6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Im Back! No Fx For Me!! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 05:52 PM

Im Back! No Fx For Me!! :-)

Deal at Infiniti fell through! I had agreed with them on 21k trade in for my car "stock" format and 37k for the FX 35 MSRP of 41 and change. Today when I arrive, the car that I wanted, so they said was coming in was Silver/on tan! WTF!!! I wanted Silver on Black! Strike 1, next they said they could not give me 21k for my car anymore, because it had 500 miles more than when I went to place the deposit, now they wanted to give me 19.5k , Strike 2, not happy, and when it came to price of the car, they changed the ball for stike 3 and so to make a long story short, i told them to "f" themselves, I was keeping the max.

I was a new car salesman at a Dodge Dealer in miami, never ever have I seen this much sh*t come out of some managers mouth. B/S after B/S, I keep my car and got back my 1k bucks. I now how to handle a car transaction, but once they started changing things as soon as i saw the FX, i new something was up. They completely low balled me, and played with me. Sucked Sucked Sucked. They deal fell apart in like 20 min's after I saw the car and it was the wrong color combo. I mean do they think they can just switch people and mess around with them this way.
So I am glad this kinda happened, the wifey wanted me to get a truck for the baby and all, so they baby would be comfy, damn that I keep the MAX, and call it a day.

So car in demodding discontinued!!!
VQ
Old 07-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Dealers can be a pain in the ***, I know, I work for one!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM
SuPeRmOd

wow, a lot of let down buyers in the classifieds section FTL
Old 07-23-2006, 06:17 PM

Been there done that, I was a salesman, should have known better, but being that i bought a G35 Coupe new from them, they might have treated me better. whoda thought??
VQ
Old 07-23-2006, 06:17 PM

Welcome Back! We misssed ya

Not a loss at all, you get to keep your baby!

We looked at a g-35 and got the same form of treatment. I wasn't thrilled with trading my Max, but my twin sister wanted matching cars, and we agreed on the G! All said and done, same garbage! I am so glad it didn't happen. I love this car more and more everyday.

Carry on and let the modding continue!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
wow, a lot of let down buyers in the classifieds section FTL
What do you want me to tell you car, had parts off already...So you think they are let down, how about the me??? I already apoligized to all the potential buyer... Not my fault. "Sh*t happens"
Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Welcome Back! We misssed ya

Not a loss at all, you get to keep your baby!

We looked at a g-35 and got the same form of treatment. I wasn't thrilled with trading my Max, but my twin sister wanted matching cars, and we agreed on the G! All said and done, same garbage! I am so glad it didn't happen. I love this car more and more everyday.

Agreed!! Deep down I felt bad getting rid of the MAxima, I love it! Took me almost 2yrs and 7g's to get her to where she is at now. Im glad it didnt happen as well, next week Gr2's installed for my MAx!!

Old 07-23-2006, 07:18 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Welcome home or back home. I know your frustration with these dealers. They think that because it was the fx that you would jump all over it no matter what they pulled in. Silver with tan just doesn't sound like a good comdo. Infinity ranks high in customer service but the buying part is where they fall short. You worked hard on your max and and obviously your credit. I say f**k'em. I must say I drove the fx 45 it is one helluva vehicle.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by VQMAX05
So I am glad this kinda happened, the wifey wanted me to get a truck for the baby and all, so they baby would be comfy, damn that I keep the MAX, and call it a day.
VQ
I don't know man, my baby (7 months, see avatar) is super comfy in the back of the Max!! That's why I went Max instead of some sort of coupe, family planning!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:02 PM

I think the Max has the same amount of space as the FX to hold the kids and all of their gear. I have 2 kids, thank god we don't have to use strollers, diaper bags, etc anymore but with all of my work gear, golf clubs and baseball equipment in the trunk, I still get 24 MPG's with the AC on and the 4 of us ride very comfortably. When I need more room, I back out the Pathfinder LE.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

FX35 wuth Technology package is over $53K Can! Can you believe that?! 2 weeks ago the Canadian Dollar was trading at 8% of US. In other words we had to pay $1.08 for $1.00 US. If U guys think that U get scamed in the US imagine us poor sucks in Canada! $37 K US is just under 40K Can. Was this a new FX35 and did it have leather and all the goodies except maby the Nav option?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM

glad to hve you back i think its just cause i coudn't get anty of the peicve i wanted biuh teallyt glad to have you back,...lolxz welcome...
Old 07-23-2006, 11:38 PM

TAN upholstery in a SILVER vehicle? Has to be a mistake. Sounds like a factory reject. A silver exterior MUST have either black (charcoal) or gray (frost) as the interior color. For those who live 'on the edge', even an outlandish interior color such as red or blue would work better in a silver vehicle than tan.

Infiniti clearly was not using Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Alexander Julian or Christian Dior as their color co-ordinator. Probably got that color combo from Ralph Kramden (Honeymooners) or Janis Joplin or Phyllis Diller.

In 'olden' years, I have walked away from a 'done deal' over a last-minute 'adjustment' as paltry as $20 bucks. I probably put too much importance on the dealer's honesty and integrity, and suffer as a result. But I have had only pleasant experiences for years with my local Nissan dealer.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:00 AM

welcome back VQ. what stealership was it just out of curiosity? i'm still down to pass by to check out ur ride so let me know
Old 07-24-2006, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
TAN upholstery in a SILVER vehicle? Has to be a mistake. Sounds like a factory reject. A silver exterior MUST have either black (charcoal) or gray (frost) as the interior color. For those who live 'on the edge', even an outlandish interior color such as red or blue would work better in a silver vehicle than tan.

Infiniti clearly was not using Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Alexander Julian or Christian Dior as their color co-ordinator. Probably got that color combo from Ralph Kramden (Honeymooners) or Janis Joplin or Phyllis Diller.

In 'olden' years, I have walked away from a 'done deal' over a last-minute 'adjustment' as paltry as $20 bucks. I probably put too much importance on the dealer's honesty and integrity, and suffer as a result. But I have had only pleasant experiences for years with my local Nissan dealer.
Yeah I know, its weird, Silver on Tan...not nice... I even went online to verify. Im the same way, Its not the $20, its the principle and itegrity, behind the dealers way of doing things.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiBlackMax
welcome back VQ. what stealership was it just out of curiosity? i'm still down to pass by to check out ur ride so let me know
South Motors Infiniti,
Come on by and check out the max, she is nice and clean!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Z

Shame you got screwed out of the FX. Damn fine car. Probably one of the three best Nissan Co. has to offer.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

If you would have went through with the deal, Dealers call that "Rollin you up and throwing you in a ditch" it's a way of saying they fcuked you and made money. I hate doing business at stealerships. On the flip side, the Max is a very safe car for a family...
Old 07-24-2006, 08:41 AM

when i got up for work and saw my max sitting nice and clean, i thought to myself, "i am nuts" the max is one sick looking ride.... Glad it didnt happen...after all.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by chernmax
Dealers call that "Rollin you up and throwing you in a ditch"
I saw that ditch looming in the headlights when we went to close the deal on the '07.

First, they tried to switch the lease mileage from 15k/yr to 12k/yr, then they switched the lease from NMAC to another bank, which would have cost me the $500 NMAC loyalty waiver of excess wear/mileage on the '03.

I was about to get up and walk out without signing, but they came back with an offer to go 15k/yr on the miles if I "let them" buy out the '03 lease. They asked me to pay $200 more down, but it got me out of all of the excess wear/mileage charges. In the end it saved me about a grand, so I ended up happy instead of walking out. If they end up making a few bucks on the '03 (they are asking $19k for it as a Certified Pre-Owned after buying out the lease at $15k), good for them.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:07 AM

damn.. didnt even know you were thinking of selling the max..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

FX35 Pricing

Originally Posted by VQMAX05
when i got up for work and saw my max sitting nice and clean, i thought to myself, "i am nuts" the max is one sick looking ride.... Glad it didnt happen...after all.

Glad to have you back. Apparently after talking to a friend of mine here who sells Infiniti's at my local stealership, the G35's sold in the southern US have different trim levels & options. (I'm not talking color). Was the one you had your eyes on 2 wheel drive (Here they all come with x) and was yours all leather? Tilt & Telescoping Steering with VTC?

The FX45 is Rear Wheel Drive only.

The G35s with the Sport Package comes with: 19" Wheels and the 4 wheel steering (every bell and whistle) . Yes you read right 4 wheel steering package! Does not come with Navigation. Nav is not an available option! Go figure!

The info would be very usefull.

Thanks!