6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Struct bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:00 PM

Struct bars

do the nissan maxima 05's have front struct bars and back?
cause i am installing eibach springs but i would like to install structs too just to be on the safe side and the oem struct bar blow
Old 06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i believe with some modification the stillen STRUT bar fits 05's.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:10 PM

come on ppl post some insight ?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:04 AM

I have the Stillen FrontStrutTowerBar on my 05 and had to do quite a bit of filing (as per included instructions) so that my bar would not rub on the intake in reverse, and not touch the hood. I have the Progress RearSwayBar in the back and its amazing. I haven't touch the front sway bar. Looks like a real pain to replace. I will be lowering my ride next week with Progress springs and KYB. Are you just replacing the springs? No shocks?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 AM

Your post really doesnt make any sense, I assume a "struct" bar means STRUT bar. This part cannot blow. Your front struts can, as well as your rear shocks. The front strut bar has nothing to do with failing struts or shocks.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

I still don't know how people who sound like they have less then a 6th grade education can afford 6th gens..
Old 06-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by nyjohnny
do the nissan maxima 05's have front struct bars and back?
cause i am installing eibach springs but i would like to install structs too just to be on the safe side and the oem struct bar blow
If your car is still under warrenty, you may want to hold off on replacing your Struts. Even with Eibachs, members still have had their Struts covered under warranty.

Also try and be more specific on which parts your referring too because like Glude stated, it is somewhat confusing.

Struts, Anti-Sway bars and Strut braces are three different things.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:50 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I still don't know how people who sound like they have less then a 6th grade education can afford 6th gens..
MOMMY AND DADDY
Old 06-12-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Werkin the corner yo. Then going home to Mommy and Daddy.

CM
Old 06-12-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
MOMMY AND DADDY
True, but please don't say that ALL of those people have no idea what they are talking about..............because I know a pretty good amount for "my age." Not trying to be "stuck-up" or anything just trying to defend the people that have their "mommy and daddy" buy them their cars but actually know what they are talking about as well.

Dan
Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 PM

i paid for the down payment and doin monthly payments myself thanks
hint: working summers and saving money does the trick
and for the "strut" i misspelled a word sue me. when im your age ill drive a nicer car and have more knowledge bout cars then you
dont want to be rude but i dont show respect to people who show me none
Old 06-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Not for rookies!!

and for the "strut" i misspelled a word sue me. when im your age ill drive a nicer car and have more knowledge bout cars then you
Congratulations on being responsible enough to make those payments. But be careful about throwing out insults here young man. The fact is that spelling was not the only issue with your original post and your reply follows the same suit, fact is I got a slight migraine just trying to comprehend them.
Right now I recommend that you forget about trying to find more ways of modding your car and look into getting some grammar and sentence structure lessons. Then maybe, just maybe, you will be able to legitimately afford a nicer car by the time that you are our age.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Your post really doesnt make any sense, I assume a "struct" bar means STRUT bar. This part cannot blow. Your front struts can, as well as your rear shocks. The front strut bar has nothing to do with failing struts or shocks.

ya i actually neglected to post on this caus i didnt kno what struct bar was lol. i, myself, am another 6th gen owner whose parents payed for the car. ive found the best strategy in getting more ppl to answer ur nube questions is be POLITE and respectable. then more ppl want to help u out. just my two cents.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by UnMaTcHeD
Congratulations on being responsible enough to make those payments. But be careful about throwing out insults here young man. The fact is that spelling was not the only issue with your original post and your reply follows the same suit, fact is I got a slight migraine just trying to comprehend them.
Right now I recommend that you forget about trying to find more ways of modding your car and look into getting some grammar and sentence structure lessons. Then maybe, just maybe, you will be able to legitimately afford a nicer car by the time that you are our age.
funny *** black man
let me ask you a question have you ever been arrested throughout your lifetime?
Old 06-12-2006, 03:34 PM

Well good for you, I guess my paid off max, 06 murano, and new house dont count since we are now bragging about a "nicer car". Guess I should have just bought a BMW or Mercedes and lived with my parents instead of investing my money in a house. Good luck with having more knowledge than me in 4 years, I can see you are already on your way to learning.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Not for rookies!!

funny *** black man
let me ask you a question have you ever been arrested throughout your lifetime?
Ouch, what did I do, hit a nerve? Last month when you were pming me all the time for the paint code for your max my race was not an issue.
Resorting to racial comments will only get you booted, hope you enjoyed your stay here and to answer your question; No, I have never been arrested.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:55 PM

DAEMN!!!!!!!! What's with all the hostility here?! Come on now ya'll we're all 6th gen. owners, let's all be nice to each other!!! lol
Old 06-12-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
DAEMN!!!!!!!! What's with all the hostility here?! Come on now ya'll we're all 6th gen. owners, let's all be nice to each other!!! lol
We never have problems in these forums until Newbs come along and start posting BS and mouthing off.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
We never have problems in these forums until Newbs come along and start posting BS and mouthing off.
True, I hope none of that was towards me.....