6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:07 PM

Radar Detector

Can anyone point me to the thread on hard wiring a radar detector at mirror harness???
Old 09-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here's one post: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=326249
Old 09-22-2004, 10:09 PM

RayL - And don't forget to turn it off when you cross the Potomac. Virginia has strict laws against radar detectors, and their state troopers have devices to help detect them.

I have spent more than one night in Virginia jails, and the two I have graced had bare metal bunks. No mattress. A far cry from the comfort of a cushy Maxima seat.

edit - No, the nights in jail were not for using a radar detector. Having no money at the time, I hitchhiked everywhere I went during the five years I was in college in the 1950s. On very cold nights, when all the traffic had disappeared, I would be allowed to spend nights in the local jail free. Much better than freezing to death in a muddy ditch.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
RayL - And don't forget to turn it off when you cross the Potomac. Virginia has strict laws against radar detectors, and their state troopers have devices to help detect them.

I have spent more than one night in Virginia jails, and the two I have graced had bare metal bunks. No mattress. A far cry from the comfort of a cushy Maxima seat.
what? you spent time in jail for having a radar detector?

i thought radar detectors were passive devices, and do not emit anything.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:23 PM

MaxMus - I just added an explanation to my jailbird situation.

I was fortunate to work with the first anti-personnel doppler radar back in the 1950s, operating and field-testing it along the Kaesong Corridor (Korean DMZ), graduated from the U.S. Army's Electronic Countermeasures school, and worked for two years in the Arizona desert testing radar and infra-red sensory devices, yet I still can't figure out how a passive device such as a radar detector can be detected.

It seems anything is possible these days.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:41 AM

MaxMus - I just added an explanation to my jailbird situation.

I was fortunate to work with the first anti-personnel doppler radar back in the 1950s, operating and field-testing it along the Kaesong Corridor (Korean DMZ), graduated from the U.S. Army's Electronic Countermeasures school, and worked for two years in the Arizona desert testing radar and infra-red sensory devices, yet I still can't figure out how a passive device such as a radar detector can be detected.

It seems anything is possible these days.
That is why alot of new radar detectors now have VG2 radar cloaking......to beat the radar detector detectors. Not sure how effective this really is though.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:36 AM
SuPeRmOd

hard wiring is in a sitcky

I have spent more than one night in Virginia jails, and the two I have graced had bare metal bunks. No mattress. A far cry from the comfort of a cushy Maxima seat...

...On very cold nights, when all the traffic had disappeared, I would be allowed to spend nights in the local jail free. Much better than freezing to death in a muddy ditch.
You had me going, wondering what you could of done to do time, going against the image I had of you. But then your explanation fit right into your persona. Classic Lightonthehill.