5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

a mini-me motorcycle hit me RANT RANT RANT

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002 | 07:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

a mini-me motorcycle hit me RANT RANT RANT

really and seriously...it was one of those mini motorcycles that are about 3 feet high

I was in the Kmart parking lot driving out of it and the guy was driving between parked cars and drove right into the front end

my front bumper light is cracked, my front bumper is cracked I have two deep as gouges on the left front bumper which go down to bare metal, my headlight is cracked

and when he hit the car he flipped off...thereby kicking a big as$ dent in the driver's door

then this A$$hole had the audacity to get up and try to drive away!!!
I told him if he left I would really run his as$ over.

called the po-po's it took them FIFTEEN danggone minutes to get there...the bad part is the police station is across the street from the shopping center that the Kmart is in

the guy got a ticket for driving without a license
a ticket for driving without insurance
a ticket for attempting to leave the scene of an accident
and a ticket for driving with an expired tag (Nov 2001)

I have to get my tire rebalanced tomorrow cause the car is vibrating a little and see how much it will cost to fix the gouges before they rust

I wasn't planning on buying clear bumper lights....I guess I will be now

my first thought when the guy hit my was that it was someone on a bicycle and I was worried....then i saw the mini me motorcycle and him trying to sneak away...and the bit$h came outta me

especially when he was like "oh don't worry, it's not THAT much damage, there is nothing wrong with your car" while he is slowly inching away

I think i growled at him and scared him sh!tless

grrrrrr don't mess with the librarian and her maxima

ok...i'm done with my rant
Old 06-26-2002 | 07:39 PM

Re: a mini-me motorcycle hit me RANT RANT RANT

Originally posted by ms.thicknes
really and seriously...it was one of those mini motorcycles that are about 3 feet high

I was in the Kmart parking lot driving out of it and the guy was driving between parked cars and drove right into the front end

my front bumper light is cracked, my front bumper is cracked I have two deep as gouges on the left front bumper which go down to bare metal, my headlight is cracked

and when he hit the car he flipped off...thereby kicking a big as$ dent in the driver's door

then this A$$hole had the audacity to get up and try to drive away!!!
I told him if he left I would really run his as$ over.

called the po-po's it took them FIFTEEN danggone minutes to get there...the bad part is the police station is across the street from the shopping center that the Kmart is in

the guy got a ticket for driving without a license
a ticket for driving without insurance
a ticket for attempting to leave the scene of an accident
and a ticket for driving with an expired tag (Nov 2001)

I have to get my tire rebalanced tomorrow cause the car is vibrating a little and see how much it will cost to fix the gouges before they rust

I wasn't planning on buying clear bumper lights....I guess I will be now

my first thought when the guy hit my was that it was someone on a bicycle and I was worried....then i saw the mini me motorcycle and him trying to sneak away...and the bit$h came outta me

especially when he was like "oh don't worry, it's not THAT much damage, there is nothing wrong with your car" while he is slowly inching away

I think i growled at him and scared him sh!tless

grrrrrr don't mess with the librarian and her maxima

ok...i'm done with my rant
Thats sucks, sorry to hear about that. Are you gong to be able to get any money out of the guy? You should have smacked his a$$ around after the police left...teach nim a lesson
Old 06-26-2002 | 07:49 PM

the guy got a bunch of tickets but is he paying for the damage?
Old 06-26-2002 | 07:54 PM

that's what I thought too....plus now he got many tickets and he must be ****ed at you...doubt he will care to pay for your car but worry about his tickets first.

I would ask my insurance to deal with this guy if I were you..

Originally posted by costcowholesale
Old 06-26-2002 | 08:03 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
actually I don't think i will be getting a dang thing out of him

I will find out a prognosis from the dealer tomorrow to find out how much it will cost to fix it all

sniff sniff
Old 06-26-2002 | 08:15 PM

bumper - 300
paint - 120 (actually their cost is like 5 dollar)
labor - 2 hours

ask them if they will bake the bumper to release the chemical in there.

I will find out a prognosis from the dealer tomorrow to find out how much it will cost to fix it all

sniff sniff
Old 06-26-2002 | 08:19 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

sniff sniff
Lotsa accidents lately- mostly with deadbeat bastards.

Sounds like an insurance claim to me. What's your deductible? Please say $250 or less.......

I'm sorry

Sincerely,

Snookums
Old 06-26-2002 | 08:44 PM

Originally posted by asu174

Lotsa accidents lately- mostly with deadbeat bastards.

Sounds like an insurance claim to me. What's your deductible? Please say $250 or less.......

I'm sorry

Sincerely,

Snookums
put it this way snookums...it will most likely cost less to fix it out of pocket than pay my deductible of 500 bucks
Old 06-26-2002 | 09:04 PM

put it this way snookums...it will most likely cost less to fix it out of pocket than pay my deductible of 500 bucks
Doh! I learned my lesson the hard way on the $500 deductible. I'm down to $250....and I was VERY tempted to get the $100 one.
Old 06-26-2002 | 09:21 PM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

shudda ran his punk *** over! why is it that we always get messed up with sh!tbirds like this guy...if you get hit, the guy doesn't have a license,or insurance, or they find some way to squirm out of the consequences. aghhh that ****es me off. i am so sorry to hear about your baby. ask my wife, someone hit my blazer once and i...well lets just say i spent some time with mr blue suit. i don't take very kindly to ignorance, but my spanish temper doesn't help either...anyone got the hookup on anger managment classes??? lol i wish you the best of luck on this. too bad you cant take his mini me bike and sell it for the damages or something! just an idea
Old 06-27-2002 | 04:53 AM

That just hurts...glad you got him to stick around till the cops came. Good job on keeping your head and doing the right thing instead of blindly retaliating.

It just appalls me how people don't care about others' property these days. Someone door dinged my beautiful Max two days ago and just drove off. I always laugh at people who park across two spots, but I'm seriously considering it now...
Old 06-27-2002 | 05:40 AM

Originally posted by 2K2SE
That just hurts...glad you got him to stick around till the cops came. Good job on keeping your head and doing the right thing instead of blindly retaliating.

It just appalls me how people don't care about others' property these days. Someone door dinged my beautiful Max two days ago and just drove off. I always laugh at people who park across two spots, but I'm seriously considering it now...
Gotta watch that though. Ive seen people park right nex to those who take up two spots and either block them in or try to damage their cars.
Old 06-27-2002 | 05:42 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

Originally posted by remykins

Gotta watch that though. Ive seen people park right nex to those who take up two spots and either block them in or try to damage their cars.
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!
Old 06-27-2002 | 05:47 AM

Originally posted by IWNTMORHP!!

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!
That would make things way too easy
Old 06-27-2002 | 06:29 AM

Originally posted by remykins

Yeah, I used to park next to them when I had a used car (not block them in or anything). I was halfway kidding about doing that. I DO park out in the boonies if possible.
Old 06-27-2002 | 09:09 AM

Originally posted by asu174

Doh! I learned my lesson the hard way on the $500 deductible. I'm down to $250....and I was VERY tempted to get the $100 one.
I think i'm gonna go to the $250 deductible when I renew.....the cost of the estimate from Nissan to fix the damage..........

$724.30

I think I will just hit it with the touch up paint and lots of wax and loving care and find someone to pull out the dent cause that is dang ridiculous!!!
Old 06-27-2002 | 10:13 AM

$725? That seems high, although I can't see the damage personally.

That sucks. I'm sorry. I'd sue that guy though... That is total BS.
Old 06-27-2002 | 10:20 AM
jjs

I can see the cost...

front bumper cover needs replacing (since the material is cracked, most places will not try to fix a bumper...different if it is only scratched or 'dented'), headlight needs fixed, and I am not sure by what is meant...

"my front bumper light is cracked, my front bumper is cracked I have two deep as gouges on the left front bumper which go down to bare metal, my headlight is cracked "

about the bare metal part? Part of the fender maybe?

I eventually need to get my front bumper replaced but am looking at estimates of $650.00 give or take just for that (granted, part is the removal and reinstallation fo the AE lip).
Old 06-27-2002 | 10:28 AM

Re: I can see the cost...

Originally posted by jjs
[B]front bumper cover needs replacing (since the material is cracked, most places will not try to fix a bumper...different if it is only scratched or 'dented'), headlight needs fixed, and I am not sure by what is meant...
i agree on the bumper and the headlight has deep scratches in it....strictly cosmetic but it's the principle of the thing

"my front bumper light is cracked, my front bumper is cracked I have two deep as gouges on the left front bumper which go down to bare metal"

about the bare metal part? Part of the fender maybe?
yes the scratches are on the top of the fender in the area closest to the hood...I think the fender is "bent in" because the hood gap that was repaired in the hood shudder TSB is now back

Nissan gave me an estimate that includes the removal of the dent "outside contracting to the dent wizard" $70
replacement bumper, labor and paint $600

oh hum...i'm gonna go somewhere and whine now...i'll spare ya'll so you don't have to listen to it
woe is me
Old 06-27-2002 | 11:18 AM
jjs

My only consolation to you...

is that you are certainly not alone!!
Old 06-27-2002 | 02:23 PM

Re: Re: I can see the cost...

replacement bumper, labor and paint $600

get a body kit with bumper