6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

double din dash kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 AM

so there is not a kit out that matches the 05-06 dash?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I found a double din kit my brothers this is the web site

http://www.scosche.com/scosche/insta...its/NN1494.asp
Old 09-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Where is the face plate? No pictures of that shown.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:42 PM

not sure, but i think that the factory info screen is double din size so you can pop the stereo right in there, if there is enough space in the back
Old 10-03-2006, 07:53 PM

how about 07? Anybody know if Metra is planning on making a double din kit for it? I notice that Metra doesn't have one for 06...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:44 PM

question for you guys. can't we just have the installer cut the original faceplate to fit a double din in it just like we'd cut the metra kit to fit it?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by TrojanNemo
question for you guys. can't we just have the installer cut the original faceplate to fit a double din in it just like we'd cut the metra kit to fit it?
which year of Maxima are you referring to? There are kits out there up till 06 to do a single din, but not double din.

Crutchfield #
120997404 Nissan Kit 2004-Up, E
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OvWG56g...sp?i=120997404

However, if you dremel off the top CD compartment of the kit, i THINK you can fit a double din unit in there.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 AM
mixshows

because of the holes on for the buttons, when you remove the stereo youll be left with half a hole to fill, look at ur stock bezel, imagin where the radio would go and u would notice 2 circles that will be left open on the right and left of radio bezel .

Old 10-05-2006, 09:38 AM
mixshows

damn i want to install an aftermarket radio but i will hold off till we get a real 05 replacement kit, im not goin to murder the interior by putting regular gray next to brushed aluminum.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by mixshows
damn i want to install an aftermarket radio but i will hold off till we get a real 05 replacement kit, im not goin to murder the interior by putting regular gray next to brushed aluminum.
Do you think that's ever gonna happen? Metraoline is one of the largest aftermarket kit maker and if that's what we have for 05 right now, I don't see that changing. I dont' think you can get a real brushed Alumimum dash conversion kit anywhere as a standard off-the-shelf product. Maybe custom...but then you are looking at $$$.

I have done a lot of research recently on this because I want to get an 07 and mod my own one din 7" touch screen (slide out) and there is nothing out there. As far as 05-06, the above bazel is what's available out there. 2 years later, if that's only thing out there, they are probalby not gonna release anything new....that's just my guess.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
mixshows

Originally Posted by TheBigDog
Do you think that's ever gonna happen? Metraoline is one of the largest aftermarket kit maker and if that's what we have for 05 right now, I don't see that changing. I dont' think you can get a real brushed Alumimum dash conversion kit anywhere as a standard off-the-shelf product. Maybe custom...but then you are looking at $$$.

I have done a lot of research recently on this because I want to get an 07 and mod my own one din 7" touch screen (slide out) and there is nothing out there. As far as 05-06, the above bazel is what's available out there. 2 years later, if that's only thing out there, they are probalby not gonna release anything new....that's just my guess.

damn that stinks...SOMEONE needs to come up with a REAL solution

thanks for the input man

Old 10-05-2006, 06:39 PM

that's very discouraging to hear. how badly does the metra kit look? the guys at Cartronics basically told me they would be cutting the metra to fit the oem screen there, but they didnt tell me it wouldnt match the interior! and you guys say there's more to it than just cutting the space between the cassette and the cd changer? cause i can't really see the difference and it would be a huge difference in the end result!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:54 AM

that's very discouraging to hear. how badly does the metra kit look? the guys at Cartronics basically told me they would be cutting the metra to fit the oem screen there, but they didnt tell me it wouldnt match the interior! and you guys say there's more to it than just cutting the space between the cassette and the cd changer? cause i can't really see the difference and it would be a huge difference in the end result!
Well from the look of it, it is a silver plastic bazel (aftermarket). It should look pretty professional, however, by no means it will be Aluminum. What year of Maxima do you have? And what exactly are you trying to do to you dash?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:55 PM

i have a 2006 SL with the wood trim, so i dont have as much of that brushed look in my car. however, thinking about it really makes it seem like it'll stand out like a sore thumb. cause the top part and the bottom compartment door will be brushed while the rest will be a flat silver?
anyways. what i'm trying to do is cut the metra kit to fit the oem screen in there and put a dvd player where the oem screen is right now.
question for you guys. can i have the installer cut my original bezel to fit the oem screen and just leave the two buttons on the side without working? i think that's a better alternative to having the different material sticking out
Old 10-07-2006, 07:25 AM

it is not that noticible. most people don't notice till I say sometihing about it. It bothers me becasue I am just picky like that. I am getting ready to have all the pieces covered in real aluminum if my metal guy can get it thin enough to vaccum form it to the stock piece.