5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Klasse car wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Klasse car wax

This weekend I clean my car with a Mothers California Clay bar. Then I waxed it with Klasse All-In-One polish and finally used Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. All I have to say WOW. I've used lot's of waxes in the past starting with crappy Turtle Wax to Zimol, But this stuff kiss A... It's very easy to apply and little product goes long way. I did by hand. Dime size drop takes care of the entire hood. Most importantly the result is show car shine with very little time.
I got it from properautocare.com $39.95 for a kit.
I recommend to everybody
Old 06-10-2002, 01:37 PM

I've heard alot a good things about Klasse. I use Zaino myself, but I may have to give Klasse a try one day.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:42 PM

Klasse Rocks!

I did the same thing on Saturday!

Dawn wash, Mothers Clay, Klasse AIO, topped with one coat of Klasse SG. I wanted to put another coat of SG on but ran out of time before I had to take it in for window tint.

I got the same kit you did and put it on by hand as well. Pretty easy to use. I can't wait to get another couple of SG coats on it as well.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:49 PM
OG and counting...

I have been using it for a year and I love the results I have gotten. Then if you top it off with a nice Carnuba wax (e.g. One Grand Blitz, P21s, Pinnacle Paste Glaz, Pinnacle Souveran) you will add depth to your handiwork.

Sounds like you guys have the application method down pat.
Just make sure you put at least 3 coats of Sealant Glaze on the car to provide optimum protection (I have seen some put as many as 5 coats on their cars) and let the glaze cure for 24 hrs before putting the next coat on it.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:02 PM

Between Coats

PrinzII,

Seen you around on Autopia.

Question for you: What do you do to prep the car between coats of SG? Do you Dawn wash to remove the Carnuba? I heard that the Dawn can remove some of the SG but I want to make sure I have a good surface for the new coat of SG to adhere to.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 06-10-2002, 02:21 PM
The Definitive AE Master

where do you guys get your clay bars? I went to kragen and autozone and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about.. practically laughed me outta the store thinking I was so dumba$$
Old 06-10-2002, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Larrio
where do you guys get your clay bars? I went to kragen and autozone and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about.. practically laughed me outta the store thinking I was so dumba$$
I got mine at Pepboys
Old 06-10-2002, 03:07 PM

I used two products for the first time on Saturday: Mother's Clay Bar and Liquid Glass. Anybody who saw my car at the NE meet could see the results. I'll have pics soon.

The clay bar is amazing. It made the paint feel as smooth as a baby's bottom, like it was brand-new, and using the polish/wax was much easier. I'm definitely going to use it again.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:45 PM

larrio,
i got my mother's clay bar at wal-mart. cheapest place i could find.

bob,
in between my coats of SG, i just use car wash, meguiar's gold class wash, and then apply SG. if you apply the carnuba on top of the SG, forget about layering anymore coats of SG.

ru4real,
sweet sig pic, i love the reflection.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i saw the mothers clay bar at autozone, but what does it do? I have no idea what it is used for, and when to use it? When do I use it, and do I have to go to a car wash be4 i use it? thanks.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:22 AM

I tried the Pinnacle Clay Bar system and it only streaked and smeared. So much so that I had to rewash the car. I'm gonna try another brand such as Mothers since it has gotten good reviews and is inexpensive at places like Target.

For you guys that add multiple layers of SG......do you garage your car over a weekend and just apply another layer each morning. I dont have that luxury since I live in an apartment complex and my car sits outside all day at both work and home.

I also assume that AIO from Klasse has a cleaner or fine polish to take care of small swirl marks. I have yet to master the technique of the orbital buffer so I'm gonna start off using very anitabrasive prodcuts by hand.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:46 AM

zgrm,
clay bar is used to clean the car's paint. if you wipe your hand over the paint after you wash the car and it's not smooth, that means you should clay bar.

maximus,
when i add another coat i just wash the car with a good car wash. i also don't have the luxury of a garage, well i do, but it's full of crap.

the AIO is not very abrasive, you must use it if you are applying SG. the SG will bond to the AIO.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:03 PM
OG and counting...

Re: Between Coats

Originally posted by Bobs_2k2SE_6spd
PrinzII,

Seen you around on Autopia.

Question for you: What do you do to prep the car between coats of SG? Do you Dawn wash to remove the Carnuba? I heard that the Dawn can remove some of the SG but I want to make sure I have a good surface for the new coat of SG to adhere to.

Thanks,
Bob
Actually, Dawn can only remove the carnuba but not the SG. I usually wait until the last coat of SG before putting a carnuba on it. But in preparation, I just wash normally with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo.

Old 06-11-2002, 01:04 PM
OG and counting...

Ironically, I got my Clay Magic bars from AutoZone. However, I am going to get the 200 gm Clay Magic Bars pretty soon.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:40 PM

Re: Re: Between Coats

Originally posted by PrinzII

Actually, Dawn can only remove the carnuba but not the SG. I usually wait until the last coat of SG before putting a carnuba on it. But in preparation, I just wash normally with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo.

I could be sleep deprived watching World Cup Soccer, but what is Dawn?
Old 06-11-2002, 02:05 PM
OG and counting...

Dawn Liquid Dishwashing Detergent.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:13 PM

Dawn Liquid Dishwashing Detergent.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:17 PM

Mothers

any one use Mothers Trigger Wash? See below for details. Sounds good, especially for people who live in cities and have no driveways or back yards.

CALIFORNIA GOLD® TRIGGER WASH

No more buckets! Wet-down your car and pull the trigger on stubborn dirt. Spray this concentrated cleaning agent onto the wetted surface, lather the dirt away with a sponge and rinse. Spray, Trigger Wash, wash and rinse. Trigger Wash can be used whenever you have to do a little cleaning-no buckets, no mixing and no wasted water-and you'll be done before everyone else. Trigger Wash can target areas for pre-treatment of difficult dirt, and Trigger Wash is wax-friendly. It's an all-in-one car-washing tool.
Old 06-23-2002, 09:11 PM

Can anyone tell me their experience with Zaino products?
I am looking for good protection with a great shine and from all I have read so far, they have a great product. Is their a product that gives a higher shine/better finish?
Old 06-23-2002, 09:15 PM
lcf

Originally posted by Mikie
Can anyone tell me their experience with Zaino products?
I am looking for good protection with a great shine and from all I have read so far, they have a great product. Is their a product that gives a higher shine/better finish?
zaino and klasse; its a tossup.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:08 AM

I heard that Pinnacle makes a good wax. But I read it doesn't last long. I have seen pictures and the cars look like they have a mirror finish. Well one of them did. I have a Zaino kit and I was pleased with the results. A lot of work but the results were good. Especially on my sisters black Rav4. ZAINO PICS I got a question about clay bars...when are they no longer good? When do you know it's time to
Old 06-24-2002, 01:13 AM

My Klasse twins lasted at the minimum 6 months on my old ride. I just had to wash it, and cover up with a decent coat of Blitz or Meguiars #27 every two weeks when I washed it. Also, Klasse is AWESOME on rims, you can clay them and seal them up real nice, brake dust will just wipe off with a damp rag. Of course, right now on my 2K2 I just have Turtle Wax on the rims, and the dust wipes off. Could that be because I wipe them down every morning and CA car dust it and QD it? No..... Hehe.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:24 AM

I use Zaino it is a great product and it is easy on and off. It kind of expensive when you buy all the products to make it work right. But I have:

Z-2 polish
z-5 polish for swirls and blemishs
z-6 quick detailer
z-7 car wash
ZFX
and clay bar

Go to this site:

http://autopia-carport.com/

You find all you need to know Zaino and other great waxes.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:30 AM

I was looking at that... I see you use the ZFX... It is better to go that way and skip the Z1? My car is brand new so I want to start the right way right from the beginning. Does the ZFX just speed the curing or does it also increase the shine?

Originally posted by MarcusJY
I use Zaino it is a great product and it is easy on and off. It kind of expensive when you buy all the products to make it work right. But I have:

Z-2 polish
z-5 polish for swirls and blemishs
z-6 quick detailer
z-7 car wash
ZFX
and clay bar

Go to this site:

http://autopia-carport.com/

You find all you need to know Zaino and other great waxes.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:09 AM

I've never used Z1. With the ZFX it speeds up the cure time. If you are looking to do multiple coats, then ZFX is the way to go, since you can get multiple coats in one day and with Z1 you will probably get 1 maybe 2 . I heard some people on Autopia say the ZFX helps adds a better shine, but I'm not sure since I've never used Z1.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by Neal728
My Klasse twins lasted at the minimum 6 months on my old ride. I just had to wash it, and cover up with a decent coat of Blitz or Meguiars #27 every two weeks when I washed it. Also, Klasse is AWESOME on rims, you can clay them and seal them up real nice, brake dust will just wipe off with a damp rag. Of course, right now on my 2K2 I just have Turtle Wax on the rims, and the dust wipes off. Could that be because I wipe them down every morning and CA car dust it and QD it? No..... Hehe.
I agree, Klasse works great on wheels, makes it much easier to wash.
This is OT, but can anyone help me out. I didn't see few bird droppings on my roof for few day and now the paint has yellow spots. I used Mothers cleaning wax and it didn't go anything. Is there anything I can use to make it go away?
Old 06-24-2002, 07:52 AM

Walmart. for $13.99

Old 06-24-2002, 09:53 AM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by NikaL

I agree, Klasse works great on wheels, makes it much easier to wash.
This is OT, but can anyone help me out. I didn't see few bird droppings on my roof for few day and now the paint has yellow spots. I used Mothers cleaning wax and it didn't go anything. Is there anything I can use to make it go away?
Most cleaner waxes have a very light cleaner in them which is effective for surface oxidation. For what you are describing, you might want to consider something like Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion or 3M Finesse It II. There is a good chance that the bird bomb might have etched your clear coat, hence the yellowing.

<< hates bird bombs with a golden passion.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:56 AM

Most cleaner waxes have a very light cleaner in them which is effective for surface oxidation. For what you are describing, you might want to consider something like Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion or 3M Finesse It II. There is a good chance that the bird bomb might have etched your clear coat, hence the yellowing.

<< hates bird bombs with a golden passion.
Thanks for an advise, I'll give it a try