6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

DROVE A 2004 BLACK/BLACK SE Auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Lifetime Maxer

DROVE A 2004 BLACK/BLACK SE Auto

Hey All- Drove an '04 Black/Black Loaded SE on Friday. I have to agree that pictures don't do this car justice. The ONLY complaint I have with the car is the grille. And, even that isn't SO BAD against the Black exterior. The grille wasn't silver, it's got kind of a charcoal tint to it. The exterior of the car is actually very cool in person - very sleek, kind of lexus look to it. The rear end is huge, but that helps with trunk space and the overall shape of the car. (The Altima is the same way) The standard 18 inch wheels are gorgeous too.

Anyway, this car is an improvement to the previous generation in every way. I don't need to get into the engine - we all know that's a SWEET, powerful gem. The 5 speed auto shifted quickly and smoothly, and the sport shift was a blast. The car feels a little faster than on '02/'03, but it could just be the new design. It's definitely quieter inside, and the interior is SICK. The new interior is very high quality and blows the Altima's away. The new dash is GREAT, with the screen in the middle that shows everything from radio controls to the dual zone climate control. I also like the digital display under the speedo that shows what gear the auto is in. (That makes the sport shift a little easier, because you can always see what gear it's locked into). The black leather seats we firm and very comfortable. Well, bottom line is 30K for the one I drove. (Everything except Navigation I think in that one.) If I had the cash to spend, I would have bought it right there. Maybe in a year or two I'll get a gently used one.

-Chad
Old 03-17-2003, 08:19 AM

Re: DROVE A 2004 BLACK/BLACK SE Auto

Originally posted by maximachad
Hey All- Drove an '04 Black/Black Loaded SE on Friday. I have to agree that pictures don't do this car justice. The ONLY complaint I have with the car is the grille. And, even that isn't SO BAD against the Black exterior. The grille wasn't silver, it's got kind of a charcoal tint to it. The exterior of the car is actually very cool in person - very sleek, kind of lexus look to it. The rear end is huge, but that helps with trunk space and the overall shape of the car. (The Altima is the same way) The standard 18 inch wheels are gorgeous too.

Anyway, this car is an improvement to the previous generation in every way. I don't need to get into the engine - we all know that's a SWEET, powerful gem. The 5 speed auto shifted quickly and smoothly, and the sport shift was a blast. The car feels a little faster than on '02/'03, but it could just be the new design. It's definitely quieter inside, and the interior is SICK. The new interior is very high quality and blows the Altima's away. The new dash is GREAT, with the screen in the middle that shows everything from radio controls to the dual zone climate control. I also like the digital display under the speedo that shows what gear the auto is in. (That makes the sport shift a little easier, because you can always see what gear it's locked into). The black leather seats we firm and very comfortable. Well, bottom line is 30K for the one I drove. (Everything except Navigation I think in that one.) If I had the cash to spend, I would have bought it right there. Maybe in a year or two I'll get a gently used one.

-Chad

I just picked mine up on Saturday. A black SE every options, 35K. Its awesome. Best car i ahve ever owned.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Congrats, I think you are the first 6th gen owner on this board.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:09 PM

I just picked mine up on Saturday. A black SE every options, 35K. Its awesome. Best car i ahve ever owned.
no offense man, but you haven't even had the car for a week! how can it be the best car u ever owned? Most likely it will be the best car u ever owned, but lets not jump the gun on this one. Anyways...just thought your comment sounded a little funny.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by TheodoreSlimm

no offense man, but you haven't even had the car for a week! how can it be the best car u ever owned? Most likely it will be the best car u ever owned, but lets not jump the gun on this one. Anyways...just thought your comment sounded a little funny.
Duley noted.

Of course Im excited, its a brand new car and feels different then anything Ive ever owned. Its definitely the most luxurious with more options than any of my previous cars. And it hasn't even been a week, today is my 3rd day. I do like it a lot better then my 01 maxima and I thought the 01 maxima was one of the best cars I’ve owned previous to this one. I know the Maximas get a lot of criticism, but I loved my 01 and I am sure I will get several years of enjoyment form my 04
Old 03-17-2003, 05:42 PM

I do love the maximas, my 97 has 90k miles on it and it still drives great! My SE-L Altima is a very well built car too. I was thinking about getting a six genner, but the G35 was one of the coolest cars Ive ever test drove..so....Anyways,Good Luck with your Max!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by TheodoreSlimm

good grief give the guy a break, i think he knows how much he likes HIS CAR
Old 03-17-2003, 08:41 PM

Congratulations 2004BlackMax. Please post pics so I can live vicariously thru you!
Old 03-18-2003, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by jkratzer
Congratulations 2004BlackMax. Please post pics so I can live vicariously thru you!

I will post pics later todya or tommorow