6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The NEW ActiveTuning S4.1 Maxima Grille! Need Test Fitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by D@ActiveTuning
1) Product delays happen. As unmatched stated, we don't make money on delays...so it's in our best interest to have it released as soon as we can.
2) Regarding "RedlineMax's delayed too w/ some production issues, but atleast I can see 2 prototypes of their grille.". Just because they provide a prototype of their grille, doesn't mean we need to. You guys already know what it will look like in general (like the S2/S5 style but for the Maxima aka our S4 grille without the two center bars).
3) It can take as long as it needs to, because all that matters to us in the end is that we have a top notch quality part in the end. If there is anything that would compromise the quality, we would not release the grille.
4) Sony must be an amateur company too since they are taking so long on their PS3. While we're at, Microsoft is pretty amateur as well....because no big companies have delays. Fact is that it happens, and that there are reasons for it. We do not need to give you every step of our processes, because obviously when we've tried to do that, some of you come back with "blah blah excuses". Fine. Point taken. No more updates, it'll be released when it's released.
Yeah people so take a seat...
Old 03-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Newbie just Registered

1) Product delays happen. As unmatched stated, we don't make money on delays...so it's in our best interest to have it released as soon as we can.
2) Regarding "RedlineMax's delayed too w/ some production issues, but atleast I can see 2 prototypes of their grille.". Just because they provide a prototype of their grille, doesn't mean we need to. You guys already know what it will look like in general (like the S2/S5 style but for the Maxima aka our S4 grille without the two center bars).
3) It can take as long as it needs to, because all that matters to us in the end is that we have a top notch quality part in the end. If there is anything that would compromise the quality, we would not release the grille.
4) Sony must be an amateur company too since they are taking so long on their PS3. While we're at, Microsoft is pretty amateur as well....because no big companies have delays. Fact is that it happens, and that there are reasons for it. We do not need to give you every step of our processes, because obviously when we've tried to do that, some of you come back with "blah blah excuses". Fine. Point taken. No more updates, it'll be released when it's released.
I am also a business owner and I understand that delays happen. But I had the impression that one was created and ready for fitment from your first post.

I asked for a pic to see how you addressed the lower gap, you showed a glimpse of nothing instead of the one you created for test fitment in December '05.

So ?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
.org extraordinaire

LOL, all they wanted was a test fitter.

Since that didnt come through then y are all thease peeps harping on them for not having a test fitter, wouldnt that have caused a delay?

Im anxious to get a new grill but I want to get one that fits 100% with the OEM bug deflector I have. If Activetunning comes through for me with a grill that fits 100% you better believe I'm going to be super happy even if it was delayed.

Hey if you guys need a test fit on a car with the OEM bug guard, please let me know. I helped Brian Cats figure out the STS kit problem.... maybe I can help you guys fiure out the fitment issues.

Take Care and Keep us posted.

Kam
Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Exactly, its the excuses and changes that got so annoying, AT is like the boy who cried wolf, nobody is going to care when its actually made because of all this false hype. Should havekept it quiet until they were ready to be sold, and as for asking the org for a 6th gen test fitter, puh-leeze, that screams amateur.
So I assume your not purchasing this grill when it is released? Seems like all you wanna do is bash it and whine about how its not out. Whats getting annoying is your childish attempt at badmouthing these guys. Its not going to make them complete it any faster, and why does it even matter? The way your talking sounds like you don't wanna have anything to do with them so just buy another grill and accept the fact that its not going to look near as good as theres will once its released.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:36 AM
*moderator*

I think this thread should just be CLOSED. Let AT get their grill done and then present the final product when it gets finished. This thread is way out of control. If I were them I'd be thinking "screw these ungrateful 6th gen guys, we're moving on" But like Dave said "It can take as long as it needs to, because all that matters to us in the end is that we have a top notch quality part in the end."
Maybe he made a mistake in posting this thread but at the time he didn't know all this was going to happen. Let it be, and quit bashing the guys trying to make nice aftermarket stuff for our cars.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:49 AM

I agree with Jsmith, Lock it.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

You missed my point, Im not talking about the delays, im just talking about the need for a test fitter to cause further delays...you are a company that modifies Nissans, go get one yourself, thats what im saying. Sony has revised the launch date for the PS3 3 times? News to me..

I agree, keep it quiet until its ready.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
You missed my point, Im not talking about the delays, im just talking about the need for a test fitter to cause further delays...you are a company that modifies Nissans, go get one yourself, thats what im saying. Sony has revised the launch date for the PS3 3 times? News to me..

I agree, keep it quiet until its ready.
Yes, my business partner Mike, who does the development on the grilles is located in bum ****, WI. We'd rather offer a free grille and work with somebody that is part of the Maxima community than just a random car or a dealership.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:28 PM

I agree w/ JSmith. Lock the thread and any other threads related thereafter. The next thread on this topic should be the announcement and selling details of the completed grill.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:35 PM
.org extraordinaire

Yes, my business partner Mike, who does the development on the grilles is located in bum ****, WI. We'd rather offer a free grille and work with somebody that is part of the Maxima community than just a random car or a dealership.
I know I'm in Canada but I'm more then willing to test fit on my car, if you want I can even video tape and take macro shots of anything that does not fit and send you the results. Like I said, I helped Brian Cats determine the exact sizing of the 6spMT lever that would be compatible with the STS kit that you and him both sell.

Right now I'm working with a brake developer to create a set of brackets for the 4Pot Willwood break kit.

I bought a Trendz billet grill but the upper edge of the grill is 3mm to tall for my car as the OEM bug guard prevents the hood from closing. However the stock grill has a perfect fittment.

If your interested PM me.

Kam
Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
I know I'm in Canada but I'm more then willing to test fit on my car, if you want I can even video tape and take macro shots of anything that does not fit and send you the results. Like I said, I helped Brian Cats determine the exact sizing of the 6spMT lever that would be compatible with the STS kit that you and him both sell.

Right now I'm working with a brake developer to create a set of brackets for the 4Pot Willwood break kit.

I bought a Trendz billet grill but the upper edge of the grill is 3mm to tall for my car as the OEM bug guard prevents the hood from closing. However the stock grill has a perfect fittment.

If your interested PM me.

Kam

Kam, we've got a test fitter now. But either way it would need to be local to us so we can perfect the fitment (although fiberglass does have slight variance between each part).

We appreciate the offer though!