5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rock chips- GONE

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Rock chips- GONE

I'm not sure if there has been a post on this already, BUT.......

I came across the TurtleWax Color Cure wax with Chip Stick in Wal Mart and I thought I would give it a try. I have the Pearl White color, so I bought the white mix. Decent wax, but the CHIP STICK RULES. All you have to do it grind it over your rock chips and then buff over it with the Color Cure wax. It worked like a charm. And it has stayed that way for a couple of weeks. I had like 15 chips up front and now from 5 feet away all you can see is one (big one- on the edge of the hood- but the chip stick still helped big time).

I would recommend this to anyone....... The colors are limited, so if your car is beige, etc.- I think you're screwed.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:44 PM

Re: Rock chips- GONE

Originally posted by asu174

I came across the TurtleWax Color Cure wax with Chip Stick in Wal Mart and I thought I would give it a try. I have the Pearl White color, so I bought the white mix. Decent wax, but the CHIP STICK RULES. All you have to do it grind it over your rock chips and then buff over it with the Color Cure wax. It worked like a charm. And it has stayed that way for a couple of weeks. I had like 15 chips up front and now from 5 feet away all you can see is one (big one- on the edge of the hood- but the chip stick still helped big time).

I would recommend this to anyone....... The colors are limited, so if your car is beige, etc.- I think you're screwed.
2 words......CLEAR GUARD
Old 05-16-2002, 11:14 PM

what the heII, worth a try. i'll be pickin some up.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the info. I saw that on TV and was about to get some to try and fix the chips on my girlfriends celica. Luckily my Max has no chips yet.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:14 AM

Re: Re: Rock chips- GONE

Originally posted by JAKE02

2 words......CLEAR GUARD
At this point, I think it is useless to get clear guard because I already have so many of them. It will eventually just need to be repainted. This is a great quick fix though.

My next new car (if I ever get one again) gets the 3M for sure.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:29 AM

Do you remember if you saw anything that closely resembled Sherwood Green?
Old 05-17-2002, 06:46 AM
BuddyWh

Thanks for the report... it will be interesting to know how it's long-term performance holds... how many washings, for instance.

I have seen it in the stores and though it would be a good idea for prepping a car to sell it, but never figured it worth the effort for actual because I'd have to re-do it frequently.

Buddywh

Old 05-17-2002, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Lumbee799

Do you remember if you saw anything that closely resembled Sherwood Green?
I've seen the green stick with the Turtlewax. They have it at AutoZone and likely other places. It looks dark enough for ours.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:25 AM

Dont forget to use a pair of latex gloves.... it can stains your hands...
Old 05-17-2002, 07:32 AM
Very sound, Mike

Check this page out for the list of colors and color ranges available.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by BuddyWh

Thanks for the report... it will be interesting to know how it's long-term performance holds... how many washings, for instance.

I have seen it in the stores and though it would be a good idea for prepping a car to sell it, but never figured it worth the effort for actual because I'd have to re-do it frequently.

Buddywh
I hand wash my car twice a week and it has held up just fine. It is also marginally effective for filling in a scratch I have on my rear bumper.

The GS2 crap is the stuff on TV. I have no experience with this so use it at your own risk. But God Bless Turtle Wax.