6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04 maxima mnt questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 01:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

04 maxima mnt questions

Hello to all. I am a newbee and have a newbee question. I am looking at a 04
Maxima at a dealer. It has 20k, looks like it has all but the sky hatch. (or toaster slot as seen on a thread below). OK now the question... Does anyone have the mnt schedule i.e. 20k, 30k etc. The car is for the wife, we have been talking to the fleet mgr and haven't reached a price yet. I have the financing done, I just need to get a better price and this can be a barganing chip. Thanks, and feel free to carry on with your regular madness.

Keith
Old 10-02-2004, 02:07 AM

how much,what model and equipment
Old 10-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

pardon my stupidity, I think it is a SL, it has 18" wheels, dark grey in color, nav system, xeon lights burnt orange seats with heat, rear spoiler...Please rember, I looked at it Thurs night in the dark. Afthe posting, I tried to remmember if it had the skyview window. The fleet mgr said
"we have only seen 1 other in the Dallas area". (cough B.S. cough). After starting the thread, I went up to the dealer (5am) to see if it had the hole in the roof. I think someone drove it home. He quoted me $26,000....yea right. When my wife gets up, we are going to call him and take a drive.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

With that colour combination he might be right about it being only one of few in that area. BTW....They all have the "hole" in the roof or a traditional sunroof.

From my recollection, the smoke color (dark gray) came out just a few months ago. 20,000 miles would seem like a heck of a lot of miles on a very young car. It would make me wonder what the casr has been up to for the last few months ??? I would definitely want to see the car's history.

Bob
Old 10-02-2004, 09:26 AM

...and the SL's come with 17's not 18's, sorry had to point that out.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Land-N-Water
pardon my stupidity, I think it is a SL, it has 18" wheels, dark grey in color, nav system, xeon lights burnt orange seats with heat, rear spoiler....

......that's not the SL. SL comes with stock 17's and no rear spoiler. You looked at the SE.

Old 10-02-2004, 03:36 PM

Land-N-Water - As several pointed out, you are looking at an SE. Burnt orange is not available on a smoke SL.

Also as others mentioned, the 'toaster slot' (skyview) window is standard on all Maximas. It does not open, and the first 87,000 Maximas with that roof are being recalled for possible explosion problems. If your car has the normal power sunroof, that is a (desirable) $900 option, and preferable to the 'toaster slot' in my opinion.

The first smoke '04 Maxima was assembled on February 6th of this year, and was probably sold around March 1st or later. 20K in seven months (at the most) is a lot of miles. Hopefully, most of them were open road driving.

The dealer is sort of correct that the burnt orange is the least seen interior color on Maximas. I have seen most of the 200 or so '04 Maximas my dealer handled this past 18 months, and only a handful (5 at the most) had burnt orange.

CAVEAT: The SL is a sports sedan, and rides like one. It can be punishing on long trips. Be sure your wife does not mind the very firm ride. If she finds the ride unpleasant, have her try the SL. It is exactly the same car, except for 17" wheels, a slightly higher profile tire, and a suspension designed for a more comfortable ride.

Ask your Nissan dealer for a Maxima brochure and look at it carefully. You need to be knowledgable about what your are going to spend a bundle for.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks...I stand corrected. The wife drove it today, a wonderful experience. Went to the guys cubicle, was standing firm on $17400. I asked for the bottom dollar, and was told $17000. He said it was a elite edition (or somthing like that) and could bring that money. I said that it had alot of miles in a short ammount of time (thanks SilverBelle04 you insomniac). Wow, 22k miles in 6 months (Thanks lightonthehill). I made him a offer with $24000 out the door, and and was turned down. I am gonna let it sit awhile and check back Wed. My bet is that it will sit for 3 weeks and will be sent to the auction
before the payment on inerest comes up on his floor financing. I have 4 cars, I can wait. I will keep you posted, now it is off to the boating forms.

Keith
Old 10-02-2004, 11:34 PM

Land-N-Water - The 'elite edition' thingie means the car has the elite package, which includes a console with 12V outlet, storage compartment and hidden cup holders in the rear seat, heated rear bucket seats, one-touch auto up/down rear windows, power sunshade on the rear window, and other goodies. The '04 with the 'elite' option is considered to be the 'top of the line' Maxima, and probably had an original MSRP around $34 or $35K.