6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The NEW ActiveTuning S4.1 Maxima Grille! Need Test Fitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Years into never, at least thats just my guess.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Glude
You guys are impatient.
Guilty as charged...

But if you're gonna tease and say that you have something, you might as well show it or hold the announcement until at least you have something to show.

I think Redline/Redmax/whatever had a grille that they had in the works too, but they've been hush about it. Doesn't make me feel any better but at least they're not getting everybody worked up over something that they can't have...

I've been thinking about dropping my E&G for some time now... and it would just SUCK if I got something else and then this comes up and it's nice. At least a teaser pic or something, that's all we're asking for...
Old 01-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Years into never, at least thats just my guess.
Agree, all you have to do is close your eyes and wish, however you are really seeing what you get. Nothing!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 01:16 PM

Well didnt someone do a chop on Jsmiths car a while back? It should look like the altima grill except for the maxima, at least thats what I assume.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 PM

Well didnt someone do a chop on Jsmiths car a while back? It should look like the altima grill except for the maxima, at least thats what I assume.
Exactly, so for now just imagine We've had delays with our fiberglass manufacturer due to him moving locations...something we didn't expect. We were promised something that we could have shown pics of weeks ago. It's a comin though!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:16 PM
*moderator*

Yes, I did one, although it was a bit sketchy...
Old 01-17-2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by D@ActiveTuning
Exactly, so for now just imagine We've had delays with our fiberglass manufacturer due to him moving locations...something we didn't expect. We were promised something that we could have shown pics of weeks ago. It's a comin though!
Your excuses are starting to sound like the 2006 CE calander. Don't get me wrong, actually I don't care what you think, don't put stuff out there to try and bait people thinking it will be a blow out, sometimes all the hype blows up in you face. I for one based on you schedule, excuses, whatever know for a fact I will not buy it know.

Next time, build it, post it, sell it!!! Otherwise can it!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Your excuses are starting to sound like the 2006 CE calander. Don't get me wrong, actually I don't care what you think, don't put stuff out there to try and bait people thinking it will be a blow out, sometimes all the hype blows up in you face. I for one based on you schedule, excuses, whatever know for a fact I will not buy it know.

Next time, build it, post it, sell it!!! Otherwise can it!!!
Sorry for trying to develop products for your car. I can see why many other companies steer away.

When I'm told I will see something in a few days, I felt it was ready to post about it. We've been working on it for months, and I never said anything until then. Something happened that caused a delay that was out of my hand. What could you possibly expect me to do?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 PM

Sorry for trying to develop products for your car. I can see why many other companies steer away.

When I'm told I will see something in a few days, I felt it was ready to post about it. We've been working on it for months, and I never said anything until then. Something happened that caused a delay that was out of my hand. What could you possibly expect me to do?
For one thing, you are developing NOTHING for my car; I choose what goes on my ride.

Too bad about your info, that's your problem that you where misinformed about the weeks of delay, don't try and pass blame here.

You want my advice, see last sentence of post #87

I AM a businessman, you are not dealing with a weekend car tinker who is suppose to except your $2.00 dollar answer, I hate when businesses think they can talk down to customers just because we are suppose to be nice that you are making something we MAY buy. We ARE a market, if you go away, others will fill it and we will still be here.

My point is strictly about business, you put the info out there, your not delivering, su%ck up the fact that some of your potential customers think you su%ck in the handling of your marketing.

Welcome to the real world...

Next time my consulting advice will cost you...
Old 01-17-2006, 10:02 PM

Kinda a f*cked up answer to a guy who has been nothing but good to the maxima community as well as many others. Who cares if the products arent done exactly on time? At least we are getting something. Also, I dont see many companys making mods for a family sedan so id like to keep Active Tuning on our side.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Newbie just Registered

Kinda a f*cked up answer to a guy who has been nothing but good to the maxima community as well as many others. Who cares if the products arent done exactly on time? At least we are getting something. Also, I dont see many companys making mods for a family sedan so id like to keep Active Tuning on our side.
I agree. In post #1, he wrote
we need somebody with a lighter color car to help us do a test fitment on the grille in Lake Mills, WI (about 2 hours from Chicago, 30 min from Madison). The person that helps us out will recieve a FREE grille pre-painted to match their car. We will require one trip out to us (ASAP) which we will do test fitment and some pictures (Please make sure your car is washed!). Then an optional 2nd trip out to us where we will install the painted grille for you...or we can have it shipped to you. PM me if interested....we need somebody right away.
I don't see a product that is ready for sale.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:15 AM

For one thing, you are developing NOTHING for my car; I choose what goes on my ride.

Too bad about your info, that's your problem that you where misinformed about the weeks of delay, don't try and pass blame here.

I AM a businessman, you are not dealing with a weekend car tinker who is suppose to except your $2.00 dollar answer, I hate when businesses think they can talk down to customers just because we are suppose to be nice that you are making something we MAY buy. We ARE a market, if you go away, others will fill it and we will still be here.

My point is strictly about business, you put the info out there, your not delivering, su%ck up the fact that some of your potential customers think you su%ck in the handling of your marketing.

I agree. This isn't the first time.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 AM

Yes, sometimes being too honest does sound F%ucked up. Also, I AM a fan of ActiveTuning and have helped install their products on several Org members rides as well as referred members to their web site to get products. Not everything in a forum will sound peachy to everyone, in the end it's all good, just giving some advice, he has the option to take it or leave it...
Old 01-18-2006, 07:35 AM

Keep in mind two things:

1. Look at our original post. I never said, hey, we'll have pics in a couple days. I wrote, the grille will be release in January. Today is 1/18....only halfway done.

2. As posted above, the original post was also requesting somebody for test fitting....which we ended up getting...due to that post.

I never said it wasn't our problem. I stated that the other company had a delay, which caused us to have a delay. Again, what could you possibly want me to say in this scenario?

I understand what your saying, and I agree with some degree. From a marketing perspective, what you're saying can do positive and negative. For one, it causes a hype for a product which nobody has even seen. There are comments stating that they were planning to buy another grille, but want to see this one first. On the negative side, there's people like you that would be upset for your reasons.

Anyway, enough babble, those are my thoughts. I will take into account what you are saying for future instances.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:58 PM

Keep in mind two things:

1. Look at our original post. I never said, hey, we'll have pics in a couple days. I wrote, the grille will be release in January. Today is 1/18....only halfway done.

2. As posted above, the original post was also requesting somebody for test fitting....which we ended up getting...due to that post.

I never said it wasn't our problem. I stated that the other company had a delay, which caused us to have a delay. Again, what could you possibly want me to say in this scenario?

I understand what your saying, and I agree with some degree. From a marketing perspective, what you're saying can do positive and negative. For one, it causes a hype for a product which nobody has even seen. There are comments stating that they were planning to buy another grille, but want to see this one first. On the negative side, there's people like you that would be upset for your reasons.

Anyway, enough babble, those are my thoughts. I will take into account what you are saying for future instances.
Excellent, thanks...
Old 01-18-2006, 04:22 PM
guille

hey guys what sup with this turbo for maxima??? check it up http://www.turbo-kits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html it is the same for altima than maxima ????

Old 01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by guille
hey guys what sup with this turbo for maxima??? check it up http://www.turbo-kits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html it is the same for altima than maxima ????
Um 1, ALTIMA is not MAXIMA....
2, what does that have to do with an upcoming grille???

3, posting that same post over and over in many unrelated threads = spammer =

kthxbye
Old 01-18-2006, 05:33 PM

Wrong place to post that. Its the SSR kit for the altima, im sure theres not much difference between the 2 cars so it could be made to fit.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:19 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by NismoMax80

kthxbye

lol, kthxbye, love that one...
Old 01-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Banned

Well whats the real kicker is I get the impression the grille is made, so if its made take a pic of it...nobody would object to that...seeing it on the car isnt going to have more effect for us...we all can use our imaginations and photoshop..this is just
Old 01-18-2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Well whats the real kicker is I get the impression the grille is made, so if its made take a pic of it...nobody would object to that...seeing it on the car isnt going to have more effect for us...we all can use our imaginations and photoshop..this is just
The grille is not made yet, hence no pictures. Once the first part is completed, the pics will go up. Just look at the S5 or S2 grille for the Altima and imagine it in the shape for the Maxima, and that is essentially what our S4.1 is. I promise I'm working on getting something for you guys as quickly as I can. Remember, my original post said sometime in January.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
Um 1, ALTIMA is not MAXIMA....
2, what does that have to do with an upcoming grille???

3, posting that same post over and over in many unrelated threads = spammer =

kthxbye
You crack me up sometimes...
Old 01-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Ok, knowing it pretty much looks like what you did for the altima is good to hear...i do appreciate what you are doing and if it is the same as those altima grilles i will buy one. If I owned an altima I would have bought your S2 at first sight, the style reminds me of the tuner grilles for VW's...looks really good, I think you'll sell a lot.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dood all i know is, I have the same exact grille as chern, the trenz with emblem. I like it alot, but im getting bored of it, and i wanna change it up for the summer.

Where the fluk is this grille already. I'm thinking I may possibly just go with the erabuni or sarona wateva the hell its called, but to me that grille only seems like it looks good with a bumper kit.

anywhere WHERES THE DAMN ACTIVE TUNING ALREADY.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Banned

It can officially be said this grille is behind schedule...it was expected anyway, just bring it out with a killer deal on it.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 AM

It is being pushed back into February. After repeated promise dates broken from our current fiberglass manufacturer, we are in talks with a new company. We’ll have more details in about a week once we finalize some talks.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:10 AM

Looking forward to it...
Old 02-03-2006, 07:58 PM

......................ARG!!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:45 PM

It's like a movie that keeps you in suspence! Then just as they reveal the secret, we get
"to be continued..."!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:30 PM

You guys may not agree but I think the original S4 is just as hot as whatever the S4.1 is going to be. I get nothing but compliments everyday...still satisfied.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:57 PM

ok sorry for responding so late to this post, but wtf, " I see why many companies steer away" dude steer my way and ill put a fist in your s4.1 grille you promised a grille, and had even my stock lovin asz excited about this grille, but what do we get for almost 3 months now NOTHING!!. You make money on our cars so dont talk your **** about i dont know why im wasting my time on maximas. Your a business man and you make too much money not to make parts for our cars. I was really considering adding one of your grills but you most def lost a customer for life. Chernmax im with you brother, if i ever see this guy in northern VA, im gonna have him kiss my four exhaust pipes.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 PM

all this complaining about a company that's actually doing/planning stuff for the 6th gen...

some variables just can't be controlled by ourselves...so delays will/can happen. like they say.."sh*t happens"
Old 02-04-2006, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by belal242
ok sorry for responding so late to this post, but wtf, " I see why many companies steer away" dude steer my way and ill put a fist in your s4.1 grille you promised a grille, and had even my stock lovin asz excited about this grille, but what do we get for almost 3 months now NOTHING!!. You make money on our cars so dont talk your **** about i dont know why im wasting my time on maximas. Your a business man and you make too much money not to make parts for our cars. I was really considering adding one of your grills but you most def lost a customer for life. Chernmax im with you brother, if i ever see this guy in northern VA, im gonna have him kiss my four exhaust pipes.
Wow, that's pretty immature man. Not sure if you realize, but I'm not making "too much money not to make parts for your cars".

ActiveTuning is a part-time business run by two people because we have a passion for Nissan. We have full-time jobs, and my partner who does most of the manufacturing (Altimat) has two kids and a wife to keep up with as well.

That means it's not making enough for us to go in full-time yet (and nowhere near that may I add).

We do what we can, and we work very hard, a lot of times late in the night just to wake up at 6am for work the next day. We put a lot of our effort into this company, and if it takes this long to develop a product, there's a reason behind it.

I for one find your comments fairly insulting to be honest, and it really does take a lot to bother me with a comment. I can understand frustration, but as one said, **** happens...there's obviously a reason it's not out yet. We don't just purposely sit here and say, ok, let's not make money, and just wait another month to see how these guys react.

if i ever see this guy in northern VA, im gonna have him kiss my four exhaust pipes.
I'll take that race You can pick either the twin turbo 350Z or the Dodge Viper (close friends):

Old 02-04-2006, 06:10 AM

Mad props to Dactivetuning. Taking on two jobs and has a family with kids. Keep doing your thing and keep us posted.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by belal242
Dude you need to chill out. Did someone take food off your plate?

A little too much crying going on here about a grill that is having some production problems. So what? I want to see it too, everyone is excited and AT knows it. It will come out and when it does they will post some pics. No big deal.

Life goes on.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
*moderator*

Yeah guys, give them a break. I work on the development side of things for a living and sometimes **** does happen!! After all the thread was only asking for a test fitter. Hopefully in the future they can get someone to work with locally to speed up the process and do this stuff "offline" so as to not cause such a stinky thread to evolve, like I have done with Redlinemax...

Good luck to AT and keep up the hard work!!!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:39 AM

Obviously that guys just a douchbag. Dave is a good guy so dont give a hard time because you suck at life.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 PM

i don't mind the wait.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:30 PM

Man i was upset, but not that bad... i am still for the AT grille.. I am proud that AT is doing work for us. I am anxious, like everyone else, but there is no reason to insult someone that works on anything for our rides. I am just happy to say thank you when it comes out. I might not like it and go with the improved Redline one, but i would never insult a Co. no matter how small. I think someone needs to appoligize..... AT keep on doing what your are doing bro, no matter how long it takes you have us to back you up... LAter..
Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM

seriosly i feel bad that i even brought back some attention to this thread with my latest post.

its noones fault theres a delay....you have no idea whats going on at A/T's end....your running off only assumptions that there not putting effort into our cars when I'm sure thats not the matter at hand.

Keep it up A/T....I'm paitently waiting impatiently.

Quick Reply: The NEW ActiveTuning S4.1 Maxima Grille! Need Test Fitter