6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

'07 versus '04

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jc53
Are there any '04 owners who have moved up to an '07? Just curious as to your feedback. My lease is about to come up, and I am considering an '07 amongst other options. Can't decide whether to stay with the Max and keep the payments down or move up to the next level (G35X, Lexus 350GS, etc.).

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
To answer your original question I must include a quote from ealier in this thread. Maxima is Sport with Class. You won't find anything as roomy, sporty, and fun to drive for $30K. This is why I have not owned anything else in the last 13 years. I traded my '94 for an '04 and my '04 for the '07. The main reasons for the '04 to the '07 were the front end redesign, suspension in the SE rides much better over bumps, new front seats hug you through turns.

Only negative would be that my miles per fillup have gone down by about 40 miles per tank. I was under the impression that the CVT would actually provide better gas mileage. This was experienced even during the breakin period when I was taking it easy on the engine.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

go with the new g35 sedan...i drove my gm's demo..he has an x model and let me tell you the car is a rocket ship...the build quaility is also phenominal. I drive these cars all day, and i used to love the m45 alot, but the new g35 sedan feels like much more of a well built car. only problem with the new g35 in my eyes is its a little cramped inside, worse then the previous model actually.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Those of you who appreciate the warmth should check out a Volvo. My Volvo's seats have two settings - roast and broil - and the heater will blast hot air within two blocks from home. Must be geared for those Scandinavian winters.

Personally, I'd love to see a refrigerated wheel/shifter - you can't touch those things here in Charlotte during July & August. Thirteen years here and I still can't deal with the summer heat.

JC53 - Good luck with the '07! I suspect that heated seats/wheel will be appreciated "north of Boston"!
I know what you mean about the volvo. My friend had one and flipped the heated seat switch on without me looking and I thought I was about to die!

They do have cooled seats now, though. Infiniti has had them since either 2002 or 2003, but it's starting to become a lot more common. It's only a matter of time before they show up in a max. Cooled steering wheel, on the other hand...well maybe that's for the next decade
Old 01-31-2007, 05:45 PM

I recently leased a new 07, turned in my 04 5 days ago. Considered the G35 (much to tight inside) and the M. The new Max is quite a car. Much smoother ride, tighter and more gadgets than the old 04. Seems larger and more lux. Not much difference in the gadgets and the M considering the price. If you are looking for a good bargin, stick to the Max. I'm truly satisified.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I believe an IS350 would stomp all over an M45 from 0-60 and in the qtr...get the M if you want an even bigger car than the 6th gen, get the IS if you want quickness and speed. I googled and came up with this IS-F thats coming out...0-60 in less than 4.9 seconds with a 400HP V8, the 350 is quoted to be around 5.3 seconds. Look at the kit o this thing too, its absolutly sick...i dont think anyone on here would want an M45 over this thing.
LOL LOL LOL you know how much you talking about??? lol maybe 50 000 and more thats a way to much for many people why not wait until supercharger or turbo come out for our max?????
Old 01-31-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by SEGirl
LOL LOL LOL you know how much you talking about??? lol maybe 50 000 and more thats a way to much for many people why not wait until supercharger or turbo come out for our max?????

Man I love that Is-F. I've been waiting on that bad boy to hit the streets for the last 6 months and yeah I know it's not coming out until 08. But that's my next ride.

Oh, my neighbor across the street has a 07 GS430 and a IS 350 and those things are so nice it's unreal.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by mdfergus
I recently leased a new 07, turned in my 04 5 days ago. Considered the G35 (much to tight inside) and the M. The new Max is quite a car. Much smoother ride, tighter and more gadgets than the old 04. Seems larger and more lux. Not much difference in the gadgets and the M considering the price. If you are looking for a good bargin, stick to the Max. I'm truly satisified.
Welcome to the Org...
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 PM

Every time I see an IS350, my first thought is 'early Suzuki'. And I have never been a big fan of Suzuki styling. The overall impression is of a two door vehicle with a sharp forward tilt.

Unless the IS350 changed in the last few months (since I last looked into one), I consider it to be a two person vehicle. It has four doors, but only children would be comfortable in that cramped back seat. Several publications have agreed with me on that.

Put another way, the IS350 will never be included in a comprehensive test of family sedans. And there is always that little factor of price working against it, also.

An IS350 would be about as useful to me as a two door Corvair. Comparing it with a Maxima is totally meaningless.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Max07Ridr
Maybe some of us do...park are baby's outside...and maybe some of us like to keep one and on the wheel and the other on the shifter.... hey im just postn a suggestion, trust me if Nissan had an OEM heated shifter, I wouldn't be the only one who would jump on that whether or not its auto or stick...lol
i
10 degree high in Buffalo this weekend, there have been single digit mornings here, and when the daily high is 10, it is zero at night....even in the garage the water stays frozen on the car...this is where once you own a heated wheel, you'll never buy another car without it. I feel like its crazy now when i get in a car and cant warm my hands on the hot wheel while the rest of my shivers! Long live the heated wheel
Old 02-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SEGirl
Yeah, 50,000, like the car im comparing it to, the M45, also 50,000. Were you on something when you wrote this post? LOL LOL LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

From 04 to 07

I stepped up from the 04 MaxSE to the 07SE, and I'm glad I did.

The car feels more refined, I especially like the new seatbacks.

I only have 800 miles on it so far, so I havent really "got down" on the gas, but the CVT really feels different, and the ride feels more refined. I wish they had improved the turning radius though.

The dealer I leased from ($299 mo. 2 year lease) said they stopped the "SkyView" roof, so my car has the sunroof. Is this true?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 AM

Just moved up to 07 from 04 max. Lease ran out and was considering an M but a bit pricy for my pocketbook. Love the new 07. Many new features that rival the M and the CVT is extremely smooth. At least test one before you decide.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by brrblackmaxed
I wish they had improved the turning radius though.
With the wide tires on the SE and the front wheel drive, they are limited as to how far the front wheels can be turned to the side. Don't expect any improvement in turning radius until one or both of these changes.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by brrblackmaxed
I stepped up from the 04 MaxSE to the 07SE, and I'm glad I did.

The car feels more refined, I especially like the new seatbacks.

I only have 800 miles on it so far, so I havent really "got down" on the gas, but the CVT really feels different, and the ride feels more refined. I wish they had improved the turning radius though.

The dealer I leased from ($299 mo. 2 year lease) said they stopped the "SkyView" roof, so my car has the sunroof. Is this true?
Good luck!

If the skyroof is not available, it's a recent production change of some sort... '07s have been available with it. Or it could be you wanted something that the dealer didn't have any of and they made up a story to keep you from walking.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hmm as far as looks, the new Maxima rear bumper is different. Cant it just be a direct swap onto the 04-06 Maximas?