6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Buying help 04 Maxima Vs 04 Camry Se V-6

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:16 PM

Its a no win situation.
It's a win situation for Maxima owners that don't care what other people think or what some magazine says and are happy as hell with their cars.

At our dyno meet Sunday, a turbo 4th gen did 390hp to the wheels. Incredible.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It's a win situation for Maxima owners that don't care what other people think or what some magazine says and are happy as hell with their cars.

At our dyno meet Sunday, a turbo 4th gen did 390hp to the wheels. Incredible.
I know it, I'm on my 5th one not including my wifes Z's thrown in their.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:35 AM

Gotta give credit to the Camry, it has of the most comfortable driver seats I've ever sat in!

Old 02-27-2004, 05:40 AM
LegendLS

I dont know about you guys but the new max's front is hideous . My dad has an 03 Camry SE, it serves its purpose well even though its the one with the V4. Power and performance is not on top of everyone's list, so quit putting the Camry down. The new Camry's and Maxima's shouldnt even be compared, different cars for the price of the money. Also,besides the rear , I just dont see how the Maxima is a better looking design (Exterior and Interior). BTW, I am talking about a Camry SE, not a regular LE. Now if only the Camry was fun to drive as the maxima and had the performance of the VQ . I wouldnt buy either brand new.

Old 02-27-2004, 06:19 AM

I can't even believe this thread exists!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:49 PM

You are correct indeed, I don't want to be in the pack.....I LEAD!! That's why i have a Max.
Originally Posted by lightonthehill
If you are a foreign spy, get the Camry. You'll never be noticed.

If you are an FBI special agent, get the Camry. Great undercover car.

If you are on the lam, get the Camry. You will never be stopped.

If you don't want your former wife to know you have money, get the Camry. She will assume you are still in abject poverty.

If you don't want to show up your boss in the company parking lot, get the Camry. Should get you that big raise.

If you are a shy, reclusive person, get the Camry. No one will look at you.

If you tend to go a little too fast at times, get the Camry. They are almost invisible to the smokies.

If you are none of the above, the decision should be very easy.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:47 PM

You can sell a young man's car (Max) to an old man; but you can't sell an old man's car (Camry) to a young man. I now own an 01 Avalon. It is my first and last Toyota product. I had it just four months when I received my Dear Dumbie letter from Toyota concerning their defective engine which they had the cayones to blame on the owners. Steer clear (pun intended) from Toyota products; they are now making some pretty inferior products and not backing them up. SemperFi
Old 03-01-2004, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by sargeusmc57
You can sell a young man's car (Max) to an old man; but you can't sell an old man's car (Camry) to a young man. I now own an 01 Avalon. It is my first and last Toyota product. I had it just four months when I received my Dear Dumbie letter from Toyota concerning their defective engine which they had the cayones to blame on the owners. Steer clear (pun intended) from Toyota products; they are now making some pretty inferior products and not backing them up. SemperFi
Sounds like an anomaly. All of my experience with Toyota says that they pretty much have the BEST quality in the business, though you're also paying for it.

SteVTEC, though I think Coolmax went a bit overboard in his statement, I kinda agree that Toyota really doesnt have any cars in their lineup that inspire me personally either.

They're all decent cars with good utility (exc. SC430 and MRS Spyder). But, just as Nissan 'heavily' focuses on performance with some noteable quality sacrifices, Toyota seems to focus heavily on quality with measurable performance sacrifices.

As I think about it, I dont think Toyota has ANY current cars that can outperform its Nissan counterparts:
Maxima > Avalon
Altima > Camry V6
Sentra (SE-R) > Corolla (though the XR model is forthcoming)
350Z roadster > MRS Spyder

$.02