6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Just decided to go with an 04

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 04:59 PM

Just decided to go with an 04

Cant believe this! After looking at 2002 and 03s I saw a photoshopped pic of an 04 dropped with the infiniti grille and I almost fell to the floor. Just decided im getting an 04 in red, from what i see in the brochure its a beautiful color, with black leather, hlsd, and other lil goodies. have i made the right choice guys? Im sooooo ready for this car.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:06 PM

I guess nobody cares..
Old 07-06-2003, 06:31 PM

Re: Just decided to go with an 04

Originally posted by Glude
Cant believe this! After looking at 2002 and 03s I saw a photoshopped pic of an 04 dropped with the infiniti grille and I almost fell to the floor. Just decided im getting an 04 in red, from what i see in the brochure its a beautiful color, with black leather, hlsd, and other lil goodies. have i made the right choice guys? Im sooooo ready for this car.
I can't say whether *you've* made the right choice - everything is subjective. You'll find folks here who would rather have a G35, and those who love the Max - it's all a matter of what works for you. I've had my 04 SE for a week now and I'm *very* happy with it so far. Keep reading thru these posts and be on the lookout for some of the issues that have been discussed (wheel shimmy, stuck fuel gauge, misaligned tailpipes, etc.) So far I haven't had any of those (knock on wood). The red is a nice color, and the HLSD helps keep the torque steer in check.

Did you get a good deal on it? When is it due in?
Old 07-06-2003, 06:35 PM

Well actually havent ordered it yet. built one online and total was 31,500 but my mother works at a bank and she said she can talk to the owner at the dealership and see if we can get a deal. probably end up being around 28 or 29 thousand. anyways im hoping they can get my car in soon. Im so excited!!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:49 PM

Well actually havent ordered it yet. built one online and total was 31,500 but my mother works at a bank and she said she can talk to the owner at the dealership and see if we can get a deal. probably end up being around 28 or 29 thousand. anyways im hoping they can get my car in soon. Im so excited!!
Sounds like a plan. What you'll pay will depend alot on your location. Some folks are getting very close to invoice, while others are paying slightly more - it depends on the supply/demand in your area.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:26 PM

congrats

I have a 2004, red. You'll not regret. Rubberneckers will die for a look at your car
Old 07-06-2003, 07:31 PM

yeah the red from the pics kinda looks like maroon and kinda like candy apple red. its a wonderful looking color from what i can tell.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

'04, too.

I also have pretty much decided to go with an '04, specifically:

RED SE with Auto, Journey, VDC, sunroof, splashguards, and mats.

The lease on my '02 Seville STS is up in early October and I'm planning to do a special order, although the local dealer seems a little reluctant to do so.

I'm going to call tomorrow and hear what he has to say about ordering. I don't plan to wait until October and hope the exact vehicle I'm looking for will be on his lot or in the "zone" for a dealer trade.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Just decided to go with an 04

Just decided im getting an 04 in red, from what i see in the brochure its a beautiful color, with black leather, hlsd, and other lil goodies.
Since you're getting HLSD, I guess that means you're getting the 6-speed manual. It's a blast to drive. The Max has amazing acceleration for a car its size. Noticing that you're a young guy, just be careful. It's fast enough to get you in a lot of trouble. If I had had this car when I was your age, I might not have made it to my age.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:22 AM

Re: Re: Just decided to go with an 04

Originally posted by alpine205

Noticing that you're a young guy, just be careful. It's fast enough to get you in a lot of trouble. If I had had this car when I was your age, I might not have made it to my age.
No Joke... if I had this car when I was younger the least that would have happened would have been dozens of extra tickets.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Just decided to go with an 04

Originally posted by alpine205

Noticing that you're a young guy, just be careful. It's fast enough to get you in a lot of trouble. If I had had this car when I was your age, I might not have made it to my age.
No Joke... if I had this car when I was younger the least that would have happened would have been dozens of extra tickets.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:54 PM

Re: congrats

Originally posted by mikmax1
I have a 2004, red. You'll not regret. Rubberneckers will die for a look at your car
CAN U POST A PIC OF YOUR RED maxima.. my father was gonna get the red one but it was takeing way to long, so he went with black on black...
Old 07-07-2003, 04:15 PM

Well my lude was actually a low 14 second car so the maxima wont be a big change. anyways the dealer checked around tx and there are 2 with everything i want. the only thing is neither of those 2 have hlsd. Should i go ahead and get it anyways. i really want the hlsd because torque steer can be a b!tch but oh well. tell me what yall think.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:19 PM

dont where such heavy shoes.......torque steer doesnt seem to be a big problem for me though....and i gun it every now and then.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:02 PM

look around and see if you can find a pic of the 04 in red with the mesh rims - looks crazy! - i love it, as in choice..... you made a great choice IMO - you get lots of space, a great interior and cool looking roof (afro as many people like to call it).....g35 is nice too, but it is a bit smaller
Old 07-07-2003, 05:40 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys! You have all been much helpful. Anyways we are placing the order tommorrow hoping the the dealer who has it will do a dealer trade and if so i should be the proud new owner of an 04 maxima in a few days. anyways a lil off topic from my post but does anyone know any release dates on any suspension parts on the 04s yet? thanks again everyone!! later
Old 07-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i really want the hlsd because torque steer can be a b!tch but oh well. tell me what yall think.
It's a tough call. HLSD is an inexpensive option but are you willing to order the car and wait for it? It might be nice to have in ice and snow or at the track but 99% of the time, you won't miss it. I wanted HLSD but I couldn't get it with the nav system and I don't miss it.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:29 PM

I've seen several of the red Max's on the road. Pictures (as usual) don't show the vibrance of the color too well. It is one sharp car and the color looks great. You will be happy. congrats!!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:57 PM

glude - I have been trying to respond to you post, but, as usual, cannot seem to stay 'logged on' on this site, even if I 'relog on' every ten minutes. I have had three comprehensive replies to this thread alone 'lost' by the ugly 'not logged on' message, even after logging on every few minutes. I'm on the net many hours every day, and never have this problem anywhere but this site.

So I'll make this brief. I have seen around two dozen red '04 Maximas (mostly on dealer's lots). I won't buy red (or any other dark color), or have black (or any other dark color) upholstery because I live in a very hot climate.

Having said that, the red on the '04 is probably the best red I have ever seen. Not a cheap looking fire engine tone, or a stale maroon. This red has depth, exudes class, and has a 'presence' that would look good anywhere.

I think you will be very happy with this red.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by lightonthehill
I think you will be very happy with this red.
Yeah, red is sweet on the Max. My two color choices were the red and the blue, the blue was available so I took it.

I parked next to a brand new (still had temp plates) silver 04 this morning at circle K when I was getting my coffee.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:57 PM

Red ,Max

Sorry...did not realize this was asked of me.
Here is my Max.
u may have to register to see.
http://groups.msn.com/Maximapic/shoebox.msnw
Old 07-08-2003, 05:03 PM

Re: Red ,Max

Originally posted by mikmax1
Sorry...did not realize this was asked of me.
Here is my Max.
u may have to register to see.
http://groups.msn.com/Maximapic/shoebox.msnw
red is nice as hell on the max.... i wish my father waited one more month.. he was waiting for like three months for the red, than they called him to atleast look at a black one with the elite pachage, he gave in and couldnt wait anylonger, he got black on black,, but red is niceeeeeee beautiful car bro
Old 07-08-2003, 09:33 PM

Well guys i bought the car today!! I love it! Im the only thing now is i want it lower but i have that nice warranty and dont wanna void that. Well anyways i went from a swapped lude to a v6 max and i have no regrets. this car is better in every way! Only complaint is the front has a nasty wheel gap.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:11 PM

POST PICS WHEN u get a chance...
Old 07-09-2003, 07:36 PM

Once i get a pod for my camera to charge it, I will take pics.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:05 PM

Glude - I like the extra space in the wheel wells. I feel it makes the car look more agressive; more 'ready' to take on any road. I personally feel the lowered look sends a message of emasculation. A lowered car is like a lap dog. It has to be handled very gently, and not taken into rough terrain (off level pavement).

Lowering a car greatly reduces its utility and flexibility.

Unfortunately, roads are not smooth. Parking lots are not level. Entrances to driveways and parking lots usually have a deep dip so water can run by on its way to the drains. Every time I go thru one of these dips, I notice where lots of vehicles have scraped the pavement.

Lowering a car changes the suspension dynamics greatly. This is one of the reasons lowering voids the warranty.

Part of lowering a car is reducing the range of travel of the suspension. This can lead to unusual things happening if you hit an unexpected dip at speed. A minor one is you will bump your head on the sunroof. A major one is the wheels may actually leave the pavement.

When trade-in time comes, you either have to undo the lowering, or have a restricted buying audience.

I'm not trying to be mean, and if your heart is set on lowering, have at it. Just wanted to make sure you knew some of the implications and possible problems. Good luck, whatever you decide.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by lightonthehill
Glude - I like the extra space in the wheel wells. I feel it makes the car look more agressive; more 'ready' to take on any road. I personally feel the lowered look sends a message of emasculation. A lowered car is like a lap dog. It has to be handled very gently, and not taken into rough terrain (off level pavement).

Lowering a car greatly reduces its utility and flexibility.

Unfortunately, roads are not smooth. Parking lots are not level. Entrances to driveways and parking lots usually have a deep dip so water can run by on its way to the drains. Every time I go thru one of these dips, I notice where lots of vehicles have scraped the pavement.

Lowering a car changes the suspension dynamics greatly. This is one of the reasons lowering voids the warranty.

Part of lowering a car is reducing the range of travel of the suspension. This can lead to unusual things happening if you hit an unexpected dip at speed. A minor one is you will bump your head on the sunroof. A major one is the wheels may actually leave the pavement.

When trade-in time comes, you either have to undo the lowering, or have a restricted buying audience.

I'm not trying to be mean, and if your heart is set on lowering, have at it. Just wanted to make sure you knew some of the implications and possible problems. Good luck, whatever you decide.
Very well said, I agree 100%
Old 07-11-2003, 07:44 AM

The Red is beautiful. I have ordered an 04 Max SE today. I have been playing with this thought for some time and I see others on this forum have too. I presently have a 2K2 Alty SE in red so I am going to a Max in Pewter with 4 seat black leather and skyview.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've got the car your looking for here in Iowa! It is an S.L red with black leather with a list price of 29,700. Let me know what you think! Ask for Chad at jnissansau@aol.com or give me a call at 1-800-332-0290.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:16 PM

cdunne, thanx for the interest, I appreciate it however, I live in Nova Scotia and the car would have to be converted to metric. Otherwise I`d look into it. I got a reply from a bud in Dallas and he said there were lots of Maxes there. Thanx again for the offer and btw....I got a Majestic Blue 4 seat skyview 6 speed SE. I`m picking it up in about 10 days. The dealer won`t be getting anymore Maxes till Sep. He does have 3- 350Z though.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just put a deposit on a 2004 SE in the dark silver color (can't remember the offical Nissan color) and the Caffe Latte leather interior. It's an unusual interior color because the Nissan sales brochure says the Latte leather is unavailable with the dark silver color. Also went for the sunroof and the Bose stereo. Should arrive on the 28th of this month.

I'm replacing my 1992 Maxmia that was totaled last week when a tree fell on it during a storm.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Guess I'll have to change my name to MaxDEF, because I just put in a special-order Monday:

SE Auto
Red Op/Cafe Latte Leather
Journey
VDC
Power Sunroof
Splashguards
Floor/Trunk Mats

I got it for around $700 over invoice which to me is a "fair" deal. This is a new dealership located less than two miles from my residence. Avoiding the aggravation of driving to dealerships further away and haggling with other sales personnel was worth the couple of hundred that I MIGHT have saved. Not only that, but they have a great service policy inlcuding many benefits for customers that purchase there.

It will be interesting to see how ownership of this compares with my current '02 Cadillac STS. Other than rear parking assist, tire pressure sensors (why the heck this isn't on the Max - IT IS ON THE MURANO - is beyond me), engine designed for regular gas, voice-recognition NAV, digital gauges, wood trim, and a softer ride, the '04 Max is VERY similar for over $20K less. Of course, I am EXPECTING better reliability which was not exactly my experience with this STS.

After I've had it for awhile, if the ride seems too stiff (as most of the mags say), I may go with 17" wheels and higher profile tires. I'm also going to look into an aftermarket rear parking assist. Man, that comes in handy. Just like any other advanced feature, once you get used to it, you don't want to live w/o it.

Hope you "NissanManiacs" (and I mean that in a good way) approve.