6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

squeak from the rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 03:55 PM

squeak from the rear

It has been about 2 months since I have installed my PROGRESS RSB on my 05 max and now there is a squeak when ever I go over a bump or dip. It has gotten very loud and almost embarresing especially when in a parking lot . I used the lubrication that was given with the RSB... and I have no idea where the squeak is coming from.
1. has anyone else had this problem after intalling their RSB?
2. any solutions for this problem?

thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tototee999
It has been about 2 months since I have installed my PROGRESS RSB on my 05 max and now there is a squeak when ever I go over a bump or dip. It has gotten very loud and almost embarresing especially when in a parking lot . I used the lubrication that was given with the RSB... and I have no idea where the squeak is coming from.

thanks in advance!
My car is going back to the dealer for the 2nd time for this very same problem, squeaking over speed bumps and dips. I don't have an aftermarket RSB, just stock, but they did the same thing by lubing it up. Since it's still squeaking, i'm taking it back.

I'll post an update after I get back from the dealer.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Not for rookies!!

Originally Posted by tototee999

thanks in advance!
I am having the same problem too.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:01 AM
SuPeRmOd

did you use all the lube on the RSB bushings? either way, get some more and apply it.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
did you use all the lube on the RSB bushings? either way, get some more and apply it.
This is just one item the dealer will be looking at, but 'm sure that's exactly what they'll do, lube it up a little more.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Make sure they use a proper bushing lubricant. There are ones made just for that purpose, and they are not cheap. Somewhere around $80 for an 8oz tube.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i got the same sound in the front only when i go over big bumps.

does anyone know if the warrenty covers your suspension problems.

till what milage will they cover it
Old 03-04-2006, 09:23 AM

I would say its your shocks squeaking and not the rsb.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 AM
SuPeRmOd

I wonder if it's your sub-frame but you shouldn't have salted winter roads.

Agreed Glude, may also be the shocks or springs. OG MAXima the front may be your struts or maybe even your door like a few others. you can always call Nissan about what is covered for how long.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:55 AM

Well I can just say that when I use to get in my car I would hear a squeaking noise when I plopped down, after I replaced the rears with the AGX's there hasnt been any noise.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Newbie just Registered

Progress bar on my car has a slight imperfection where one of the bushings is, sort off a bump and flat spot. I took it off and regreased and the noise went away. Try that for those that squeak w/ Progress.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the advice! I used white grease, specifically meant for rubber and metal contact, and the noise went away.. hopefully for good!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:38 PM
The "Other" project

I was thinking that I was the only one with the squeak, dont really notice it while driving though only when I park it and get my fat a## out. I had it up on the rack cleaning yesterday and noticed some rust around the RSB mounts, have to see if I can get it to the dealer
Old 03-08-2006, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Glude
Well I can just say that when I use to get in my car I would hear a squeaking noise when I plopped down, after I replaced the rears with the AGX's there hasnt been any noise.
mine car does this to when i go to get out to, dont notice it much when i plop down, what did u replace in the Rear, What is AGX's

mine car does this to when i go to get out more, i dont notice it much when i plop down, what did u replace in the Rear, What is AGX's, where can i locate the RSb, i am kinda a noob
Old 03-08-2006, 06:50 AM

Took my car to the dealer for the "squeaks" and they ended up lubing the RSB again. Haven't gone over too many speed bumps or major dips which is where i'd notice it, but it seems quite a bit quieter.

Perhaps some of you would know this, but the service advisor at Nissan, told me they should be charging me for these adjustments and that they've been doing them for me as a couresy per say. I mentioned my car was under 3/36, but he then printed out and showed me warranty coverage that after 12,500 miles, items like this that needs "adjustments" should/can be charged for.

Now i've had my extremly noisy weather stripping looked at for noise, which they said they adjusted the door (not quite sure how much adjusting you can do there to make it seal better ), but on the RSB???!!! that's a suspension component which should be covered longer unless i'm mistaken!?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Mine does this also everytime somebody gets in the car. I notice that it won't happen if I don't set the Ebrake. This issue only started to happen since I put in the drilled/slotted rotors. I'm about to put the stock rotors back soon and will see what happen.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:21 PM

I think it will still do it.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:53 PM

I posted the same about 2 months ago, after 3 times in the Nissan Service Center, finally the squeak dissapeared, when I called to asked what they finally did it, they just told me that they re-adjusted all rear suspension.

Since the first time I went to check that, they ordered some parts, some bushings annd others, today, I'm still waiting for them to call me telling me that the parts arrived, but now that I know that I don;t need them, I won't go.

First thing I thought when I heard the noise was that it was caused by the Rear Anti-Sway Bar and as far as I can see here, most if not all of us complaining about the squeak, have the Rear Anti-Sway Bar, coincidence?, I don't think so. Only thing that bothers me is that when I asked them if they re-adjusted or did something with the Bar, they told me that they didn't even looked at it.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by OG MAXima
i got the same sound in the front only when i go over big bumps.

does anyone know if the warrenty covers your suspension problems.

till what milage will they cover it
There is a rubber boot in the front that creaks in its neutral position. A local dealer here is gorilla gluing this boot into its neutral position and the creaking will go away. I had mine in for the creak and the service manager jacked with this boot when it was on the rack trying to diagnose the problem. Then we went for a spin and it didn't make the noise. He realized that he had knocked the boot out of its neutral position and he said that when the noise came back, he would gorilla glue it. I am going to have this done next week.