6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Help with Grille Selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Help with Grille Selection

Alright guys. I have been waiting patiently for someone (RedlineMax) or (ActiveTuning) to come out with a grille. I am a little impaitent now, and i understand the problems both companies have run into to get these products out there for us, no no bad feelings besides a little disappointment that i have to wait even longer to get a new grille on my car. I really want to get rid of that nasty tooth on my car, i really cant stand it on there.. No offense to those who like it, just a personal opinion.

I need a black powder coated one, and i think i will go with the one DuesExMaxima has on his car now.. Dues if you are out there please let me know where you got yours from, and where i might get one for a good price.

If RL or AT comes out with it next month, then i might consider waiting just a bit longer, as long as it is the beginning of the month (March). Again no arguement toward both.

I just want a cheap fix, but not shabby, until i can buy a better product like the RL or AT-S4.1...

Thanks guys as usual for all your help.. LAter..
Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 PM
SuPeRmOd

cheap fix? i'll sell you mine cheap (lost 3 teeth) and you can practice painting it, then paint your oem black!!

there was a thread asking opinions awhile ago with photochopped examples. keeping the chrome frame and painting all the "teeth" black would hide the center one better IMO.

you can atleast save $ and wait for the one you like of the 2 when they come out.

I think the all mesh one is available on Stillen aswell as elsewhere as Street Scene grille?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
cheap fix? i'll sell you mine cheap (lost 3 teeth) and you can practice painting it, then paint your oem black!!

there was a thread asking opinions awhile ago with photochopped examples. keeping the chrome frame and painting all the "teeth" black would hide the center one better IMO.

you can atleast save $ and wait for the one you like of the 2 when they come out.

I think the all mesh one is available on Stillen aswell as elsewhere as Street Scene grille?

Yeah they (Stillen / Street Scene) cost about $250-$300, which i think is ridiculas for a mesh grill.. Anyone out there have one for sale? Agin has to be powdercoated black.. I dont think the AT or RL grilles will be availible till late spring, or June-July.. thats still 4-5 months away.. ARG!! I just cant stand the tooth, and i would not waste my time painting it black, but thanks nismo for the offer bro... Thanks for your help.... LAter.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:59 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...36491053QQrdZ1
Heres some grille I found on ebay that I havent seen on a 6th gen yet. Maybe it just came out. Anyways, it would look hot will the border piece and middle painted body color with the mesh powdercoated black.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

MAXIMA-GHOST: I got my grill at Stillen. Its a Street Scene grill and I am very very pleased with it. I also got it powerdercoated gloss black at a local place for $75 same day. I also got a lower matching grill which fits the car if u have the Stillen lip spoiler. WAKKUS also has my set up but without powdercoating and it looks great on his Majestic Blue Max. Actually, I copied his lower grill set up. He discovered that it fit.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
MAXIMA-GHOST: I got my grill at Stillen. Its a Street Scene grill and I am very very pleased with it. I also got it powerdercoated gloss black at a local place for $75 same day. I also got a lower matching grill which fits the car if u have the Stillen lip spoiler. WAKKUS also has my set up but without powdercoating and it looks great on his Majestic Blue Max. Actually, I copied his lower grill set up. He discovered that it fit.

thanks deus.. still its about 127 from stillen, so i will just look for another offer from a member or find it somewhere... ARG!!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Alright guys. I have been waiting patiently for someone (RedlineMax) or (ActiveTuning) to come out with a grille. I am a little impaitent now, and i understand the problems both companies have run into to get these products out there for us, no no bad feelings besides a little disappointment that i have to wait even longer to get a new grille on my car. I really want to get rid of that nasty tooth on my car, i really cant stand it on there.. No offense to those who like it, just a personal opinion.

I need a black powder coated one, and i think i will go with the one DuesExMaxima has on his car now.. Dues if you are out there please let me know where you got yours from, and where i might get one for a good price.

If RL or AT comes out with it next month, then i might consider waiting just a bit longer, as long as it is the beginning of the month (March). Again no arguement toward both.

I just want a cheap fix, but not shabby, until i can buy a better product like the RL or AT-S4.1...

Thanks guys as usual for all your help.. LAter..
RedLineMax new grill comes powder coated with a superior mesh like the Cadi CTS-V. The RedLineMax grill going on mine next week will be powder coated as well. I'm shooting for a look similar to this except my rims are gunmetal to better match my tint...

Old 02-12-2006, 01:09 AM
*moderator*

Yes, the RL grill will be ready sooner than you think. RL should be posting for sale/ ready to ship thread real soon. Obviously you know where I would want you to go...
Old 02-12-2006, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Yes, the RL grill will be ready sooner than you think. RL should be posting for sale/ ready to ship thread real soon. Obviously you know where I would want you to go...

HOLY BAT *****, BATMAN!!!! WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!! I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!! LOL.....
Old 02-12-2006, 09:24 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Originally Posted by Glude
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...36491053QQrdZ1
Heres some grille I found on ebay that I havent seen on a 6th gen yet. Maybe it just came out. Anyways, it would look hot will the border piece and middle painted body color with the mesh powdercoated black.
The front plate says E&G on it?..... dont they make all the bentley style grilles for the chrysler 300's and if so that is cheap if in fact that this guy from PA. is selling an actual E&G kit but good find anyway
Old 02-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Im going to be biased and tell you to wait for the ActiveTuning S4.1. I know its a long wait but you might regret it. Or you can go for the original S4 grill that I went with (which I may say has both good looks and excellent craftsmanship), but you might not like the whole similar tooth look.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BLAXIMA2K4
Im going to be biased and tell you to wait for the ActiveTuning S4.1. I know its a long wait but you might regret it. Or you can go for the original S4 grill that I went with (which I may say has both good looks and excellent craftsmanship), but you might not like the whole similar tooth look.
That's straight up great advice. Never rush, see what's out there, go with what YOU like then decide. You'll sleep better...

Everyone is different and most times it's OK...

If not, we'll let you know...
Old 02-12-2006, 06:26 PM

Yeah thanks guys, for being there for me... I just had someone tell me great car, but the front of it looks like poop (because of the tooth).. Needed a kick in the head ..... I guess i will have to wait, but thanks for all the help and sound advice... LAter.........
Old 02-12-2006, 10:49 PM

I myself am in the same boat you are Ghost. Im looking for a black powdercoated grill, in order to further my process of blacking out my onyx max.

I guess I should just stay posted in this thread to see what turns up.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by BlackMax06
I myself am in the same boat you are Ghost. Im looking for a black powdercoated grill, in order to further my process of blacking out my onyx max.

I guess I should just stay posted in this thread to see what turns up.
If you want any kind of Black advice, hit up Deus (post#5) that dude is the Prince of Darkness...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by BLAXIMA2K4

any idea as to when the new s4.1 is going to come out? im seriously thinking about getting the grill that they offer now.... that shiet is HAWT !
Old 02-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

holy cow- that grille from E&G classics is $396- I just called out of curiosity- I'm waiting for Redline Max's- smoke in color with free floating chrome burger in middle. Peace.