5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Grill-Tech Grill inserts 2K2 ! Pics !

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 04:18 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Grill-Tech Grill inserts 2K2 ! Pics !

I just put these in this morning...took about 30 minutes....Check out the pictures on my homepage. I got them on Ebay for $40 + shipping !

Grill Tech Pictures !
Old 06-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks good
Old 06-09-2002, 04:29 PM

very nice
was it hard to install?
Old 06-09-2002, 04:35 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Nope. .... It was pretty easy, It wouldve been easier if I had a 3 year olds hands... Kind of hard to get my hands back there, to secure it...I know a few guys ordered it too on here...
Old 06-09-2002, 04:36 PM

Hey kloogy how come you didnt just drive down to your nearest home depot and buy some honeycomb metal mesh inserts?
Old 06-09-2002, 04:51 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
Hey kloogy how come you didnt just drive down to your nearest home depot and buy some honeycomb metal mesh inserts?
,and a rig it yourself intake while Im at it ..... No thanks ...
Old 06-09-2002, 05:12 PM

kloogy,
everytime I look at your car, the more I regret about not getting a "WHITE" maxima
Old 06-09-2002, 05:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

The color really caught my EYE ! I originally wanted a Black one, but the Glacier Pearl got me !...THX !
Old 06-09-2002, 05:17 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by tapwr3000
kloogy,
everytime I look at your car, the more I regret about not getting a "WHITE" maxima
IMO, your car looks really sporty and fast, and kloogy's looks sexy and fast.
Old 06-09-2002, 05:19 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

<=== Sexy ??.....
Old 06-09-2002, 06:44 PM

Was it cut to fit the air dam or is it just a piece of mesh?
Old 06-09-2002, 07:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Looks good except for the Yankees plate .

I wonder if the grille will fit with the Stillen touring lip?
Old 06-09-2002, 07:45 PM

Looks good Kloogy, I just ordered my Friday
off ebay cnat wait to get them installed
Old 06-09-2002, 09:31 PM

uhhh...

looks good kloogy but um, you got ripped. thats the exact same gutter gaurd that you can get at home stores (home depot) for $1, except its already been cut. There are tons of people on ebay making money selling that stuff to people who dont know (or are too lazy to cut it them selves) I had the exact same thing on my accord and paid less than $3!
Old 06-09-2002, 09:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: uhhh...

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy
looks good kloogy but um, you got ripped. thats the exact same gutter gaurd that you can get at home stores (home depot) for $1, except its already been cut. There are tons of people on ebay making money selling that stuff to people who dont know (or are too lazy to cut it them selves) I had the exact same thing on my accord and paid less than $3!
Check out their website: www.grille-tech.com. The Home Depot gutter guard is semi-ghetto and doesn't have the protective plastic around the metal. Take a closer look at the images too, the mesh is tight-woven and classier than the Home Depot ooglie grille.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:44 PM

Re: Re: uhhh...

Originally posted by Tanmann9

Check out their website: www.grille-tech.com. The Home Depot gutter guard is semi-ghetto and doesn't have the protective plastic around the metal. Take a closer look at the images too, the mesh is tight-woven and classier than the Home Depot ooglie grille.
your right. i didnt look at their website, and i didnt notice the plastic around the metal. It does look similar tho, just make sure if you buy off ebay you dont buy gutter gaurd!
Old 06-09-2002, 09:46 PM
I miss the .org!

I like it Kloogy, it looks really clean. Sh*t I'm in college so I can definitely understand people wanting to save a few bucks. I'd probably buy that grille-tech too, but if someone else has to do it themselves...it's all good too.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:47 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I bought this one because it didnt look like gutter guard ! I liked the way the product looked. Im not into the Rig It Yourself Mods.... Grill Tech makes a nice product, not some 1.00 piece of gutter guard....
Old 06-09-2002, 09:49 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Like I said at first, it was $40 Bucks... Most of us spend more than that on beer Friday nights !
Old 06-09-2002, 09:52 PM
I miss the .org!

Yeah I'm still hungover as we speak. I'm just sayin to each his own. If you can make your own mod, that's cool, as long as it looks good. Like I said, I'd probably buy it on EBay too. How does the grille-tech attach? Seems like the Home Depot ones just use zip ties.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:59 PM

Re: Re: uhhh...

Originally posted by kloogy
You are absoloutely wrong. If you saw it, before I installed it, you would see its not that. It has the rubber frame on it. Im so sick and tired with some of you cheap A$$ org members , who criticize people for spending a few bucks for something that looks decent. Im not going to spend my weekend cutting Mesh from Home depot like you say, I can afford to buy something that looks better than that ! Dont be so cheap !
I criticized you? um where?

Well Im very touched that your 'sick' of cheap *** org members, but a lot of people dont want to burn up $40 + shipping on something they can buy at home depot for close to $1, and yes its almost identical to your grill tech. Dont get your panties in a bunch b/c i tried to give others the heads up, there ARE people on ebay selling gutter gaurd for rediculous prices smartass. And if it takes you a whole weekend cutting gutter gaurd, id hate to see you do something really challenging b/c that is pathetic

As for me, ill remain 'grilltech'-less. It looks good at first, but after a while itll look tacky when you see a max without one.

oh, just to clarify, im still in college so yea i'd like to save a few bucks here and there if i can.
Old 06-09-2002, 10:07 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Hey GENIUS , I deleted the message after your response , when you ACTUALLY looked at what the product was actually like. Go ahead and FIRE OFF your ignorant garbage. We all do stuff to our cars, and some of us like it, others dont. Dont come here FLAMING me because you want me to go buy some $1 piece of crap. If I feel like buy something for $40, I damn well will do so. Ive been modding cars since I was 16, so dont tell me what is challenging or not ! ... If thats the case dont buy an intake, show us your creativity , go to metal shop, and make on yourself Einstein !
Old 06-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Hey GENIUS , I deleted the message after your response , when you ACTUALLY looked at what the product was actually like. Go ahead and FIRE OFF your ignorant garbage. We all do stuff to our cars, and some of us like it, others dont. Dont come here FLAMING me because you want me to go buy some $1 piece of crap. If I feel like buy something for $40, I damn well will do so. Ive been modding cars since I was 16, so dont tell me what is challenging or not ! ... If thats the case dont buy an intake, show us your creativity , go to metal shop, and make on yourself Einstein !
The Grill Tech is much better looking than Home Depot and worth the money. It is much more visible and "sexy".
Old 06-09-2002, 10:38 PM

we're all cheap and dumb, now can't we all just get along??? the grill looks nice.. but doesn't that restrict some airflow?? i know that's the aux grill and i knwo some cars like the new sc430 dont' even have an auxilary grill.. but dont' you want to push more air in there for engine cooling? it also will create a vacum if you restrict the airflow. it'll make more air get tripped inbetween the radiator and the bumper when you go 55+mph reducing the volume of cooler actually passing through your radiator... i'm sure your cooling system still works fine, but it's prolly not working as efficient as it used to be.
Old 06-09-2002, 11:06 PM

Hey DOOFUS, if you take some time to read my first post, the first thing i said was "it looks good kloogy"... how you turned that into a criticism and flame is beyond me.

Secondly, im not running my mouth b/c i want you to buy something, i could care less what you buy!!! I said that for the sake of informing the other org members about a more cheaper alternative for BASICALLY the same product! Its not a piece of crap, you just say that b/c its $1 and your too good for that. If im wrong, then why is gutter gaurd 'crap'? Its the same d#%m material!!!

Thirdly, plz dont throw in intakes when we are talking about a TOTALLY different thing here. And you are the one who said it would take you a weekend to cut gutter gaurd, NOT ME! Just take your grill tech and be happy with it, theres going to be some people who wouldnt mind the +40 for that stuff and would like it on their car. As for me, I'll paint my upper grill same color as my car, call it a day, and spend the $40 on a couple tanks of gas. Thank you
Old 06-09-2002, 11:07 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

This grill only covers the lower section. The main Grill remains stock. I understand your theory. I thought about it, but I think it still will flow nicely. If not, it comes of in 5 minutes, if I dont like it anymore...
Old 06-09-2002, 11:17 PM

This grill only covers the lower section. The main Grill remains stock. I understand your theory. I thought about it, but I think it still will flow nicely. If not, it comes of in 5 minutes, if I dont like it anymore...
is the grill rust proof?? i assume it has some paint sealent on it or something right?? i suggest you should spray an extra few layers of anti-rust spray paint to prevent the rocks from chipping through the rust sealant. what i meant aboout blocking air is that your main grill will let air in, and the auxilary grill (the ones you covered) lets air out. if the exhaust (axuilary grill) is resticted you'll build an air cushion around the front of your car, it'll be like driving with a shield infront of the car.. i'm not sure how nissan planned out their aero dynamic scheme so i might be wrong..
Old 06-09-2002, 11:20 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

We'll see. I just posted pictures, because I know a few other ORG members ordered it. If it doesnt work out , then I'll just throw it in the trash ....
Old 06-09-2002, 11:22 PM

We'll see. I just posted pictures, because I know a few other ORG members ordered it. If it doesnt work out , then I'll just throw it in the trash ....
you can save em' re-use them on the stillen rear valance grill if you ever get them.. i think those holes would look nice with some wire mesh behind them.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:58 AM

well, kloogy, it looked great on your car so I decided to get one for myself. Just got it for $40 on eBay.

I have to send in my color choice though. Silver or black?
My max is sterling mist... any suggestions guys?
Old 06-12-2002, 08:40 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Silver for sure.... The best thing is that if you dont like it, it comes off in 5 minutes. No cutting necessary !