5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

DO NOT BUY ADR! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

DO NOT BUY ADR! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (long)

I posted this in a different thread, but I wanted you all to have a chance to read this.......

The customer service at ADR (Golden Apple) is MISERABLE. I bought the car from California and I am in Arizona- I wanted a 5 speed and that was the only one I could find. The guy I bought the car from bought 19" ADR X-Factors (pictured) from the Wheel Store in Oceanside. It turns out that one of the spokes has a hairline crack on it, so I call up and talk to them. The guy, who barely spoke English, told me that they can't talk to me and that I have to bring it to the store where I purchased it from. I explain the situation and tell him that I am in AZ now and he says he will talk to his manager to make special arrangements.

I followed up with him throughout the week, and each time, he honestly has no clue who I am. He has no recollection of our phone conversations and has done nothing from the last time we spoke. Finally, I suggest that I bring the rim to Discount Tire (locally) and have them ship the wheel. He says okay, but they need to issue Discount Tire an RMA #. I am not allowed to send the wheel without an RMA # or they will reject shipment.

Discount Tire faxes in the requests for an RMA # 5 times over a 10 day period. They continually follow up, but apparently the guy who issues RMA's only works on Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays. Well, after 2 weeks, I follow up with ADR personally, even though they have already told me that they refuse to speak to me, and I ask them what the hell is going on.

THE SAME GUY who told me to go to Discount now tells me I HAVE TO GO TO THE WHEEL STORE in California and that they won't allow me to go through Discount!!!!! Apparently they only take wheels from the place that originally sold them (They are clearly making up new policies at this point.) So I call the Wheel Store....

Joe Jordan, the manager at the Wheel Store, tells me that they have cut off relations ENTIRELY with Golden Apple because they have terrible vendor relations to go along with their terrible customer service. But he will make an exception and take care of it for me. I ship my wheel out the next morning.

Well it turns out that the guy at the Wheel Store sends my wheel to the wrong address by mistake. They get it returned to them 2 weeks later and send it back out to the correct address.

2 MORE weeks later I am sitting here with no wheel. ADR refuses to even acknowledge that they have my wheel (literally). Each time I call they tell me (like they are reading it off of a screen) "unfortunately this company does not deal with customers directly. You will have to go through the store you purchased it from".

I spoke to the owner about it and the guy could barely speak English. I still have no idea what he said to me. I am better off dealing with that bastard CS rep who has no idea who I am even after talking to him over 10 times.

3 months have passed and I have not heard anything yet. I am ready to go to court over this....

All I have to say is that I am glad I have a backup set of rims or I would be SCREWED! If I can prevent even one pair of rims being purchased from ADR/Golden Apple, I feel much better about things.....
Old 05-12-2002, 06:39 PM

tough luck, sounds like a nightmare. i hope everything goes better for you. stupid question but what is Golden Apple? and yes, you have convinced me on what NOT to get.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by burgerking
tough luck, sounds like a nightmare. i hope everything goes better for you. stupid question but what is Golden Apple? and yes, you have convinced me on what NOT to get.
Golden Apple is the manufacturer of ADR Wheels. It took me like 8 phone calls to figure that one out.... The bastards probably operate under some limited liability corp. alias so they can dodge lawsuits and responsibility. You'd think if you paid $1200, the company would do everything they could to satisfy you so you would buy more.....guess not.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Ive dealt with the " Wheel Store " in Oceanside, they are not exactly a model of customer service...
Old 05-12-2002, 08:34 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by kloogy
Ive dealt with the " Wheel Store " in Oceanside, they are not exactly a model of customer service...
I know what you mean. I sold Joe (manager/owner) a big screen tv last year
Old 05-12-2002, 08:36 PM

who's the guy that u spoke to from adr?? maybe i can go shake something up.. my friend's uncle is the owner of the place.. they're usually pretty good about htings like this...
Old 05-12-2002, 10:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn...with your story...I for one wont be ordering anything from them
Old 05-13-2002, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by mingo
who's the guy that u spoke to from adr?? maybe i can go shake something up.. my friend's uncle is the owner of the place.. they're usually pretty good about htings like this...
Alfredo. Not the brightest bulb in the box.... Anything you can do would be helpful....
Old 05-13-2002, 05:02 PM

Re: DO NOT BUY ADR! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (long)

remember...BBB is our friend!!

if you ever have a problem/dispute with any retailer report them to the Better Business Bureau....

http://www.bbb.org

there should also be a Consumer Protection Division in your state...look them up try thisattorny general office

*****Consumer Issues
Consumer fraud, as defined by Arizona law, is any deception, false statement, false pretense, false promise or misrepresentation made by a seller or advertiser of merchandise. In addition, concealment, suppression or failure to disclose a material fact may be consumer fraud if it is done with the intent that others rely on such concealment, suppression or nondisclosure. Merchandise may include any objects, wares, goods, commodities, intangibles, real estate or services.

The following is a brief overview of the Consumer Fraud Act. The Act is found at A.R.S.§ 44-1521 through 44-1534. The Attorney General's Office offers this information as a public service but is prohibited by law from giving you legal advice. If you have questions regarding your particular case you might want to contact a private attorney.

The Arizona Attorney General has the authority to bring actions alleging violations of the Consumer Fraud Act. Sometimes the enforcement authority is delegated to County Attorneys. A private citizen can also bring an action for a violation of the Consumer Fraud Act within one year from the date the claim arises.

If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, you should first contact the company in writing and specifically request the relief that you feel is appropriate. You may also file a complaint a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General's Office. You can print a complaint form from this web site, fill it out and mail it to us with photocopies of your supporting documents or you may contact us by phone or mail for information and/or a complaint form.

PHOENIX
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL Consumer Information and Complaints 1275 W. Washington
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2926
Telephone: (602)542-5763
outside of the Phoenix Metro Area 1-800-352-8431

or

TUCSON
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL Consumer Information and Complaints 400 W. Congress
South Building, Suite 315
Tucson, Arizona 85701-1367
Telephone: (520)628-6504
or 1-800-352-8431

Because this office receives thousands of complaints per year, not all of them can be fully investigated. However, you should receive a response to your complaint within 2-3 weeks. Many complaints result in Attorney General enforcement actions against companies or merchants. An enforcement action may sometimes result in civil penalties, attorney's fees and refunds to affected consumers. *****

hope this helps!!

Old 05-13-2002, 05:08 PM

Re: Re: DO NOT BUY ADR! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (long)

Originally posted by thicknes
remember...BBB is our friend!!

if you ever have a problem/dispute with any retailer report them to the Better Business Bureau....

http://www.bbb.org

there should also be a Consumer Protection Division in your state...look them up try thisattorny general office

*****Consumer Issues
Consumer fraud, as defined by Arizona law, is any deception, false statement, false pretense, false promise or misrepresentation made by a seller or advertiser of merchandise. In addition, concealment, suppression or failure to disclose a material fact may be consumer fraud if it is done with the intent that others rely on such concealment, suppression or nondisclosure. Merchandise may include any objects, wares, goods, commodities, intangibles, real estate or services.

The following is a brief overview of the Consumer Fraud Act. The Act is found at A.R.S.§ 44-1521 through 44-1534. The Attorney General's Office offers this information as a public service but is prohibited by law from giving you legal advice. If you have questions regarding your particular case you might want to contact a private attorney.

The Arizona Attorney General has the authority to bring actions alleging violations of the Consumer Fraud Act. Sometimes the enforcement authority is delegated to County Attorneys. A private citizen can also bring an action for a violation of the Consumer Fraud Act within one year from the date the claim arises.

If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, you should first contact the company in writing and specifically request the relief that you feel is appropriate. You may also file a complaint a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General's Office. You can print a complaint form from this web site, fill it out and mail it to us with photocopies of your supporting documents or you may contact us by phone or mail for information and/or a complaint form.

PHOENIX
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL Consumer Information and Complaints 1275 W. Washington
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2926
Telephone: (602)542-5763
outside of the Phoenix Metro Area 1-800-352-8431

or

TUCSON
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL Consumer Information and Complaints 400 W. Congress
South Building, Suite 315
Tucson, Arizona 85701-1367
Telephone: (520)628-6504
or 1-800-352-8431

Because this office receives thousands of complaints per year, not all of them can be fully investigated. However, you should receive a response to your complaint within 2-3 weeks. Many complaints result in Attorney General enforcement actions against companies or merchants. An enforcement action may sometimes result in civil penalties, attorney's fees and refunds to affected consumers. *****

hope this helps!!

Thanks for the research! I bought new rims this morning, so the pressure is off to get that one back ASAP, but if I don't get anything within the next month, I'm all over it.....

MY NEW RIMS!
Old 05-13-2002, 05:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: DO NOT BUY ADR! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (long)

Originally posted by asu174

Thanks for the research! I bought new rims this morning,
MY NEW RIMS!
you are very welcome..nice wheel

thickes