5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Dealers can't warranty Service Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 05:50 AM

Nissan Dealers can't warranty Service Infinity

I was at the dealership yesterday getting an oil change. I was talking to the service guy and he mentioned that although the Nissan service people can work on infinity cars, They can't do warranty service.

I was thinking to myself that that says a lot about how Nissan trusts its service workers to work on its luxury line which is Infinity. It would also explain why Nissan service is so bad an Infinity service is so good. I guess the reason Nissan doesn't allow warranty work by Nissan Service Department is because they even know how bad the service is. They're not gonna trust them screwing up their luxury line of cars. What's even worse is that the Maxima and the I35 use many of the same parts.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:47 AM

Re: Nissan Dealers can't warranty Service Infinity

Originally posted by 2Maxed-out4u
I was at the dealership yesterday getting an oil change. I was talking to the service guy and he mentioned that although the Nissan service people can work on infinity cars, They can't do warranty service.

I was thinking to myself that that says a lot about how Nissan trusts its service workers to work on its luxury line which is Infinity. It would also explain why Nissan service is so bad an Infinity service is so good. I guess the reason Nissan doesn't allow warranty work by Nissan Service Department is because they even know how bad the service is. They're not gonna trust them screwing up their luxury line of cars. What's even worse is that the Maxima and the I35 use many of the same parts.
more likely the Infiniti dealerships want to retain control of their marketshare. As you say there is a lot of overlap between many of the cars. Infiniti potentially could lose customers if the customers saw they could get the "same" car for less. Does anyone know if Acura will let Honda dealers do warranty work?
Old 07-10-2002, 07:48 AM
lcf

heh, thats really not the reason. it's because nissan and infiniti are actually "different" companies in the states. you know what i mean? and btw, my sister was reimbursed by her dealership when her 2k2 g20's battery died for no reason. she got the new one at a nissan dealership. there were no infinity dealerships for miles.

(it was a nissan battery to begin with!)