6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New TERK SIR-Mini Antenna Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Banned

New TERK SIR-Mini Antenna Install

Just installed the OEM Nissan/Clarion SIRIUS satellite tuner and TERK SIR-MINI antenna last week. Had no luck w/ mounting the antenna inside on the rear deck though. Kept getting "AQUIRING...NO SIGNAL" on the display...no matter which way I faced the car. I have limo dark tint on my rear windows, but how does that affect the SAT signal? Anyway, as soon as I exposed the antenna to some "fresh air", the signal came blasting in! So needless to say, I proceeded w/ installing the antenna on the outside... I first tried to test how it would look on the trunk lid--NEGATORY! The trunk lid isn't made of magnetic material! The antenna adheres to the body via a magnet. So my only option left was to mount it on the roof...even though I was going for that "stealthy" look. But the antenna is really so small, that you really don't notice it unless you're right up on the rear of my car! Anyway...

Other than the disappointment of not being able to go completely "stealth" w/ my SAT, I am impressed! Not only is the antenna so tiny, but the sound quality of the OEM tuner feed into the BOSE is outstanding! It's just a hair shy of CD quality! No distortion. Good bass response. And the antenna is virtually invisible on my car (My MAX is Onyx). Here are the pics...tell me what you think!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/465533/4
Old 09-08-2004, 07:33 PM

When you have the chance, please post your install in this sticky link:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=326195
Old 09-08-2004, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by hofb99
Just installed the OEM Nissan/Clarion SIRIUS satellite tuner and TERK SIR-MINI antenna last week. Had no luck w/ mounting the antenna inside on the rear deck though. Kept getting "AQUIRING...NO SIGNAL" on the display...no matter which way I faced the car. I have limo dark tint on my rear windows, but how does that affect the SAT signal? Anyway, as soon as I exposed the antenna to some "fresh air", the signal came blasting in! So needless to say, I proceeded w/ installing the antenna on the outside... I first tried to test how it would look on the trunk lid--NEGATORY! The trunk lid isn't made of magnetic material! The antenna adheres to the body via a magnet. So my only option left was to mount it on the roof...even though I was going for that "stealthy" look. But the antenna is really so small, that you really don't notice it unless you're right up on the rear of my car! Anyway...

Other than the disappointment of not being able to go completely "stealth" w/ my SAT, I am impressed! Not only is the antenna so tiny, but the sound quality of the OEM tuner feed into the BOSE is outstanding! It's just a hair shy of CD quality! No distortion. Good bass response. And the antenna is virtually invisible on my car (My MAX is Onyx). Here are the pics...tell me what you think!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/465533/4
Antenna looks pretty stealth to me. Guess it helps that your car is black. Glad you purchased SIRIUS. I am a big fan. I like the programming and football!!! All for one price.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks great!! Enjoy!!