6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Who knows how to remove the door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Moderator GT-R

Who knows how to remove the door panels?

Any tricks or tips?
Any fasteners that may break, should I buy spares in advance?

I'm thinking about Dynamat applied to the inner door skin. Will the door panel fit back over it or will it be a hassle?
Old 05-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I would suggest going on the Nissan Technical site and getting a day subscription ($20) so you can view the service manual. After that you can print it out for later reference. It helped me out a great deal in installing my sound system.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by Edify11
I would suggest going on the Nissan Technical site and getting a day subscription ($20) so you can view the service manual. After that you can print it out for later reference. It helped me out a great deal in installing my sound system.
Got link? Any other subscription options?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissa...?dept%5Fid=18#
Old 05-19-2004, 04:44 PM

Here's what you will need. A Screwdriver or drill with a phillips tip, a pick or small flat head, and a panel popper.

The gray plastic trim on the door where the door handle is pops out. Take your pick or small flat head and pry th plastic trim away from the door. It clips on. There are two phillips screw in holding the panel onto the door. Unscrew them (you might need a long screwdriver if your phillips tip for the drill is not long enough). Now look for a small little plastic cover by the door handle/door lock. Take it off with a pick or flat head. These little things tend to fly off so, just make sure you know where it's going. There is another phillips behind there. Unscrew that. Now, with a panel popper start prying the door panel off. It is held in with plastic buttons. Start from the bottom. If you don't have a panel popper, wrap your flat head screwdriver with some type of cloth and then use that. Once you get the panel loose at the bottom just pry the rest off with your hands. Don't worry about being too rough with it. Just pull it off. The only thing you will have to do is disconnect the harnesses and that's it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage to your car. This is only a guide, if you do not feel confident doing this yourself then please take it to a dealer or car audio shop.

Hope this helps.