6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 04:36 AM

Memory seats

Are any of you (MT) having problems with your memory seats? When I first get into the car, I push the button, nothing.... Start the car, push the button, nothing... I finally adjust to a comfort level and drive off... I come to a stoplight, think, what the heck, hit the button, and the dang things moves for me... What am I doing wrong. AND YES, I have read and re-read the manual...

Reese
Old 05-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Memory Seat

First you have to make sure you have the memory seat settings set, and your car has to be on and in park then press the button. Do you have the Manual Trans, I didn't think they had the memory seat function for the MT. If you do then the above apply, the car has to be on and in park and the settings have to be set in order for it to work.

Q[FONT=Arial]
Old 05-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by Reese
Are any of you (MT) having problems with your memory seats? When I first get into the car, I push the button, nothing.... Start the car, push the button, nothing... I finally adjust to a comfort level and drive off... I come to a stoplight, think, what the heck, hit the button, and the dang things moves for me... What am I doing wrong. AND YES, I have read and re-read the manual...

Reese
It's a known issue, take it to the dealer.

For the longest time after I bought my '04 it would play that game with me. It wouldn't work for weeks unless or untill one of the following happened: either my wife or daughter would drive the car, it always worked after they drove it OR I took it to the dealer for them to look at. It always worked then.

It doesn't loose its memory between times but it's like the connector on the back of the switches was loose. The dealer took the door apart and reseated the connections and did something under the dash too. I'm guessing under the dash was to reseat connections too but I don't know that... It has worked fine for 3 or 4 months now.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by bluemaxx

For the longest time after I bought my '04 it would play that game with me. It wouldn't work for weeks unless or untill one of the following happened: either my wife or daughter would drive the car, it always worked after they drove it OR I took it to the dealer for them to look at. It always worked then.

It doesn't loose its memory between times but it's like the connector on the back of the switches was loose. The dealer took the door apart and reseated the connections and did something under the dash too. I'm guessing under the dash was to reseat connections too but I don't know that... It has worked fine for 3 or 4 months now.
I won a 6 speed and i had the same prob for a few days until i realized that the E brake has 2 be up in order for it 2 work properly, doesnt matter if its in nuetral or what ever gear as long as teh E brake is up it WILL work
-defcon
Old 05-03-2004, 01:00 PM

i meant i own a 6 speed
Old 05-03-2004, 01:49 PM

defcon is right...I figured it out the other day as well. If you have the E-brake up it will work.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:41 PM

you know whats pathetic, the fact that the dealer took the door apart.These are people who are supposed to know, people who are trained to know and fix any and every problem no matter how knew the car is, given that people are human but sh^t come on a simple problem as that!! lets face it we should all be hired as techs for nissan who else loves nissan more than us??? NO ONE
i pray the dealer aint charge labor for doing what they thought was the "fix"
my 2 cents
-defcon
Old 05-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by defconmax03
you know whats pathetic, the fact that the dealer took the door apart.These are people who are supposed to know, people who are trained to know and fix any and every problem no matter how knew the car is, given that people are human but sh^t come on a simple problem as that!! lets face it we should all be hired as techs for nissan who else loves nissan more than us??? NO ONE
i pray the dealer aint charge labor for doing what they thought was the "fix"
my 2 cents
-defcon
Why is that pathetic? Inside the door seemed to be where the problem was. The memory feature didn't always work whether the brake was set or not. Is there another way to access the back side of the switch?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:14 AM

OK, I also have the same problem - I've tried repeatedly to follow the instructions in the manual to no avail. The e-brake makes no difference in my case.

Looks like it's off to the dealer...
Old 05-04-2004, 04:07 PM

Yes I have a 6sp (MT). Defcon, thanks man, yes, that made the difference. I did not find that in my owners manual... I just went out to the garage and sure nuff, worked like a champ... Thanks Guys!!! I will go to this forum before I go to the dealership! This saves me tons of time, and most of the time, I get "need to leave it with us for the morning or afternoon".... yeah right!!!!

Reese
Old 05-04-2004, 05:15 PM

Why is that pathetic? Inside the door seemed to be where the problem was. The memory feature didn't always work whether the brake was set or not. Is there another way to access the back side of the switch?
what im sayin is that i didnt hearhim say that the dealer said try the E brake trick, look all im sayin is that we know more than the dealerships because we have guys like us that go thru stuff and figure it out by ourselves.
we know our cars better than anyone
and ur welcome reese
-defcon