6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Rwd

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 07:24 PM
Soul Fly

Rwd

RWD will be offered on the V8 option. there's gonna be a v6 and v8 option. kinda like the 4 cyl and v6 altima. the tourque converter can't withstand FWD on a v8 pushing 260 horse. holla

[IMG]C:\My Documents\Aba\monkeydj.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-21-2002, 08:56 PM

??

Where do you get your information?? V8 option? RWD? Sorry charlie. Do any of you do actual research on the Fresh Alloy, Maxima.org or Nissan websites? The NEW 04 max is Altima based. This means it has the Altima FWD platform (which equals transverse mounted engine). Does anyone know of a "transverse mounted" rwd car? However, the platform is desiged to support an AWD system. The 04 max will be FWD foremost and possible AWD in future. Is this clear?
Old 12-21-2002, 09:07 PM

Re: ??

Originally posted by JettmiesterMax
Where do you get your information?? V8 option? RWD? Sorry charlie. Do any of you do actual research on the Fresh Alloy, Maxima.org or Nissan websites? The NEW 04 max is Altima based. This means it has the Altima FWD platform (which equals transverse mounted engine). Does anyone know of a "transverse mounted" rwd car? However, the platform is desiged to support an AWD system. The 04 max will be FWD foremost and possible AWD in future. Is this clear?
Yes, your are very correct. I posted something very similar in the thread "V8 Maxima".
Old 12-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Soul Fly

tell me thats not what the nissan dealership told me...

Old 12-22-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Soul Fly
tell me thats not what the nissan dealership told me...
Nissan dealerships / salesmen are generally idiots. Not disputing that is what they told you.

Let me tell you without any doubt the '04 Maxima is a FWD platform (any vehicle based off of the Altima would be) which means it CANNOT be used in a RWD fashion. AWD is possable and actually likely at some point on this 6th Gen Maxima.

V8? Unlikely. Nissan has never had a transversly mounted V8 and I haven't heard or read anywhere they have even had one in the works. ANY engine that goes into this platform will have to be transversly mounted.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:59 PM
Soul Fly

you're probably right...this guy sounded like he knew his shizzle. we'll see tho

Old 12-23-2002, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by warrlocked
V8? Unlikely. Nissan has never had a transversly mounted V8 and I haven't heard or read anywhere they have even had one in the works. ANY engine that goes into this platform will have to be transversly mounted.
True 'dat! Additionally, the V8 might not even fit. Even if it could be mounted transversely, it is still longer than the VQ by one cylinder. The weight of the V8 is another issue. With awd, a V8 Max would be just another Passat W8 4Motion. The Passat with 4Motion and the W8 engine makes 270hp, but is extremely nose-heavy. It understeers like crazy. If the Max behaved the same way, you guys'd be screaming bloody murder and you know it.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:38 PM

Re: ??

Originally posted by JettmiesterMax
If you look very closely to a pick of the 6-gen Max you'll notice that the rear break calipers are mounted on the front of the rear rotors. This indicates that it will be either RWD or AWD.

Also....the new Max is not based on the Altima. The entire vehicle is based on the Infiniti Q45...all the way down to the rumored voice recog. system and adjustable aspect gauges.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:50 PM

Re: Re: ??

Originally posted by ebmorgan

If you look very closely to a pick of the 6-gen Max you'll notice that the rear break calipers are mounted on the front of the rear rotors. This indicates that it will be either RWD or AWD.

Also....the new Max is not based on the Altima. The entire vehicle is based on the Infiniti Q45...all the way down to the rumored voice recog. system and adjustable aspect gauges.
I would expect to see the voice recognition system since the Accord now has it.

Based off of the Infiniti Q45 platform? We have known for MONTHS the '04 6th Gen Max will be based off the Altima platform.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:50 PM

Re: Re: ??

Originally posted by ebmorgan

Could you be any more misinformed? As warlocked said. we have known for months that the 6th gen would be based off of the altima.

And dude, it's not going to be rear wheel drive.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Soul Fly

re re re re re

Old 01-06-2003, 01:29 AM
Ludicrous Speed

you're probably right...this guy sounded like he knew his shizzle. we'll see tho
Go back and bet him

a 2004 Maxima for way below sticker price if he's wrong..

If he's right then you'll buy a RWD V8 2004 Maxima from him at above retail

shake on it and have witnesses... possibly a signed and notarized document.. lol

See if he sings the same tune after you propose that bet
Old 01-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Soul Fly

you'd think that ALL car designers would have learned their lesson in the 80s and EARLY 90s....but nope, have yall seen the 04 mustang/F-150? ACK!

Old 01-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Very sound, Mike

Funny thing is, Motorweek said the same thing about the new 2004 Maxima (e.g. that it's going to be RWD).

But i still tend to believe it's going to be FWD. However, since it's the same platform as the Altima and the Murano, what prevents it from being so?

I'm not an expert at this but if a car can be AWD and/or FWD then why can't it be RWD?
Old 01-26-2003, 08:41 PM

you'd think that ALL car designers would have learned their lesson in the 80s and EARLY 90s....but nope, have yall seen the 04 mustang/F-150? ACK!
Why did you bump this useless thread?
Old 01-26-2003, 11:28 PM

WTF!!!

V8?? RWD?? Q45 Platform?? Somebody has been talking to some retarded Nissan sales people.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:05 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

OK this is done.