6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Nissan Announces 2004 Maxima Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Nissan Announces 2004 Maxima Pricing

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/new...34171146.shtml

GARDENA, Calif. (March 4, 2003) – Nissan North America, Inc. today announced pricing on its stylish Maxima flagship sedan, which goes on sale March 5, 2003 at more than 1,000 Nissan dealers nationwide. The new Maxima features a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $26,950 for the sporty 3.5 SE equipped with either a 5-speed automatic transmission or available 6-speed manual transmission, while the luxurious 3.5 SL features an MSRP of $28,900.

=========

Just for comparison...

2003 Maxima SE automagic/sunroof: $26,548 MSRP
2004 Maxima SE auto/sunroof standard: $26,950 MSRP

So there is hardly any price increase at all. After the initial hype is over, you should be able to get them nicely equipped for well under $30k, just like the Gen5's and previous Maxima's.

Pricing Sheet (Word Doc, Right Click, Save As)

A very nicely loaded 2004 MSRP's at $30,500 (Bose, Leather, Preferred), minus the Nav and the Elite package. Those two options alone are where all the price "inflation" comes from, adding $2000-3000. A topped out 04 SE with everything will run $33,350 MSRP, which is a good bit lower than projected.

Maybe Nissan saw all of the b1tching here and went lower on the pricing
Old 03-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Nissan Announces 2004 Maxima Pricing

Originally posted by SteVTEC
Maybe Nissan saw all of the b1tching here and went lower on the pricing

No, the marketing geniuses saw the parity between the Max and the G35 and didn't have a choice.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:47 AM

Based on the pricing sheet, am I to understand that the Journey Package (DVD Navi) is not available with a 6 speed tranny? Does that mean the Elite Package (DVD Navi and 2+2 seating) is also unavailable with a 6 speed? Or, does it mean that you have to have the Elite package to get the Navi with a 6 speed? Did I confuse you as much as they confused me?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:10 AM

Base 5th gen w/sunroof and base 6th gen cost about the same, if not less. In that case, the 6th gen is more appealing than I thought. However, Nissan is making the same mistake by not giving the new car more power. Reminds the situation of when 5th gen just came out, the body is nice, but the car is slower. It is very much like for Nissan to "surprise" everyone by boosting the powertrain of the car once it is two years in production. So, for 2006 model year, the 6th gen can get more ponies. A used 2006-2007 Max may be a good value, if I dont bored with my car sooner.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
However, Nissan is making the same mistake by not giving the new car more power. Reminds the situation of when 5th gen just came out, the body is nice, but the car is slower.
That's not exactly correct. When the 5th gen came out they did boost hp and tq.

The car stayed about the same for 1/4mile performance because of a weight increase.

In my experience, a stock 2k/2k1 is faster than a stock 99 at higher speeds because of the variable intake.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:55 AM

Yup, it looks like Journey/Elite are only available with the A/T from the pricing sheet. Good catch...I didn't notice that.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:58 AM

Re: Re: Nissan Announces 2004 Maxima Pricing

Originally posted by bill99gxe
No, the marketing geniuses saw the parity between the Max and the G35 and didn't have a choice.
Either way, to Nissan.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:05 PM

Great pricing indeed . I was totally expecting a souped up max to run in the upper 30K when I saw it at the auto show.

However...that package deal is LAME!!!! Thats insane that if I want a manual transmission, then I cannot get the dvd nav system NOR the 2+2 seating.

That just ruined any chances of me getting a new max (as if I had the $$$)
Old 03-05-2003, 01:09 PM
boo
Donating Maxima.org Member

Keep in mind the Maxima name brand just jumped ~$2050. You can
no longer get an entry level GXE (msrp $24,899 w/o destination).
Nissan said they are trying to get the $22-26k buyers
into the Altima slot. With the 2004 starting at
$27,490(w/destination) they may hit that mark.

Also

2003 Maxima SE automagic/sunroof: $27,088 MSRP
that price is with $540 destination and with a
power sliding sunroof

Price is without $540 destination and you get a
a fixed skyroof. No rear spoiler, No xenon headlights!

The big "But" is the 2004 is new from the ground up and
has extra features standard that don't come on the 2003. This
makes it well worth the extra cost over the 2003 if your budget
is in that realm. Nissan has moved the Maxima into a level with
the Acura TL, Toyota Avalon and others.

If I had 32-34k I would go with a very well equipped G35!!
But, that's just me
Old 03-05-2003, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by Max_Gator
That's not exactly correct. When the 5th gen came out they did boost hp and tq. The car stayed about the same for 1/4mile performance because of a weight increase. In my experience, a stock 2k/2k1 is faster than a stock 99 at higher speeds because of the variable intake.

The 5th gen is a mere remodeling of a 4th gen. The 6th gen looks like a brand new car from the ground up. The 2k/2k1 power was increased, but to each his own, I would rather get more TQ at lower RPMs because I don't like to revv the engine high.

Why are you guys so much in love with G35? It is nothing more than a souped up Altima..well, except RWD. When loaded, it runs up to $40 grand, and the car has a small interior. I would rather consider an after-lease Q45, the true luxury combined with a V8.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:05 PM

Design your own

Originally posted by sagaynor
Based on the pricing sheet, am I to understand that the Journey Package (DVD Navi) is not available with a 6 speed tranny? Does that mean the Elite Package (DVD Navi and 2+2 seating) is also unavailable with a 6 speed? Or, does it mean that you have to have the Elite package to get the Navi with a 6 speed? Did I confuse you as much as they confused me?
If you go to the Nissan website www.nissan-usa.com, you can build your own... According to the website, you can configure a 6-speed w/Elite package.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:39 PM

This thing can get pretty expensive when you start adding things to it and once again Nissan is making these different packages very difficult. Its really hard to say if the Base SE is as a good of a deal as a base 03 SE although it may have a few items that an 03 doesnt have standard some items are no longer standard.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by boo
2003 Maxima SE automagic/sunroof: $27,088 MSRP
that price is with $540 destination and with a
power sliding sunroof

Price is without $540 destination and you get a
a fixed skyroof. No rear spoiler, No xenon headlights!
whoops!

Thanks for the correction on that. I was posting this up quick before a looooooooong meeting and forgot to subtract out destination on the 2003. I corrected it above.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah.....huh? Suped up Altima? You talk like swapping FWD and RWD is like turning two switches in the Altima manufacturing plant. In case you haven't noticed RWD is a BIG leap for Nissan corporate to commit to. We are lucky that Nissan wanted to bring back the Z. Because without it's platform, the RWD G-series might have never seen the light(ie.. finanical justification for manufacture). But Nissan was VERY smart to design the Z and then use it's excellent plaform for the basis for Infiniti's BMW 330I beating G series.

Pricing: I would never pay $40 grand for an G series. For kicks, I looked up G35s on Autotrader used and there are plenty on the market for the $30k range. Not bad for a car that beat the 330I.

Q45s are nice. Not doubt about that. But they are just a different class. More luxury oriented(but sport oriented for it's class). They are VERY heavy and don't handle as well as the smaller G35. Used 2002+ Q45s are still tipping $40 grand.

If you REALLY wanted to have another Infiniti alternative that would come as close as you could to comparing to the G-series, one would have to look at a M45. Smaller than the Q but still has the badarse V8. Used examples of these are still at the $40k range. But they haven't had time to depreciate. I'm betting due to the odd looks, it will depreciate REALLY fast. In two years, I bet you could get one for mid-$20k??

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R

Why are you guys so much in love with G35? It is nothing more than a souped up Altima..well, except RWD. When loaded, it runs up to $40 grand, and the car has a small interior. I would rather consider an after-lease Q45, the true luxury combined with a V8.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Ah.....huh? Suped up Altima? You talk like swapping FWD and RWD is like turning two switches in the Altima manufacturing plant. In case you haven't noticed RWD is a BIG leap for Nissan corporate to commit to. We are lucky that Nissan wanted to bring back the Z. Because without it's platform, the RWD G-series might have never seen the light(ie.. finanical justification for manufacture). But Nissan was VERY smart to design the Z and then use it's excellent plaform for the basis for Infiniti's BMW 330I beating G series.

Pricing: I would never pay $40 grand for an G series. For kicks, I looked up G35s on Autotrader used and there are plenty on the market for the $30k range. Not bad for a car that beat the 330I.

Q45s are nice. Not doubt about that. But they are just a different class. More luxury oriented(but sport oriented for it's class). They are VERY heavy and don't handle as well as the smaller G35. Used 2002+ Q45s are still tipping $40 grand.

If you REALLY wanted to have another Infiniti alternative that would come as close as you could to comparing to the G-series, one would have to look at a M45. Smaller than the Q but still has the badarse V8. Used examples of these are still at the $40k range. But they haven't had time to depreciate. I'm betting due to the odd looks, it will depreciate REALLY fast. In two years, I bet you could get one for mid-$20k??

Heck even now for a 1 year old car that can cost up to 62,000 or so 40k or so is a lot depreciation,look at these guys complaining about it(Canadian dollars but conversion to US shows similiar numbers).
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 03-05-2003, 05:02 PM
boo
Donating Maxima.org Member

whoops!

Thanks for the correction on that. I was posting this up quick before a looooooooong meeting and forgot to subtract out destination on the 2003. I corrected it above.
Hey no prob, I know what it's like to be in a hurry and try
to submit a message!!

Funny, now that I went to the Nissan site and created my
own car the price doesn't seem too bad. If you throw in
AWD and keep the same price then this would be a great
deal!!! I think AWD and a missing front tooth would put
me in this car.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:15 AM

Actually, you CAN get Elite/NAV on the 6spd.

The pricing Word doc says A/T only, but on the actual HTML page...

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/200.../pricing.shtml

...it does not say that. You can also configure it that way on Nissan's other site, and the fully loaded 6spd with NAV and Elite is what all the mags were testing (duh! ) so yeah you can get it that way
Old 03-06-2003, 10:59 AM

Actually, you CAN get Elite/NAV on the 6spd.

The pricing Word doc says A/T only, but on the actual HTML page...

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/200.../pricing.shtml

...it does not say that. You can also configure it that way on Nissan's other site, and the fully loaded 6spd with NAV and Elite is what all the mags were testing (duh! ) so yeah you can get it that way
The only strange thing is that based on the website- you can't get HLSD w/ 6M and with the Elite package?!? WTF... or am I wrong?
Old 03-06-2003, 11:06 AM
I'm needing a caw

I read that. There were descrepancies in the way that guy was valuing the cars. Plus most new cars take a fairly big hit during the first few years.

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Heck even now for a 1 year old car that can cost up to 62,000 or so 40k or so is a lot depreciation,look at these guys complaining about it(Canadian dollars but conversion to US shows similiar numbers).
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 03-06-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by 2K2MAXSE-RIOUS
The only strange thing is that based on the website- you can't get HLSD w/ 6M and with the Elite package?!? WTF... or am I wrong?
Apparently according to the config engine...

a) You can get the 6M/T at Base, Audio, Sensory, Preferred, and Elite option levels
b) You CANNOT get the 6M/T at the Journey option level (5A/T only)
c) HLSD 6M/T can only be had at Preferred or Elite option levels.

So you can get a 6M/T with NAV, but you must also opt for the Elite package.

Nissan option packages are always confusing. And now I just tried to configure it with Elite 6M/T but I had to dump the HLSD. WTF
Old 03-06-2003, 03:40 PM

What else gets me is that the spoiler is now optional on the SE and that has been standard on the SE. Since the SE first appeared in 85.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:27 PM

not bad, but still not apppealing enough for me