6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Squeaky Brake Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 06:15 PM
I piss on Civics.

Squeaky Brake Issue

Hey guys,

I had a quick question for you all. Maybe some of you can shed some light on this. I have an 06 that I bought in May. It has 5000 miles on it now. Every morning when i pull out of my driveway the brakes squeak everytime i brake. The squeaking doesnt go away until I have driven a few hundred feet. Ive noticed that if the car sits there for a while, some dust/rust does build up on the rotor itself. Is this normal or should I be worried? I haven't gone to the dealer yet since I figured the brakes were being worked in but this much time seems somewhat ludicrous. Am I in trouble or should I not be worried at all? Eventual plans involve a swap to a Brembro braking system but thats in a month or so. Thanks for the help guys

Old 08-30-2006, 11:32 PM

First of all.. sweet sig! Second, you shouldnt be worried, thats just the rust being cleared off the rotor from sitting. No reason not to go with the Brembo brake kit though! Wish I could afford one!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:27 AM

According to a Nissan Service guy, that is common for most of Nissan Cars, I got tired of the noise and decided to change the Pads first (Shipping was too much for us down here for the Brembo Rotors), I got the Axis Ultimate Plus, at least I haven't heard the noise since I replaced the Brake Pads, but now, after about a week, the noise comes from the Front Right Tire everytime I hit the brakes above 15 MPH.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by ecksy
Hey guys,

I had a quick question for you all. Maybe some of you can shed some light on this. I have an 06 that I bought in May. It has 5000 miles on it now. Every morning when i pull out of my driveway the brakes squeak everytime i brake. The squeaking doesnt go away until I have driven a few hundred feet. Ive noticed that if the car sits there for a while, some dust/rust does build up on the rotor itself. Is this normal or should I be worried? I haven't gone to the dealer yet since I figured the brakes were being worked in but this much time seems somewhat ludicrous. Am I in trouble or should I not be worried at all? Eventual plans involve a swap to a Brembro braking system but thats in a month or so. Thanks for the help guys

i've got an '06 purchased at the end of April (around the same time as yours) and i'm having the same thing. i'm not worried though, to me it sounded more like warming up the brakes, seeing that after 2-3 minutes it's gone altogether, and some days it doesnt even happen.
mind if i ask, how much did the dealer charge you to put the SE lip on your SL? i want to do that but not sure about the cost...
Old 08-31-2006, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by TrojanNemo
i've got an '06 purchased at the end of April (around the same time as yours) and i'm having the same thing. i'm not worried though, to me it sounded more like warming up the brakes, seeing that after 2-3 minutes it's gone altogether, and some days it doesnt even happen.
mind if i ask, how much did the dealer charge you to put the SE lip on your SL? i want to do that but not sure about the cost...
Never go to the stealership to do that, just go to nissanpart4u.com or courtesyparts.com or Ebay and choose the one you need and just go to a local Store that deals with Aftermarket parts they most of the time can do the job for you, you will save a couple of hundreds this way.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I piss on Civics.

Originally Posted by erasat
According to a Nissan Service guy, that is common for most of Nissan Cars, I got tired of the noise and decided to change the Pads first (Shipping was too much for us down here for the Brembo Rotors), I got the Axis Ultimate Plus, at least I haven't heard the noise since I replaced the Brake Pads, but now, after about a week, the noise comes from the Front Right Tire everytime I hit the brakes above 15 MPH.
yeah the brembo kit will be nice but still this situation seems kinda stupid.. oh well guess ill live with it
Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
I piss on Civics.

Originally Posted by TrojanNemo
yeah its not a big deal since it goes away after a few minutes but its all good I suppose.. thats not a picture of my car that I took.. i have almost the same thing though.. SL, 35% tint, and the SE spoiler.. the spoiler I bought from a nissan dealer by me for 115 installed. the dealer i bought the car from wanted 250 installed. good to shop around and/or go to courtesynissan.com
Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 PM

My '04 is having a similar squeaking brake issue, mainly at low speed and especially when backing out of the driveway or parking spot. I believe my front pads had just been replaced before I bought the car because they have lots of material left on them especially for 44k miles. I tried ruffing up the rotors in case they were glazed but that didn't fix it. I'm almost certain the "low pad alert" clips are not dragging the rotor either. My next try will be to take the pads out and check them and make sure everything is properly greased with the anti-squeal grease. Anyone else successfully resolved this?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:10 PM

I have Akebono ceramic pads bought from tirerack.com and I havenot heard a sound from them. I had aftermarket rotors+Axis pads, lasted about 2Kmiles. I put the OEM rotors back with Akebono. Everything is good ever since.
Just got a set of Yokohama S4 and now the braking is even better. After ~18Kmiles, the Akebono barely show much wear and hardly any dust. These pads came with all the shimmy pads and grease.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
First of all.. sweet sig! Second, you shouldnt be worried, thats just the rust being cleared off the rotor from sitting. No reason not to go with the Brembo brake kit though! Wish I could afford one!
Brembo brake kit as in all four rotors? Because i'm pretty sure that there isn't a BBK from Brembo for our cars yet, or am I missing something here?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
Brembo brake kit as in all four rotors? Because i'm pretty sure that there isn't a BBK from Brembo for our cars yet, or am I missing something here?
I heard a few guys on here talking about it, but I myself haven't seen one either. and even if I did.... I couldnt afford it! LOL