5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

List of what pi$$ me of on the road...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 07:42 AM

List of what pi$$ me of on the road...

He guys, I'm so pi$$ed off about some drivers bad habitudes, I think it's time to tell others what is aceptable and what's not, please give us some feed back so maybe we can educate those idiots out there.

1- People cut you baddly and dont use the flasher, later they turn right or left with no one around and now they use the flasher, WTF grrrr...( why do you think there is flasher on the car )

2- People who try to pass you by the parking lane on the red light, grrrr this I cant stand, this is the cab driver prefered one, never let them pass even if they smash you, unless a lane is merging and the driver use the flasher.

3- Following people in the a$$, always leave at least 2 or 3 cars distances between the cars.

4- People who dont respect yield sign, they always argue arferward.

5- Slow driver in the left lane, get the fuc* out of the way and drive in the slower lane.

6- People who race in a 30 zone, stop before you kill someone.

7-Throwing garbage out of the car or empty your hashtray in the street, ( this one is specifically for cab driver )

8-Driving fast with the *****y spare on, please dont push your luck.

9-Driving in the a$$ of older driver, this can stress them out and cause accident give them time to react, most of the time they will merge in other lane.

10- Drive like a gentleman all the time even if you race and loose, there will always be faster cars then yours so accept the loss.

Cheers

AA
Old 06-07-2002, 07:48 AM
jjs

Very true...

and...

Make-up, shaving, hair brushing are NOT to be done behind the wheel! Wake up 10 freaking minutes earlier and do it before you leave home.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:56 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Another big one...

Talking on a cell phone. I dont care if you have hands free. Pull over and talk or shut up and drive. I dont care what anybody says when you are talking to someone on the phone you are not concentrating on the road and what is going on around you!
Old 06-07-2002, 08:32 AM

Re: Another big one...

I think I can top those. I was driving to work one day, some A-hole was driving in the left lane, slow obviously, and reading the newspaper!
Old 06-07-2002, 08:41 AM

How old are you guys? I love tailgaiting! However, I only do so when someone is driving too damn slow in the fast lane. I just drive aggressively, I assume that 95% of the dorks on the road are not paying attention. (keep your brake covered in risky situations, be aware of all exit paths to avoid crash, scan all mirrors all the time, never zone out on the road) I drive to drive. I love it! Of course, you must respect your local laws and be smart about any "racing" in general. Like someone coined in here..."drive it like you stole it". Fits pretty well for me.

Oh, and my driving record has been clean since I got a speeding ticket in '92.

knock on wood.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:06 AM

Re: Re: Another big one...

Originally posted by JMax2K
I think I can top those. I was driving to work one day, some A-hole was driving in the left lane, slow obviously, and reading the newspaper!
I've seen that so many times I barely notice it any more.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

here is a story:

driving home last night....change to the left lane and a pathfinder from behind was doing 80mph while the traffic was 55 - 60mph. I changed to his lane when there was at least a 4-car lenght between us. he first tailgaited me even there was a car in front of me. then he tried to pass me by changing to the right lane, cut in front others and even few times he almost rear ended somebody. after 5 minutes of dangerous driving, he finally got in front of me and looked me over his rear mirror. I clapped my hands and congrats for his great accomplishment which took out at least 1% of his brake...he just simply gave me a middle finger
Old 06-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Sanduguero

You guys should request a complaint forum!! blah blah blah WTF stop crying and deal with the *******s that drive!
ITS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by playero
You guys should request a complaint forum!! blah blah blah WTF stop crying and deal with the *******s that drive!
Man...who **** in your Wheaties this morning?
Old 06-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What we tend to have a problem with here in the South is people that will pull out of a side road onto the 2-lane highway right in front of you and then go about 15 mph. The aggravating thing is that most of the time there is nobody behind you for miles. All the had to do was wait a couple more seconds to pull out and they could have the whole dang road to them selves but NO......

Kinda makes you wish you had rocket launchers in the front of your car sometimes!
Old 06-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Sanduguero

no one! its just that some people complaint and they do it also i bet one of the things he mentions he is the primary on doing **** like that!! trust me!
Old 06-07-2002, 12:04 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

no one! its just that some people complaint and they do it also i bet one of the things he mentions he is the primary on doing **** like that!! trust me!
oh...
Old 06-07-2002, 12:13 PM

there...

should be a rule on failing to yield to faster traffic.

Another Idea is to have multi-lane speed limits...assuming we have a 3 highway (each direction) 75 mph minimum on farthest inside lane, 65mph minimum on middle lane, and 64 or slower on the far right lane...

another rule should be, if you can't pass the vehicle to the right of you don't be hogging up the fast lane.

all of these should apply except in gridlocked or congested times.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Another big one...

Cars like it in Iowa = 0 (You try finding a 5-speed around here)

WOTA Member

**** Mine - Des Moines.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another big one...

Originally posted by jjames
Cars like it in Iowa = 0 (You try finding a 5-speed around here)

WOTA Member

**** Mine - Des Moines.
About damn time. - Cedar Rapids.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:10 PM

Sorry for the long post, but please read it.... This was not typed in anger, but it does reflect who I am and what I will do in order to maintain my safety and the safety of others around me.

1) Get OFF THE PHONE!!! Need I say it again? I am ok with the hands-free stuff, as most people who use it down south do so because of manual transmissions

2) On-Ramps: They are called ON-RAMPS for a reason. They allow you to get on to another highway. Here's the problem. On-Ramps were created as a safety feature for all drivers. They allow merging traffic time and space to get up to speed with the flow of traffic. But who actually does this? NO ONE. How many times have you been on the on-ramp to the interstate, and wished the guy in front of you would "just go already, it's an on-ramp, not a line at the bank"? All the time.

3) Left-hand lane drivers who cut across 3 lanes to exit on the right-hand side exit that is less than 0.2 miles away.

4) People in the left lane who slow down wayyyyyy below speed limit to merge to the right so they can exit less than 0.2 miles away.

5) Slow people, fast lane. Bad idea. I WILL HIT YOU. I have, and I'll do it again. And I won't get a ticket, nor run away. You'll get a ticket, and I'll laugh when your insurance pays to have my front bumper repainted.

6) Red light runners. Are you in THAT much of a hurry? My light turns green, I'm off. And if you're in the middle of the intersection when I launch, you're gonna get hit. Better yet, I may not hit you, but make a drastic change of direction and follow you all the way to where you're going... because if you gotta be there THAT fast that you have to endanger MY life, then I definitely don't wanna miss what's going on there.

7) Tailgaters. Bring it on. I'll let you hit me, then I'll complain about my back, neck, car not driving right, and any other thing I can think of. You get the ticket, I get my bumper repainted, get out of work for a while due to doctor's appts, make your insurance go up, and laugh when I sue you for "emotional trama" from the accident. Hrm, is it worth it all? Hit me and you'll find out.

8) Racing. I'm all about it. But as it was stated previously... NOT IN RESIDENTIAL ZONES. And please, don't try to rev your engine at me when the speed limit on the road ahead is under 40. Because I'll give you 0-40 because I want you to feel like you beat me. Then I'll take you for what I can really do. But I'm not stupid enough to get a ticket for going 20+ miles over the speed limit in a 40 MPH zone. So if you wanna race, find a good road with a 50+ MPH on it. And also, if I can't get to 40 MPH before I have to break for another light, I am not racing you. What a waste of gas... 0-40-0.

9) Speeding. Let me re-phrase it. Going with the flow of traffic. If you are going with the flow of traffic +/-10 MPH, I am ok, but if traffic is moving at 75, and you are crusing at 100, then I will report you. 911 is my friend, and they know me by name because of the number of people I report. I even have the Florida HP's number in my cell, and am not afraid to use it. I am ok with speed, as even I do it. But please, keep it reasonable. Over a 1000 mile trip, if you go 20 MPH faster than the speed limit, you save about 3.5 hour's time (1000/65=15.38 hours vs. 1000/85=11.7 hours). That's assuming that you AVERAGE 20 MPH faster. Then you run the risk of a cop busting you. And the final question... do you really actually travel 1000 mile trips all the time?

10) Lane changing. Use your turn signal. I speed, I change lanes, I use my turn signals. I am courteous. People don't complain about the way I drive, nor flip me off, etc, because I let them know what I am about to do. To know where a lane change is courteous or not, use this simple guide. If you've thought about the change for more than 5 secs, it's ok. If you've turned on your turn signal, it's ok. If the weight of your car suddenly shifts because of changing lanes, it's NOT ok.

11) Truckers. They are your friends. Be nice to them, and they WILL return the favor. Don't follow too closely, and every once in a while, flash your lights and let them in. They have a hard enough time out there without you being a jerk as well.

12) Lane Speed Limits - I agree with koostermax on his comment. Make each lane have it's speed range. 10 MPH increments, with the far left lane 75+, middle 65-75, and right 74-. For roads with 2 lanes, speed limit and lower, right lane. Above speed limit, left lane. This would even make it easier for cops to catch you, so I am sure that they'd even buy in on this one.

13) Don't drive when you are mad with something other than traffic. You are risking my life, and if you are endangering me or others, I will either report you, or hit you, just to get you off the road.

13) I agree with doublea on comments already posted.

Please everyone, drive responsively. I wanna make it home each night and I am sure you do too. Don't risk my life and yours because of a stupid decision. Understand that I know that my car is my baby, and I take great care of her. But she is also replacable. I WILL use whatever force is necessary to stop you from risking the lives of myself, yourself, and others, including not but limited to: hitting you, bumping you, cutting you off, disabling your car, forcing you into a solid object, taking away your car keys, beating you up, immobilizing you until local law enforcement can arrive, etc. My insurance has never once charged me for anything I've done like this, because I explain to them that I was saving the lives and cars of many others.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:20 PM

right on Studman!!!

Yea be nice to truckers... I was one at one time. be nice to them and they'll help you out if they can, they'll flash you too!

But what irritates me too is people who drive with the brakes. They have their brakes on but are going faster? What's up with that? Idiots... afriad of going too fast, then don't step on the gas!

I agree with all those points.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:46 PM

that's what I am forced to do everyday...got off an overpass into the left lane with 85mph...exit is 1/4 mile on the right...blame Caltrans on this one.

and no, the next exit is 1 mile away and I have to drive another half mile of local to make a u-turn.

Originally posted by studman

3) Left-hand lane drivers who cut across 3 lanes to exit on the right-hand side exit that is less than 0.2 miles away.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:02 PM

i was on the way to my gig at the club last night when i got off of work at my regular job and some idiot in a Z28 was doin 35 in a 55 and when i went to pass him he wanted to play so he floored it and i let him go but the 2nd time i just kept on it finaly when we got to about 135 he let me pass that kinda stuff ****es me off... i guess he was suprised that a 4door sedan kept up with him

also to add the major thing that aggrivates me is that i live in a small city and alot of times you see cops flashing there lights just to get through a red light
Old 06-07-2002, 02:22 PM

u da man!!!

Originally posted by studman
Sorry for the long post, but please read it.... This was not typed in anger, but it does reflect who I am and what I will do in order to maintain my safety and the safety of others around me.

1) Get OFF THE PHONE!!! Need I say it again? I am ok with the hands-free stuff, as most people who use it down south do so because of manual transmissions

2) On-Ramps: They are called ON-RAMPS for a reason. They allow you to get on to another highway. Here's the problem. On-Ramps were created as a safety feature for all drivers. They allow merging traffic time and space to get up to speed with the flow of traffic. But who actually does this? NO ONE. How many times have you been on the on-ramp to the interstate, and wished the guy in front of you would "just go already, it's an on-ramp, not a line at the bank"? All the time.

4) People in the left lane who slow down wayyyyyy below speed limit to merge to the right so they can exit less than 0.2 miles away.

5) Slow people, fast lane. Bad idea. I WILL HIT YOU. I have, and I'll do it again. And I won't get a ticket, nor run away. You'll get a ticket, and I'll laugh when your insurance pays to have my front bumper repainted.

6) Red light runners. Are you in THAT much of a hurry? My light turns green, I'm off. And if you're in the middle of the intersection when I launch, you're gonna get hit. Better yet, I may not hit you, but make a drastic change of direction and follow you all the way to where you're going... because if you gotta be there THAT fast that you have to endanger MY life, then I definitely don't wanna miss what's going on there.

7) Tailgaters. Bring it on. I'll let you hit me, then I'll complain about my back, neck, car not driving right, and any other thing I can think of. You get the ticket, I get my bumper repainted, get out of work for a while due to doctor's appts, make your insurance go up, and laugh when I sue you for "emotional trama" from the accident. Hrm, is it worth it all? Hit me and you'll find out.

8) Racing. I'm all about it. But as it was stated previously... NOT IN RESIDENTIAL ZONES. And please, don't try to rev your engine at me when the speed limit on the road ahead is under 40. Because I'll give you 0-40 because I want you to feel like you beat me. Then I'll take you for what I can really do. But I'm not stupid enough to get a ticket for going 20+ miles over the speed limit in a 40 MPH zone. So if you wanna race, find a good road with a 50+ MPH on it. And also, if I can't get to 40 MPH before I have to break for another light, I am not racing you. What a waste of gas... 0-40-0.

9) Speeding. Let me re-phrase it. Going with the flow of traffic. If you are going with the flow of traffic +/-10 MPH, I am ok, but if traffic is moving at 75, and you are crusing at 100, then I will report you. 911 is my friend, and they know me by name because of the number of people I report. I even have the Florida HP's number in my cell, and am not afraid to use it. I am ok with speed, as even I do it. But please, keep it reasonable. Over a 1000 mile trip, if you go 20 MPH faster than the speed limit, you save about 3.5 hour's time (1000/65=15.38 hours vs. 1000/85=11.7 hours). That's assuming that you AVERAGE 20 MPH faster. Then you run the risk of a cop busting you. And the final question... do you really actually travel 1000 mile trips all the time?

10) Lane changing. Use your turn signal. I speed, I change lanes, I use my turn signals. I am courteous. People don't complain about the way I drive, nor flip me off, etc, because I let them know what I am about to do. To know where a lane change is courteous or not, use this simple guide. If you've thought about the change for more than 5 secs, it's ok. If you've turned on your turn signal, it's ok. If the weight of your car suddenly shifts because of changing lanes, it's NOT ok.

11) Truckers. They are your friends. Be nice to them, and they WILL return the favor. Don't follow too closely, and every once in a while, flash your lights and let them in. They have a hard enough time out there without you being a jerk as well.

12) Lane Speed Limits - I agree with koostermax on his comment. Make each lane have it's speed range. 10 MPH increments, with the far left lane 75+, middle 65-75, and right 74-. For roads with 2 lanes, speed limit and lower, right lane. Above speed limit, left lane. This would even make it easier for cops to catch you, so I am sure that they'd even buy in on this one.

13) Don't drive when you are mad with something other than traffic. You are risking my life, and if you are endangering me or others, I will either report you, or hit you, just to get you off the road.

13) I agree with doublea on comments already posted.

Please everyone, drive responsively. I wanna make it home each night and I am sure you do too. Don't risk my life and yours because of a stupid decision. Understand that I know that my car is my baby, and I take great care of her. But she is also replacable. I WILL use whatever force is necessary to stop you from risking the lives of myself, yourself, and others, including not but limited to: hitting you, bumping you, cutting you off, disabling your car, forcing you into a solid object, taking away your car keys, beating you up, immobilizing you until local law enforcement can arrive, etc. My insurance has never once charged me for anything I've done like this, because I explain to them that I was saving the lives and cars of many others.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:53 PM

good word...
i agree
Old 06-09-2002, 07:47 AM

Hay man, I didn't start that thread for complaining, just to educate idiot that doesn't care about others, driving like an idiot has nothing to do with life it's everything except that, btw your the one crying.

Cheers

AA
Old 06-09-2002, 09:00 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I did not hear the most important one. Drinking and driving. I don't think I need a big explanation of why not to drive when you have been drinking. I used to think it was not a big deal as long as I was not totally smashed or about to pass out. Your ideas will change when someone you know is involved in a fatality because of driving drunk. Also, driving under the influence of anything is wrong ie: pot, pills, x, speed. I dont't care what it is stay home. I used to think I drove better messed up. I woke up to the truth. I am sure most agree in theory but when it comes down to it a lot people will drive when they are not sober. If plans are not made AHEAD of time of how to get home safely it will never happen, Because once you start partying all the good intentions go out the window.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:50 AM

Most of my pet peeves have already been covered here. But I'll add two:

1. The only thing worse than not using turn signals is not turning them off afterward. One never knows if they're going to turn or change lanes again, or if they're just dangerously oblivious to everything around them.

2. I avoid being behind cars with tires that extend beyond the wheel wells. This just increases the chance of a rock or pebble being thrown back into my windshield.