6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

In need of feedback...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 08:49 PM

In need of feedback...

This is my first post and well it shouldnt be my last, i got reffered to this site from a member over at www.dodgeintrepid.net thats who im currently with now. Im getting rid of my intrepid and in the market for a new car. I saw the new maxima in a parking lot and it really caught my eye, i did the research on it and was impressed. I was addicted then and when i got to test drive one i simply fell in love with, such a great ride. All thats left is getting the monetary funds to pay for it. I personally was hooked after the test drive, but i wanted to get some other opinons on the car too, so if you have any feedback it would be appreciatable. Is there going to be a large aftermarket products selection for this car?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:42 AM

It's too soon to really tell if the aftermarket would be interested in the 6th gen Maxima. I'm sure you have seen the treads on aftermarket grills and the G35 spoiler so there are some mods out already. I'm sure there will be more of an aftermarket though for the Maxima more so than for an Intrepid though. If money is an issue have you considered a 2003 Maxima you can get one real cheap right about now...
Old 05-23-2003, 07:35 AM

Yeah my brother in law has one, i like it but i dont fit in it too well, my leg hits the e brake or something when i drove his. As soon as my summer class is over ill be working so more money will come from that a long with my father helping me pay it off for now. I figured the market would be greater for this then the intrepid, and thank god for that cuz i couldnt stand having to fork out a lot of money for custom jobs.

I'm sure there are a few if not a lot of you that do own this car, have you encountered any problems? or have any dislikes or likes.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:55 AM

I have had 2 issues, and I am about to turn 3000K miles.

1) The cover for the fuse panel (located above the drivers left shin) falls off all the time. This is easily remedied with some velcro.

2) The gas gauge doesn't always work (it has happened 4 or 5 times, never for more than a few hours), but the computer does. The fuel economy setting on the computer shows the right miles to empty so this has to be a gauge issue, not a tank problem. This will be solved when I bring it in for service in a week or two.

Other than that, I love it.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:15 AM

I had similar problems with the panel in the intrepid falling off. Gas guage eh? well as long as the computer does. Oh and by the way i love you car, i think i just got a change of heart for the color, whats your interior color? its a nice combo.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:03 PM

Grey

It is very nice, especially here in AZ with the extreme heat that we have. Luckily I have covered parking at work. The A/C really pumps out cold air, it is nice!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:05 PM

Re: In need of feedback...

Originally posted by Mystery_Man
This is my first post and well it shouldnt be my last, i got reffered to this site from a member over at www.dodgeintrepid.net thats who im currently with now. Im getting rid of my intrepid and in the market for a new car. I saw the new maxima in a parking lot and it really caught my eye, i did the research on it and was impressed. I was addicted then and when i got to test drive one i simply fell in love with, such a great ride. All thats left is getting the monetary funds to pay for it. I personally was hooked after the test drive, but i wanted to get some other opinons on the car too, so if you have any feedback it would be appreciatable. Is there going to be a large aftermarket products selection for this car?

This is just my opinion, but personally I think that the Infiniti G35 is a better choice. For about the same cost as the Max you get rear-wheel drive and much better styling. The Max looks too much like the Altima for my tastes. Not to mention that the warranty and service on the Infiniti is better. Since the G35 has been out for a little bit of time now there should also be less "bugs" in it (strictly my opinion). Don't get me wrong... I have always been a Maxima fan. But the new one has been a disappointment to me. The interior is tight. But the exterior is hideous. As a result I'm currently looking at the G35 and the '02 Q45.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by Mystery_Man
I'm sure there are a few if not a lot of you that do own this car, have you encountered any problems? or have any dislikes or likes.
I've got an annoying package-tray buzz with bassier music. No problems with my fuse cover...yet. I'm waiting a little bit longer(to see if any other problems develop) before I take it back to the dealer.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:15 AM

Re: Re: In need of feedback...

Originally posted by 95gxe

I have always been a Maxima fan. But the new one has been a disappointment to me. The interior is tight. But the exterior is hideous. As a result I'm currently looking at the G35 and the '02 Q45.
I have the oposite feeling about the G35, the interior was designed by morons and the exterior is sweeeeeeet!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:52 AM

Originally posted by gmc74
I have had 2 issues, and I am about to turn 3000K miles.

1) The cover for the fuse panel (located above the drivers left shin) falls off all the time. This is easily remedied with some velcro.

2) The gas gauge doesn't always work (it has happened 4 or 5 times, never for more than a few hours), but the computer does. The fuel economy setting on the computer shows the right miles to empty so this has to be a gauge issue, not a tank problem. This will be solved when I bring it in for service in a week or two.

Other than that, I love it.
As for the gas guage, you should have taken it back to the dealer the moment it happened as you will have a long wait for a replacement. It's been six weeks and the guages for mine haven't come in yet. They told me yesterday that they expect it in the next two weeks.
I hit 3000K on Monday after owning mine for 9 1/2 weeks. The gas guage was my only problem.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:11 AM

Originally posted by LDLDL

As for the gas guage, you should have taken it back to the dealer the moment it happened as you will have a long wait for a replacement. It's been six weeks and the guages for mine haven't come in yet. They told me yesterday that they expect it in the next two weeks.
I hit 3000K on Monday after owning mine for 9 1/2 weeks. The gas guage was my only problem.
I am in no hurry. It isn't an issue that really effects me, it only acts up sometimes and the DTE still works. I will be bringing it in for service next week so I will deal with it then.