5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Don @ Mobiltek contact number?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Don @ Mobiltek contact number?

Does anyone in Houston have Don @ Mobiletek's number? Or can they look it up in the phone book and post it? Or do they know what is going on with his business?

Many of us 5th gens have sent $$, &/or parts of our cars, and have waited, for many weeks, with nothing to show for it.

E-mails have been to no avail; and while I don't think he has run off w/ our $$, it is a little hard to send someone money and not get much back (including communication).

I personally have waited over 10 weeks and I think it might ease the doubts a little to be able to actually talk to him, and find out what is going on.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:51 PM

I've emailed Don a couple times about the VB Mod too and all I get back is the autoresponder saying, "Thanks for your interest...Someone will personally respond..." blah, blah, blah...
Anyone have any info???
Old 05-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by HulaMAX
I've emailed Don a couple times about the VB Mod too and all I get back is the autoresponder saying, "Thanks for your interest...Someone will personally respond..." blah, blah, blah...
Anyone have any info???
Weird, I email-chatted with Don over the weekend. He responded pretty quickly. Are you guys sending email to the vbinfo address? I have his home email address, but not sure if he wants it given out. I'll email him about all of your concerns this afternoon.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Tanmann9

Weird, I email-chatted with Don over the weekend. He responded pretty quickly. Are you guys sending email to the vbinfo address? I have his home email address, but not sure if he wants it given out. I'll email him about all of your concerns this afternoon.
I've tried all the e-mail addresses on his site, and another that starts out with his initials (I got when he replied to one of my e-mails way back).

Any info. or correspondence would be greatly appreciated.

I just want an honest update!
Old 05-15-2002, 01:04 PM

Yah, I sent it to the vbinfo addy inquiring about the upgrade. That'd be great to get a response. Thanks Tanmann9!
Old 05-15-2002, 03:08 PM
Jer

Same here, emailed two addresses (orders and techsupport), and even a personal address that was given to me - nothing to show... not even an acknowledgement. I'm not in a horrible rush but I'm in the unfortunate position of a customer who has paid for a product and doesn't know if he'll be getting it / running in three weeks or four months, or when it starts to snow again... much less do I know if my mails are being ignored or whether anyone is getting them at all!

I've heard great things about Don and the quality of his work, so I'm just following the good word and hoping he's just got his hands full.

Originally posted by Stikya

I've tried all the e-mail addresses on his site, and another that starts out with his initials (I got when he replied to one of my e-mails way back).

Any info. or correspondence would be greatly appreciated.

I just want an honest update!
Old 05-15-2002, 05:15 PM

All,

Don says he's replied to everyone who's sent money. Not sure about those who are just inquiring. He might have some other stuff on his mind right now, he wasn't too detailed.

If you have any basic questions, check his website or ask here.

On the bright side, if any Houston folks want the vb mod and install, we might be able to work out a group deal. PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:26 AM
Jer

Still no new mail here... any way I can contact him if I'm the guy who paid that he doesn't remember?

All,

Don says he's replied to everyone who's sent money. Not sure about those who are just inquiring. He might have some other stuff on his mind right now, he wasn't too detailed.

On the bright side, if any Houston folks want the vb mod and install, we might be able to work out a group deal. PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:20 AM

All,

He has replied a couple of times (once back in March, once in April); but that was weeks ago. Subsequent e-mails have gotten no response.

It's very frustrating, espcially since I sent a LARGE sum of $$, over 2 and 1/2 months ago, to help get the 5th gen VB swap running.

My fear is that I'm still going to be sitting here 2 more months from now, with no VB mod, no communication, and no cash. It would be nice to have an ETA or update.

P.S. How is he going to do a group VB deal, when he hasn't even got all the ones he's currently working on finished?
Old 05-16-2002, 06:42 AM

I'll check with him again this afternoon. As far as the group deal, we're local, so we take priority

He has replied a couple of times (once back in March, once in April); but that was weeks ago. Subsequent e-mails have gotten no response.

It's very frustrating, espcially since I sent a LARGE sum of $$, over 2 and 1/2 months ago, to help get the 5th gen VB swap running.

My fear is that I'm still going to be sitting here 2 more months from now, with no VB mod, no communication, and no cash. It would be nice to have an ETA or update.

P.S. How is he going to do a group VB deal, when he hasn't even got all the ones he's currently working on finished?
Old 05-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Jer

Let me know too... thanks!

I'll check with him again this afternoon. As far as the group deal, we're local, so we take priority

Old 05-16-2002, 01:03 PM

Any chance on getting a group deal for us California dudes?
Old 05-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Jer

FYI his swbell.net email address is full...
(sorry, not giving it to anybody anyways )

Old 05-17-2002, 10:21 AM

UPDATE

UPDATE:
He has contacted me about our next step. He has run into a problem w/ the 5th gen. VB swap, and didn't know how to proceed. We are working it out.

The problem is w/ the gaskets on the 5th gen. VB. They don't come off easily, like a 4th gen., so getting new ones, that are not attached to a VB, is hard.

Anyway, just thought some of you might like the update, especially if you are in line for the 5th gen. VB swap.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Jer

Re: UPDATE

Would this affect all VB mods prior to this date?

UPDATE:
He has contacted me about our next step. He has run into a problem w/ the 5th gen. VB swap, and didn't know how to proceed. We are working it out.

The problem is w/ the gaskets on the 5th gen. VB. They don't come off easily, like a 4th gen., so getting new ones, that are not attached to a VB, is hard.

Anyway, just thought some of you might like the update, especially if you are in line for the 5th gen. VB swap.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:01 PM

Re: Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by Jer
Would this affect all VB mods prior to this date?

No. From what I understand, it is the reason he is having trouble getting the swap program up and running. It has to do w/ getting all the parts separately, to put the first one together. It shouldn't affect anyone who actually sent their VB to him for the mod.