6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

sarona body kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

$300?!?!??!!?!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:19 PM
.org extraordinaire

Wtf

That sarona car looks F---ing stupid IMHO!!!

Like some 16 year old kid from Tokyo got his dadies credit card and went wild on it.

The body kit redline had photoshoped on the orange maxima (cant find the pic) would be stunning on the car, it would give it a "tuner" look not a "ricer chopsuye" look.

Maxima = respect
Sarona maxima = "WTF happened to your car dude"

Kam
Old 09-27-2005, 10:20 PM
gec

wow --- i gotta say I'm kinda surprised at the hatred displayed for the sarona kit...its strong up in here huh.... I mean I thought the back was real tight...n the front coulda been a bit tweaked...but whoa I'm certainly the minority on that... guess because redlines kit looks real good...

Old 09-28-2005, 04:38 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by blackpaladin67
Good to see ya back chris ....

Heard that you went over to the "Dark side" for awhile with a black Max rental jobbie....Once you have been there is hard commin back.

Well done on your efforts in the south ..

The Darker side....

Actually it was very easy, everyday that Black Max sat in the Mississippi Sun (95-110 degree's Fahrenheit) seemed like it took twice as long for the AC to cool the car and don't remember how many times I burnt my a$$ on the car leaning against it, I think the B!tch was jealous because she knew my heart was with a red head and I was only using her...
Old 09-28-2005, 08:48 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by chernmax
I think the B!tch was jealous because she knew my heart was with a red head and I was only using her...
LMFAO!!!!!!!

I think my girl does that to me when she knows I went for a ride without her, drove a Honda Civic on the weekend to the cottage Come monday morning she was all loud and crackly and slugish, but after our lunchtime romp she knew i still loved her and started behaving again.

Peace,

Kam
Old 09-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by gec
wow --- i gotta say I'm kinda surprised at the hatred displayed for the sarona kit...its strong up in here huh.... I mean I thought the back was real tight...n the front coulda been a bit tweaked...but whoa I'm certainly the minority on that... guess because redlines kit looks real good...
After you see it in person you'll know...

I saw that guy with the 10" screen and all the crap on his car in front of the Home Depot a while back, and I tell you... it's not everybody's cup of tea. I think the kit is just too busy... makes the car look all riced up IMO.

But to each his own, I suppose.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 PM

Nice Kit... Where are some links to other body kits that are out there.. thanks guys..
Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Nice Kit... Where are some links to other body kits that are out there.. thanks guys..
Go into search area of your internet provider and type in "body kits". There are alot of links there. I just tryed it.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
SuPeRmOd

i thought someone said this Max was totaled?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...80248742QQrdZ1
Old 10-05-2005, 11:57 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
i thought someone said this Max was totaled?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...80248742QQrdZ1
That what I heard also. I sent him a message to see if I could check out the car.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
nah warren, I happen to come across it on cardomain.... it was all the way on the last page, I think people hated on it cause its not doing good on rating... i dunno why, but here it is:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/765408

That car is amazing.....I don't see what there is to hate, unless you just can't afford to do the stuff he did to it.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by blakstarz
That car is amazing.....I don't see what there is to hate, unless you just can't afford to do the stuff he did to it.
Here we go again... why do people always think that you hate because you can't afford stuff?

That car is nasty IMO. As a showcar it probably has won a lot of acclaim because of the mods, but I didn't buy my car to be a showcar. I don't want lambo doors, or a crazy looking body kit that's gonna get caught in the first snow we get, or 7 TVs in the car.

To some people practicality supercedes looks. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds some of the stuff in that car to be overkill, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that can afford them but chooses not to do them.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I LOVE Lambo doors. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I saw this black car with them the other day and people, including me, just stop in their tracks when those things open. Anyone know who makes em for our car?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I LOVE Lambo doors. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I saw this black car with them the other day and people, including me, just stop in their tracks when those things open. Anyone know who makes em for our car?
Actually, I am a big lambo door fan myself, just don't know who around here has the expertise to install correctly.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by viguera
Here we go again... why do people always think that you hate because you can't afford stuff?

That car is nasty IMO. As a showcar it probably has won a lot of acclaim because of the mods, but I didn't buy my car to be a showcar. I don't want lambo doors, or a crazy looking body kit that's gonna get caught in the first snow we get, or 7 TVs in the car.

To some people practicality supercedes looks. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds some of the stuff in that car to be overkill, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that can afford them but chooses not to do them.
I agree. I don't see the need for a TV monitor on the trunk lid that you can only watch while the car is parked with the trunk open. Its cool, I guess, maybe to have that if you go tailgating but usually my trunk holds more mundane things like, golf clubs, baseball gear, groceries and work stuff. I like mods but it has to be mixed in with real world use of the car. If I can't fit my family or belongings in the car b/c its full of electronic stuff then for me, its not worth the cost of the mod. Just my opinion.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
SuPeRmOd

well did any of you see my post a couple above? It's on eBay for only $15,000. Can you imagine the price of mods alone? you're getting a cheap Max. (if a real auction)
Old 10-06-2005, 02:49 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
well did any of you see my post a couple above? It's on eBay for only $15,000. Can you imagine the price of mods alone? you're getting a cheap Max. (if a real auction)
The reserve price has not been met. Believe it or not but he is looking for 50,000 dollars. He has over 15,000 dollars just in mods.

This information was given to me by ppl that know the owner.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I thought Cory said the air bags failed and he smashed the whole car..
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
I thought Cory said the air bags failed and he smashed the whole car..
Thats what Cory said.; But its on sale. I am waiting for a reply that I sent him thru E-bay if I can check out the car since he is not that far from me.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by ramberg
The reserve price has not been met. Believe it or not but he is looking for 50,000 dollars. He has over 15,000 dollars just in mods.

This information was given to me by ppl that know the owner.
that's what I thought.

It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to set starting bids so far below the reserve. I understand reserve and it's benefits, but starting bids $35,000 short??? that's as bad as the ones that start at $.01 and the reserve is 100's of $$. I only one person wants it, then no one will bid against them and the reserve CAN NOT be met. reserves should require a Buy It Now option
Old 10-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Banned

Yeah...it looks too much like something from pimp my ride.

I really like the E55 like contrast colors on the seats though, thats tight. That thing is not a daily driver liek that, and definately not in NYC. Honestly though, I couldnt bring myself to pouring that much money into the exterior of a car, I do too much driving.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by ohthatshot
I like the front of the sarona, not the back. I like the redlinemax one better tho.

Is the car on air bags? must not be too fun driving in nyc if its always that low.

What do you mean the redlinemax rear??? On the redlinemax website they only have the Sorona body kit, but call it shogun?? Some one fill me in on this.. thanks..
Old 10-08-2005, 08:17 PM

I may be wrong, however, Sorona is the designer, Shogun is the Name of the style...