6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Any more news on '07 Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:35 AM

I like it, the interior will be welcomed upgrade for sure. I just hope the new engine will put out at least 290HP preferably 300.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
I like it, the interior will be welcomed upgrade for sure. I just hope the new engine will put out at least 290HP preferably 300.
I wonder if they are going to put in the 4.0 liter V6 that is in my Pathfinder, that would give a big boost to HP and torque. Not that we need more torque steer but I'm sure the engineers can find a happy medium- like 290HP and 280lbs torque and still get about 27 or 28 mpgs on the highway. What about a 6 speed auto, that would boost highway mpgs- wouldn't it?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I really like the new bumber and thank god they are bringing back some real fog lights, not those cheesy turn signals. The interior upgrades would be very welcome, and i love the fact that they said Quality. But we will see in time and maybe i might do a trade in<<< maybe not.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
since they stole RedLine front, i say redline make a similiar rear bumper.

no more teef? nice new grille... like those wheels... headlight outline is nice, but moving fogs killed the internal setup.

rest is the same.

well we know our Gen will last 2 years at the least.

Wow that's funny!!! yet flattering!!! Lets see if they can keep up!!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:54 AM

2007 maxima se-r??

a friend of mine told me a rumor about 2007 maxima se-r, i was just wondering if anyone have any info on that?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

You were told wrong, it's going to be AWD.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yea, that ish will hover too yo.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:02 AM
andymax95

A japanesse bird flew into my window and told me an AWD turbo nismo addition is in the works for 2007. Can't wait

Old 11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

What, another rumor...
Old 11-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've been reading these threads for a couple of weeks now and had decided that I was going to get a Maxima the first of the year. I chose it over the Passat (reliability problems being the main issue). Now I'm concerned over Maxima upgrading the interior. For those of you more familiar with Nissan, I had thought that there would be no new changes until 2008. What do you think the chances are that the interior will receive a dramatic facelift? Also, when will we know for sure what changes are made? Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:13 AM
andymax95

Front bumper looks real similar to the alitima's

Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by chernmax
What, another rumor...

rumor? but he heard this from his bestfriendsbrotherwifegirlfriendsonscoworkerparent sunclessistersgrandmotherthatknowsasalesmenthatwor ksatnisssan.

that, my friend is not rumor.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:23 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by andymax95
Front bumper looks real similar to the altima's
yeah, when someone stated eariler "this helps distinguish the max form alti more...." I thought this front, although nice, is more Alti than 04

no new changes until 2008
no, that would mean there would be no changes in this gen and 07 would be the last 6th gen if not last Max. this tells me 7th gen will be 09.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by silvermax2k2
rumor? but he heard this from his bestfriendsbrotherwifegirlfriendsonscoworkerparent sunclessistersgrandmotherthatknowsasalesmenthatwor ksatnisssan.

that, my friend is not rumor.
Than it must be true!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:54 AM

i was just asking, but i guess he was lying
Old 11-30-2005, 01:24 PM

I agree with Nismo the New look they are going for looks more like the Altima, and someone said the car looks lower, thats not true it looks higher , and even more so in the front.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:27 PM

What some of these guys said. Looks more like an altima although I do like the front a lot more. Its like the altima ser front bumper, definately not like the redlinemax bumper. I also hope it fits as well as the tails.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 PM

I don't like it, i am glad I got my 06 baby!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:04 PM

So we got 2 other threads about this in different forums, as usual, everyone who doesnt own one throughs in their negative opinions on the 6th gen.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
KC's FINEST

like that bish Judge Judy says: Heresay is crap, if you believe everything everyone says, you sir are an idiot.

But who knows..?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
So we got 2 other threads about this in different forums, as usual, everyone who doesnt own one throughs in their negative opinions on the 6th gen.
I don't think thats true across the board. I have an 05 SE and I honestly prefer the current style over those pics of the new. I say that not because I already have the 05, but because I really think to me it is alot nicer. I like the 05 lights and rear end better and also the front bumper. Anyhow beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:47 PM

The only thing it's missing is.

RWD.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Banned

The only thing I like is the smaller grille that will probobly be black, with a logo...it looks alot nicer. Its not very much of a change though, but it was what I expected...Its along the lines of what they did to the 5th gen. They wanna beat the Avalon? Throw a 300Hp RWD setup in the mix and then they will regain the crown. I never had any complaints about the interior, its my favorite part of the car. This confirms my guess that an 'all new' max wont likely happen until the 09 or 10 model year. I like the outside details more now that I see it, but It wouldnt make me want to run out and trade up at this point, but it will maybe bring more newcomers.

Jeez they sure went low budget on the disguise did'nt they? What a joke, they should have went disguise free, they aren't fooling anybody...BMW and MBZ actually care about keeping a car secret.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Banned

No judge judy would say something like: LISTEN TO ME! LISTEN TO ME! UH UH UH SIR! now listen to me very carefully....even on your BEST day, you're not as good as me on my worst. Do I make myself clear sir? Don't come here with come **** and bull story about what your 'friend' said, where is your friend? Did you bring him to court today? No? Well sir, hes a LIAR!!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM

Pssst, hey buddy, I got a bridge in Brooklyn thats for sale.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 PM
SuPeRmOd

I got dibs! ^^^
Old 11-30-2005, 09:28 PM

I guess the cornering lights are now gone. I wonder if the new headlight design will have the Adaptive Front Lighting System.( Headlights that pivot when you turn the sterring wheel) If you look real close to the passengers door handle you can see a black button. I thinks Nissan FINALLY added the Intelligent Key to its flagship sedan.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIE06SE
I don't like it, i am glad I got my 06 baby!
I agree. I like the looks of my 04 (even the tooth).
Old 12-01-2005, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic_Ed
I don't think thats true across the board. I have an 05 SE and I honestly prefer the current style over those pics of the new. I say that not because I already have the 05, but because I really think to me it is alot nicer. I like the 05 lights and rear end better and also the front bumper. Anyhow beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Thats not what I was saying. I was simply pointing out that everytime the 6th gen gets posted in another forum, all people do is bash it to death. I dont go around talking **** about all the other gens and saying how ugly they are. Im sure if I did, many of those members would get all sore and wine. But for some reason, they feel the need to get there word out everytime theres a new 6th gen thread.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:58 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

they always do that Glude, it seems every gen say they have the "real" maxima.... ****'s don't know style when they see it.

I've had every gen since the 4th and I loved every one of them so far, I just like moving with time. new time new car. i love my 6th gen..
Old 12-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Thats not what I was saying. I was simply pointing out that everytime the 6th gen gets posted in another forum, all people do is bash it to death. I dont go around talking **** about all the other gens and saying how ugly they are. Im sure if I did, many of those members would get all sore and wine. But for some reason, they feel the need to get there word out everytime theres a new 6th gen thread.

To chime in with Techniq, Most of those same guys will be 6th gen owners soon!! Lol!!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Redmax
To chime in with Techniq, Most of those same guys will be 6th gen owners soon!! Lol!!
You guys seem to back us up well and have offered good aftermarket support.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:06 AM

So am I hearing the Avalon is actually faster than our cars?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM

I have an 05 SE and I honestly prefer the current style over those pics of the new. I say that not because I already have the 05, but because I really think to me it is alot nicer. I like the 05 lights and rear end better and also the front bumper. Anyhow beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What the hell are you guys seeing that I'm not? The headlights look the same as my '04 as far as I can tell. Ditto the taillights (I don't see that the strips of tape are hiding anything).

I see a little horizontal crease in the middle of the rear bumper cover as well as blacked-out rocker panels and a blacked-out area down where the exhaust pipes are (neither of which will necessarily make it to production). That and a change to fogs instead of cornering lights (along with lower fascia changes to accommodate that). MAYBE a change to the grille ... that could be a fake emblem and centerpiece covered up by tape, and BTW the grille doesn't look smaller to me than the existing 6th Gens.

And another BTW to whoever posted it, that ain't a "black button" on the door handle ... that's the door lock hole, just like on my '04.

This is a freshening, and there aren't going to be any sheetmetal changes - that's too costly. The bumper covers are something they can change without too much expense, and mfr's commonly do that in MM freshenings. I'm just interested in how much they'll upgrade the interior materials.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 PM

My apologies if I misunderstood your post.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

What do you guys want in the interior? Wood? Leather on the doors? Im not really that thrilled by that bc every car with leather has that. I like whats different about this car I guess.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:43 PM

My apologies if I misunderstood your post.
Its all good, im happy with my 04 the way it is. Im not a big fan of the stuff they are changing except the front bumper.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:22 PM

Mike_TX - The changes are indeed subtle. Like you, I did not really see much difference until I took out my magnifying glass and looked 'beyond the tape'.

The tape makes the new grill look about the same size as the current one. It may not be. The tape may have been intentionally placed to cover part of the bumper just below the grille, making the opening look about the same size as the current Maxima. But the opening maw well be smaller. The new opening could be an inch or more smaller measured vertically on each end. If so, the new grille may not fill the current opening. But the replacement of the tooth with stylized converging swept bars will be appreciated by most Maxima fans.

I like the new seven spoke wheels. They are very nice.

The hood cutout around the headlights has been resculpted, and now almost has an 'eyebrow' effect.

I really like the redesign of the lower front. I was never enamoured with the current layout. I will miss the cornering lights; I use them frequently, even for such mundane things as to find my newspaper in the ditch beside the driveway early in the morning.

The larger spoiler will be liked by lots of folks. Many here have expressed dissatisfaction with the current small one.

I like the 'break' across the rear bumper. The current one was just too much unbroken expanse; made the car look tail-heavy.

It will be interesting to see exactly how the bottom of the rear bumper has changed. All one can tell from the spy photo is that where the current bumper creased in at the bottom, the new one will crease out.

But I feel the really big changes will be inside. I think the interior will have very noticable changes.

I feel this represents a a substantial makeover when one considers it is just a 'refreshning' to hold sales until the totally redesigned generation eight arrives as the '09 in spring of '08.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 AM
RVC

I hope they don't change it much over the next few years, if they do the re-sale value of ours will plummet.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 AM

Thanks, Light - I thought maybe I was missing something big. The retooling will come with the '09 model (fall of '08), so this is just a freshening to keep the sales from going stale. That said, you can bet there won't be any 'significant' changes for '07.

The exception could well be the interior, although I don't see them changing the general layout ... again, too expensive for a MM freshening. But they may add a doo-dad or two and apply better-quality materials to the instrument panel and interior surfaces.

They've already made some nice changes in the '05 and '06 models, so anything else they do will be gravy!

Quick Reply: Any more news on '07 Maxima?