6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

POS dealerships.!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 12:42 PM

POS dealerships.!!!!!!!

Like i said b4 i have a rattle noise when ever i accelerate, ppl suggested it was the heat shield, well i brought it in to the dealership to check it out and to fix my shift **** that they broke, well they couldnt find aything wrong or hear it, and i told them that alot of ppl are experiencing this. HAHAHAHHA these motherf**kers tell me if other ppl are hearing it, that its probably normal. And they deny breaking my shift ****. I honestly can say they are so lucky i got a warrant cuz i would of done somthing stupid.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSL
Like i said b4 i have a rattle noise when ever i accelerate, ppl suggested it was the heat shield, well i brought it in to the dealership to check it out and to fix my shift **** that they broke, well they couldnt find aything wrong or hear it, and i told them that alot of ppl are experiencing this. HAHAHAHHA these motherf**kers tell me if other ppl are hearing it, that its probably normal. And they deny breaking my shift ****. I honestly can say they are so lucky i got a warrant cuz i would of done somthing stupid.
I feel your pain, I gave the service department a bad critique after having to...well, long story, will save that for another time. Only Nissan dealer out here so they have me by the *****. Their customer service sucks. I am never putting the stock POS shift **** back on, but will have them give me a new one under warranty just out of principle. Damn **** should not break and spin in circles in the first month I own a car.....
Old 10-01-2004, 02:50 PM

6speed or auto?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMus
6speed or auto?
Auto shift ****....it sucks beyond belief. Design also sucks in my opinion for trying to shift it in manumatic mode. Adding a ball shifter just feels so much better now. Plus it is steel, so will not break. Temp fix until I get a better shifter ****.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:24 AM

Nissan dealers are the worst I have ever seen. I have been to the dealership 3 times to have the rattle on the back deck fixed. Well it still isn't fixed so I guess I will give them another try when they change the skyview. I hope they can do that right
Old 10-04-2004, 01:57 PM

It must be really tough when there is only one Nissan dealer within easy reach. There are 23 Nissan dealers within one hundred miles of my doorstep.

The nearest one, Nissan of Union City, is less than four miles away, and I have dealt with them exclusively for the last seven years. I know all the folks there, and they treat me like royalty. Part of that has to do with their having to compete with other Nissan dealers nearby (plus a dozen other dealerships rowed up beside them, including an Infiniti dealership just across the street), and part is because they just happen to be good people.

They had just opened for business when I first went there, and I still consider them a 'small' dealership. But, as a measure of their progress, they had SIXTEEN '05 Maximas on their lot by August 14th, at which time there were still five of the 23 dealers in the Atlanta area with NO '05 Maximas and seven with either one or two.

I remember when going to any dealer's service department was more feared than a trip to the dentist. I feel very fortunate to be able to actually look forward to a trip to my service department.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
It must be really tough when there is only one Nissan dealer within easy reach. There are 23 Nissan dealers within one hundred miles of my doorstep.

The nearest one, Nissan of Union City, is less than four miles away, and I have dealt with them exclusively for the last seven years. I know all the folks there, and they treat me like royalty. Part of that has to do with their having to compete with other Nissan dealers nearby (plus a dozen other dealerships rowed up beside them, including an Infiniti dealership just across the street), and part is because they just happen to be good people.

They had just opened for business when I first went there, and I still consider them a 'small' dealership. But, as a measure of their progress, they had SIXTEEN '05 Maximas on their lot by August 14th, at which time there were still five of the 23 dealers in the Atlanta area with NO '05 Maximas and seven with either one or two.

I remember when going to any dealer's service department was more feared than a trip to the dentist. I feel very fortunate to be able to actually look forward to a trip to my service department.
God, I wish I had more than one local dealership to take my car to, and the one I gave a bad customer service feedback on....they really love me.

Can't wait to have another dealership that is in close reach to me, not 45 minutes away in traffic with no loaners. And did I mention again, they hate me........LOL.

Buy 30K car, car has a few issues, they act like you never bought the car from them. Feel like cattle going in for a oil change....MOO.....MOO.....replace defective rim......make appointment....MOO.....MOO.....2 and a half hour wait, "Sir, we just realised, we have no valve stem." Make another appointment and wait 2 hours to change a rim.....MOO....MOO....
Old 10-04-2004, 04:19 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by carcus
God, I wish I had more than one local dealership to take my car to, and the one I gave a bad customer service feedback on....they really love me.
I'd call Nissan and thank them for their wonderful service quality control survey. You are suffering for being honest. Complain about the sturts and plastic trim interior while you're at it to see if they plan on helping all of us out. doubt it, but eventually the complaints should add up to something.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
I'd call Nissan and thank them for their wonderful service quality control survey. You are suffering for being honest. Complain about the sturts and plastic trim interior while you're at it to see if they plan on helping all of us out. doubt it, but eventually the complaints should add up to something.
Well, they are adding up to one thing that is for sure.....04 Max resale is FOR CRAP. Good thing I am holding on to this car. Wow, after looking on Ebay at some of the used prices of what better equiped Maximas are running now.....loaded ones, you name it....I get bummed from time to time. If you are bored, check out some of the "Buy it now" prices for a 04 Max. I am like, "Damn, how much did I pay for this thing." Don't get me wrong, had a few minor problems, crappy dealership service dept, but still happy with the car so far, again, few minor problems. I still, personally think if you pay 30K for a car fron ANY CAR DEALER....you name the brand, you should get a loaner.....hell...Ford did better than my Nissan dealer, and that is nothing to brag about.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:52 PM
SuPeRmOd

it's their way of getting you to buy the extended warranty. I got it for the normal reasons, then liked the addition of loaner/rental with it. plus pay my room and board if away from home. besides, ford has to give out loaners, the ones they sell are always bought back for repair everyday! F.O.R.D

they (ford) suck worse. my grandpops was a mechanic for them (so he's loyal) and they try to screw him too. he can't believe how they rape you on parts prices. lied to him about service needed, run around on appointments i.e. G:"I'm here for my 4:00 muffler change." F:"Who are you? uhh, I don't have you down. come back tomorrow" G:"okay, I'm back, now my muffler?" F:"and you are? well we don't have them here anyway, comeback again."

Yet I feel your pain, all u can do is call Nissan. Here call and email these guys:
Fred Standish
Director, Corporate Communications
phone:310/771-5946
e-mail:
fred.standish@nissan-usa.com
dan.gaudette@nissan-usa.com
emil.hassan@nissan-usa.com
Old 10-04-2004, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
it's their way of getting you to buy the extended warranty. I got it for the normal reasons, then liked the addition of loaner/rental with it. plus pay my room and board if away from home. besides, ford has to give out loaners, the ones they sell are always bought back for repair everyday! F.O.R.D

they (ford) suck worse. my grandpops was a mechanic for them (so he's loyal) and they try to screw him too. he can't believe how they rape you on parts prices. lied to him about service needed, run around on appointments i.e. G:"I'm here for my 4:00 muffler change." F:"Who are you? uhh, I don't have you down. come back tomorrow" G:"okay, I'm back, now my muffler?" F:"and you are? well we don't have them here anyway, comeback again."

Yet I feel your pain, all u can do is call Nissan. Here call and email these guys:
Fred Standish
Director, Corporate Communications
phone:310/771-5946
e-mail:
fred.standish@nissan-usa.com
dan.gaudette@nissan-usa.com
emil.hassan@nissan-usa.com
Thanks NismoMax80, but dealer hates me as much as it is......I can say though just because one dealer sucks, not all of the Nissan dealers and service suck. Bad thing is I only have one dealer to choose from out here so they got me by you know what. They know about the survey I turned in from Nissan USA....oh, you can tell. Now I got the feeling, hey, wonder what they are going to do the next time I bring the car in for service...."Hey, look at this guy, he is the one who gave us the crappy survey....wonder what we can mess with on his car that he can not figure out." Call it a recurring nightmare or paranoia. Dealers make no money on warranty work.....right now, they would probably care less if I came back or not. But hey, wanting to start something new, about time we started a new thread on stuff we like about the car, besides dealer issues and some quality things...glovebox.....you know what I mean. Want to keep some nice stuff at the top for us all. And my Ford dealer with my Lincoln Mark VIII was pretty good. Actually wanted a new Stang coming out, but that was not an option, had to get a nice family car with decent power and nice looks....hence I drive the Maxima....besides the dealer issues....I love the car.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:20 PM

Consumer Report's polls show that Nissan is pretty close to the bottom of the list when it comes to customer satisfaction with dealership service. Honda and Toyota are much better. Overall, I think Nissan cars are comparable to Honda and Toyota in terms of technology and reliability (although quality of interior materials tend to be inferior in most cases). If only Nissan dealerships can improve their service (attitude and quality), Nissan cars will sell much better!

As to the Maxiama, Nissan should look at Acura's TL for inspiration and guidance. The TLs are selling like hotcakes and you have to put a deposit for the 05s. With demand like that, the resale price of TL is going to be much better than the Max.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:34 PM
SuPeRmOd

see i just can't handle all the contradicting logic i read about resale. "Max is being phased out, not being sold, resale sucks" okay, proof shows over 130,000 were sold, way above the predicted 80,000. "oh, see too many are sold, that's why the resale value sucks" hmm, okay... "TLs are selling like hotcakes ...With demand like that, the resale price of TL is going to be much better than the Max"

Not bashing anyone, but i believe resale value has more factors. majority of people i know believe Nissan is one of the highest (along with other Jap makes) resale valued cars due to it's reliability/durability. wasn't until i joined the org that i ever heard low resale value. I just see that all used cars are worthless today.

I'm so confused.

I don't care, not going to sell her ever, so resale value is irrelevant.