6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Worked on an 07 Maxima SE today..

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:17 PM

Worked on an 07 Maxima SE today..

I finally got my hands on a 07 maxima. Thoughts compairing it to a 06 TL

-Amazed at the body style, LOVED the dual exhaust and the complete restyle of the car.

-Mirrors both fold in and move out with a button. (Not on the TL)

-Steering wheel has a heated feature (TL doesn't)

-Navi screen looked amazing, still not touch screen. (TL has a better screen and its touch screen)

-Reverse sensor's I guess is standard. Both mirrors tilt down when in R. (TL only has 1 control for either or mirror to tilt down not both)

-FACTORY HID's (TL has the same)

-Most amazing feature you can have the key in your pocket and still start the car! (Nope TL doesn't)

-On the drivers side door and passenger side door there is a small button where you can unlock/roll your windows down as long as the keypad is on you. (TL doesn't)

-CVT transmission NEG side no manual trans anymore POSITIVE SIDE it soooooo damn smooth you CAN'T feel the thing shift at all. GREAT powerband, DEF had a nice zip to it. (TL has manual trans but not as smooth as the CVT)

-TL has a better interior, Maxima is a bigger car.

-VQ 3.5 engine, still the same with minor changes from the 04-06 years.

I did a oil change on it. Only has 1100 miles on it. CVT trans looks funky under the car lol. VQ engine has a way better oil pan set up. Rear is diff from the 04-06. Very quiet on the road test. VERY smooth. Not a bad car. OH BTW it was BLACK on BLACK and it was sexy. Customer spent 32k for the car.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Not for rookies!!

Nice write up man.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice report on the new Maxima. The one thing that you did not mention was your overall impression of the mechanicals of the especially the CVT.

I just took delivery of a new 07' Maxima that I ordered back on July 1st. The TL was on my short list but as soon as I test drove the new Maxima I was hooked and put a deposit on it.

I have to agree on the NAV System. The TL NAV is much easier to use than what is in my Maxima. Both the touch screen and the voice commands on the Acura make it a breeze to use.

While on the subject of NAV does anyone out there know why that if you have the in car navigation option you can't order a 07' Maxima with Satellite Radio? On the Nissan website if you configure the car with NAV it deletes the XM Radio. If you try to add the Satellite radio in a configured vehicle with NAV it will delete the NAV.

I ordered the car with the NAV option and was considering a XM universal receiver. The factory installed Bose radio still has the SAT button and the dealer says they can add the OEM Nissan XM receiver for about $450.00.

Does anyone know why technical or otherwise that a 07' Maxima can not be ordered with NAV and XM radio? One interesting item to note is that the 06' Maxima could be ordered with NAV and XM.

Is the dealer correct that the OEM Nissan XM receiver can still be added to my 07' Maxima? The last thing want to do is to have a service tech tear the car apart and then find out that for some unknown technical issue find out that it can't be installed or worse cause some damage trying to install it.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:22 AM

If im not mistaken, I do believe this car had XM radio with navi. He had the XM receiver on the roof top, painted the same color as the car. I could be wrong and again that just could be for the navi. Under the hood everything is easy to get to. The TL has about 5 pieces of plastic that cover up everything. Exhaust on those things aren't that bad. They are pretty much the same size all the way to the exhaust. The TL has a bad setup, it goes from large to smaller piping towards the exhaust.

Gauges were this nice red color, everything seemed easy enough to use. Navi I didnt get to involved in. Center console looks great. Very quiet interior. Single piston calipers. On the TL if you get a 6-speed you get the upgraded brembo front brakes.

Struts in the front are still the same design. Except rears. At this point I can't remember anything else. Not sure if any of the 04-06 have rear ac vents but this one did.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by SMX95
If im not mistaken, I do believe this car had XM radio with navi. He had the XM receiver on the roof top, painted the same color as the car. I could be wrong and again that just could be for the navi. Under the hood everything is easy to get to. The TL has about 5 pieces of plastic that cover up everything. Exhaust on those things aren't that bad. They are pretty much the same size all the way to the exhaust. The TL has a bad setup, it goes from large to smaller piping towards the exhaust.

Gauges were this nice red color, everything seemed easy enough to use. Navi I didnt get to involved in. Center console looks great. Very quiet interior. Single piston calipers. On the TL if you get a 6-speed you get the upgraded brembo front brakes.

Struts in the front are still the same design. Except rears. At this point I can't remember anything else. Not sure if any of the 04-06 have rear ac vents but this one did.
2-piston calipers front like the Perf and up 350Z would be nice as stock brakes. Nissan should offer a 4-piston calipers as an option on ALL SE models. Nice write up, I'll get around to drive one soon. I'm seeing more and more '07 around me.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Goliveira
Nice report on the new Maxima. The one thing that you did not mention was your overall impression of the mechanicals of the especially the CVT.

I just took delivery of a new 07' Maxima that I ordered back on July 1st. The TL was on my short list but as soon as I test drove the new Maxima I was hooked and put a deposit on it.

I have to agree on the NAV System. The TL NAV is much easier to use than what is in my Maxima. Both the touch screen and the voice commands on the Acura make it a breeze to use.

While on the subject of NAV does anyone out there know why that if you have the in car navigation option you can't order a 07' Maxima with Satellite Radio? On the Nissan website if you configure the car with NAV it deletes the XM Radio. If you try to add the Satellite radio in a configured vehicle with NAV it will delete the NAV.

I ordered the car with the NAV option and was considering a XM universal receiver. The factory installed Bose radio still has the SAT button and the dealer says they can add the OEM Nissan XM receiver for about $450.00.

Does anyone know why technical or otherwise that a 07' Maxima can not be ordered with NAV and XM radio? One interesting item to note is that the 06' Maxima could be ordered with NAV and XM.

Is the dealer correct that the OEM Nissan XM receiver can still be added to my 07' Maxima? The last thing want to do is to have a service tech tear the car apart and then find out that for some unknown technical issue find out that it can't be installed or worse cause some damage trying to install it.
I have the NAV and had the dealer install Sirius. It is fully integrated and has a nice display for the NAV.

Nick
Old 09-09-2006, 03:10 PM

Nick anything else I missed. This car came in for service not for a real test drive.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:12 AM

No, that was a pretty good review/comparison. The only thing I would say is with the NAV, touch screen is only realy nice when entering street names. However, it becomes a huge pain to then keep clean, especially if you use it alot.

So far, I have 3000 miles on my 6 week old car, which includes 2 500+ mile trips, and I am extremely happy I chose the Maxima over the TL.

Nick