5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Concept: Sticky thread on proper launch techniques for Max?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:36 AM

Concept: Sticky thread on proper launch techniques for Max?

It's becoming painfully obvious that many members of this forum could use some advice on the proper launch and racing of their Max's, whether auto or stick.

What are the odds of getting a sticky FAQ on the subject, since SO MANY of the threads on racing degenerate into name-calling and meaningless banter?

This would serve to improve the overall "street rep" of Max's, since drivers would be getting the most potential out of their cars, as well as dusting many so-called superior cars.

Just a thought. Anyone agree?
Old 05-02-2002, 10:47 AM

yes I do agree, because these 2k2 six speeds are hard to launch for beginners. I can't launch mine worth sh**. It is either smokin the tires or bogging down off the line. I just raced my buddies Honda civic and got beat off the line.(try not to laugh to hard), but then caught up later and smoked em.

I NEED HELP!!!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by Bulldawg
yes I do agree, because these 2k2 six speeds are hard to launch for beginners. I can't launch mine worth sh**. It is either smokin the tires or bogging down off the line. I just raced my buddies Honda civic and got beat off the line.(try not to laugh to hard), but then caught up later and smoked em.

I NEED HELP!!!!!
I think another discussion room should be created under

Maxima.org Forums : Maxima Discussions : .(suggested name) How Too's (Covers installs, recommended mods, driving technics etc)

with all the stickies (including your suggested sticky) and leave the 5th Generation (2000+) discussion room clear for discussions
Old 05-02-2002, 11:07 AM
jjs

It's a thought...

my concern is the remarkable volume of people who show up here and never think about 'searching' for a topic...for those who do look around first, maybe having them right here in this room helps...if they were completely elsewhere, we might have an even higher number of posts for no reason...

just a thought...

Originally posted by bramirez

I think another discussion room should be created under

Maxima.org Forums : Maxima Discussions : .(suggested name) How Too's (Covers installs, recommended mods, driving technics etc)

with all the stickies (including your suggested sticky) and leave the 5th Generation (2000+) discussion room clear for discussions
Old 05-02-2002, 11:10 AM

Re: It's a thought...

Originally posted by jjs
my concern is the remarkable volume of people who show up here and never think about 'searching' for a topic...for those who do look around first, maybe having them right here in this room helps...if they were completely elsewhere, we might have an even higher number of posts for no reason...

just a thought...

How about just one sticky in this room to point everyone in the right direction
Old 05-02-2002, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by Bulldawg

I NEED HELP!!!!!
Put a "/" before your ending IMG in your sig.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by noflash

Put a "/" before your ending IMG in your sig.
thanks, I tried to do that and the thing told me that my pic was over the size limit so need to shrink it down first but i have had a chance yet 'preciate the help tho
Old 05-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: It's a thought...

Originally posted by bramirez

How about just one sticky in this room to point everyone in the right direction
Why not just put the info in the How To thread?

How To launch...
Old 05-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I get solid 2.2 60' and some 2.1s on street tires. the secret is to not push it too hard. you want to spin a little but not bounce, you don't want to bog so you need to lanuch somewhere in the 2000rpm range depending on your mods. I like 2400 RPMs - I basically pop the clutch but back off the gas right away to grab traction then nail the gas and I'm gone....

I now, however, have drag radials so I'm learning all over again.

The real secret is just practice, practice, practice, and more practice.. invest in yourself, not in your car.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by theblue
I get solid 2.2 60' and some 2.1s on street tires. the secret is to not push it too hard. you want to spin a little but not bounce, you don't want to bog so you need to lanuch somewhere in the 2000rpm range depending on your mods. I like 2400 RPMs - I basically pop the clutch but back off the gas right away to grab traction then nail the gas and I'm gone....

I now, however, have drag radials so I'm learning all over again.

The real secret is just practice, practice, practice, and more practice.. invest in yourself, not in your car.
Zacly.

A nice composite of driving techniques would serve the forum well.

I guess it would be up to Kev to weed out all the bohlscheist.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:45 AM

Re: Re: Re: It's a thought...

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Why not just put the info in the How To thread?

How To launch...
That works for me!

Just thinking ahead in case we start getting to many stickies.