6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I will be picking these wheels up on this up Saturday...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:59 AM

Old 04-23-2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
It looks ghetto fabulous

So I guess you mean, it looks good!

Especially since the GHETTO has changed the face of music world wide (Hip-hop started in the ghetto).

And since the GHETTO has changed the way most young people wear there clothes now-a-days (Hip-hop style...baggy jeans & boots. A style copied and stolen by those in the mainstream/suburbs).

And since the GHETTO has changed the way most company executives market there products (cars, clothes, jewelry, cell-phones, soft-drinks etc. etc.. etc...). All geard toward the younger generation. Just pay attention to your TV/Radio commercials

So I guess when you say: it looks GHETTO FABULOUS, what you are really saying is: If it comes from the hood, it's all good.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:49 AM
STFU n00b!

No, what he's saying is GHETTO = Fugly for most of us.

I won't begin to go into the ethnic connotations that can be made from who and what come from the ghetto... Suffice it to say, it was NOT a compliment as you're trying to turn it around to be.

Hey, it's your car and you can do what you want.. but we've all got differing styles and preferences. If you post it on here, don't get your panties in a wad when someone else doesn't like it. There are people that will give you props, but many others that will look at it and laugh.
baggy jeans? yuck. I'll stick with my Levis 501s and a belt, thanks.
hip-hop? yuck. you won't ever hear it on my system.
chrome rims? yuck. only shiny wheels on my car are because the paint was chipped so I stripped it off and polished the wheels.. and they're getting powdercoated again soon.

but it's your thing.. keep doing it and enjoy the freedom this country allows us to have. I'll keep doing mine, and everyone is happy.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 PM
KC's FINEST

You're proud... Show some pics. The other car you keep posting has 22's. I can't picture 20's looking too good w/o a drop.

Pic's?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
No, what he's saying is GHETTO = Fugly for most of us.

I won't begin to go into the ethnic connotations that can be made from who and what come from the ghetto... Suffice it to say, it was NOT a compliment as you're trying to turn it around to be.

Hey, it's your car and you can do what you want.. but we've all got differing styles and preferences. If you post it on here, don't get your panties in a wad when someone else doesn't like it. There are people that will give you props, but many others that will look at it and laugh.
baggy jeans? yuck. I'll stick with my Levis 501s and a belt, thanks.
hip-hop? yuck. you won't ever hear it on my system.
chrome rims? yuck. only shiny wheels on my car are because the paint was chipped so I stripped it off and polished the wheels.. and they're getting powdercoated again soon.

but it's your thing.. keep doing it and enjoy the freedom this country allows us to have. I'll keep doing mine, and everyone is happy.

I know it was not a compliment that was coming from him. I was stating facts.

Yes please, lets not get into what ethnic connotations that can be made from who and what comes from the ghetto. And who and what ethnic connotations that come from the suburbs, that go into the ghetto, to buy who or you know what, then go back to the suburbs, to do who or you know what with it. So yes, please lets not get into that.

But you are right. We all have our own styles, and opinions about what looks good, and what doesn't. Or what is good, or what isn't. This is true. To each his or her own.

Oh! And for the record, I don't wear panties. But I do wear boxers and baggy jeans. I enjoy the room that these 2 products allow for my above average size below the waste-line anatomy. It allows it to breath better, as appose to wearing the tight 501's. Just my opinion.

Last, thank God you were talking about powercosting your wheels, as appose to your right above the mouth anatomy. Because more than 70% of the you know what that's being illegally sold in the ghetto, is being bought by those who don't live there (suburbs). Just stating facts again.

Thank you for your time, and have a great day/night.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Just for the record:

Originally Posted by 2-DIE-4
Especially since the GHETTO has changed the face of music world wide (Hip-hop started in the ghetto).
...And now, it's a giant stamping plant for songs about hoes, crunk juice, fists full of cash, and expensive cars. Hardly the thoughtful, innovative stuff that started the movement.

And since the GHETTO has changed the way most young people wear there clothes now-a-days (Hip-hop style...baggy jeans & boots. A style copied and stolen by those in the mainstream/suburbs).
Do you actually know where that style came from originally? Because it sure as hell ain't the ghetto...

And since the GHETTO has changed the way most company executives market there products (cars, clothes, jewelry, cell-phones, soft-drinks etc. etc.. etc...). All geard toward the younger generation. Just pay attention to your TV/Radio commercials
They go where the money is. Hardly any indicator of taste.

So I guess when you say: it looks GHETTO FABULOUS, what you are really saying is: If it comes from the hood, it's all good.
Not really. Ghetto fabulous is ghetto fabulous. It's just a descriptor, like "red" or "big" or "loud". Whether you like it or not is up to you.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
You're proud... Show some pics. The other car you keep posting has 22's. I can't picture 20's looking too good w/o a drop.

Pic's?
I'm not going to post pictures as stated before until I'm finished my other mods.

Yes I know he has 22's. This you, I and others can clearly see. I also posted the reason why or why not me dropping my car. Thx!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Its just funny to see a car this nice done up like those hoopties in the hood with rims worth more then the car itself, it pains me to see it and I felt the need to say what came to mind. But of course, as long as your happy!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:31 PM

Its just funny to see a car this nice done up like those hoopties in the hood with rims worth more then the car itself, it pains me to see it and I felt the need to say what came to mind. But of course, as long as your happy!
Yes sir, that pains me as well. I don't understand that one. But even before I seen a picture of this car, I was thinking of buying those wheels, or a wheel called U2. But after I seen his car, I knew I just had to get/buy them. IMO, I think his car looks good (but i know his car has to ride rough on those 22's). Again, IMO. I was going to go with the same 22", but was advised not to by many because of the damage they can cause. Not only to the wheels and tires, but to the car itself. So I went with my gut feeling/first choice (the Driv Don wheels) and went out and got them. So yes, I am happy. Thx!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:40 PM

TO ALL OF THOSE THAT HAVE WROTE SOMETHING IN THIS THREAD.

I would like to apologize if I offended, or disrespected any of you with my thoughts and comments written above. I was striving to be a smart-a$$ by writing what I wrote (ghetto/suburbs etc. etc..) and wasn't thinking clearly. I am new here, and would like to stay and be apart of this Max family for as long as the good lord permits it. So again, to all of those that I might have offended/disrespected....I do sincerely, and wholeheartedly apologize!

Thank you!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:28 PM

They alright but I just dont like wheels that have centercaps...When you lose one you'll understand.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:27 PM

the rims dont look sporty enough....Maximas are suppose to look fast just standing still...IMO
Old 04-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Yes I did get them. Had them put on the same day. The car looks great! All my co-workers seen the car when we were leaving work, and couldn't believe how good the car looks. I am so happy I choose to go with what I liked, and not with what others liked/thought I should get. My wife was totaly appose to me buying 20" wheels, but after she seen the car.....it was all smiles. She loved how much different/better it looks. Her quote was: "you went from having a nice car, to a REALLY NICE car".

Pictures of my car will be posted soon-after I'm done with modding it. Wheels were first: (20x8.5 Driv Don's). Next: Chrome Billet grilles (upper & lower). Chrome pillar post, and chrome door-handles. Black 35% tint. Also, thinking about dropping the car .8 in the rear, and 1.8 in the front....plus cold air intake. But not really sure. I believe by lowering my car, and adding an intake, it will void my 4-1/2 year bumper-to-bumper warranty (that's right 4-1/2 yrs. B2B...paid a lot of extra $$$ for it). Just bought my car about a month ago.

Pictures below are of the exact wheels I bought this weekend, and a picture of someone elses car with those same exact wheels:

Dude, with all due respect (imho, of course) these wheels are too big for the car... unless of course you're trying to accomplish this look: http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...2571qHQMxPoJCB
(Monster Truck look).....
Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 PM
*moderator*

That's not his car first off (same wheels) and he got 20's not 22's...

And as far as your warranty, putting on wheels/lowering will void your suspension and wheel warranty. Unless the dealer can prove that whatever went wrong was caused by a modification the warranty will remain in effect. Most dealers suck though and won't tell you that part!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by rudeboy64r1
the rims dont look sporty enough....Maximas are suppose to look fast just standing still...IMO
I agree. Thats why I did my Max like I did.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:39 PM

as appose to
"as opposed to" is the phrase you keep screwing up
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Droppin logs

it's not like 6th gens are sleek little sport sedans... heavy chrome goes with the big body style imo
Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by D-Bo
it's not like 6th gens are sleek little sport sedans... heavy chrome goes with the big body style imo
And that's why I choose to buy the wheels I have.

I have a BIG sport-sedan, not a small sports car, as "most" people choose to mod as one (sports-car). I'm modding my car for more show, than go. Because from what I 've read about Nissan, and its Maxima (6th gens on up until the future) is, they are striving to move it in the direction of a big luxary car, as "oppose" to the some-what smaller sport looking sedans of the past. They are striving to compete with the standard luxary cars that we have all come to know (BMW, Benz, Lexus etc. etc..). So for me, it's about looks/bling. And not trying to have a 9-sec. 1/4 mile sport-car. If that's what I would have wanted, I would have went with a Twin-Turbo Mazda RX-7, or a Twin-Turbo Toyota Supra. IMO, a big luxary looking car, should have big luxary looking wheels. And not wheels that look like they belong on a VW Golf. It's like having/riding a Mountain Bike, with 16" BMX racing rims. Your bike "might" go faster than mine with that set-up, but my bike looks a hell of a lot better, with this rim size. Again, this is just my opinion.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:16 AM

"oppose"
opposeD

Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 AM

I'm all about ridindirty (lookin nice and clean though)....but I almost threw up.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Because from what I 've read about Nissan, and its Maxima (6th gens on up until the future) is, they are striving to move it in the direction of a big luxary car, as "oppose" to the some-what smaller sport looking sedans of the past.
I'd say more "upscale family sedan" than "luxury car", but the spirit of what you're saying is true.

They are striving to compete with the standard luxary cars that we have all come to know (BMW, Benz, Lexus etc. etc..).
...Wait, what? Where the heck did you read that? The Infiniti cars are definitely trying to do that, but not the Maxima...
Old 04-24-2007, 02:50 PM

And that's why I choose to buy the wheels I have.

And not trying to have a 9-sec. 1/4 mile sport-car. If that's what I would have wanted, I would have went with a Twin-Turbo Mazda RX-7, or a Twin-Turbo Toyota Supra. IMO, a big luxary looking car, should have big luxary looking wheels. And not wheels that look like they belong on a VW Golf. It's like having/riding a Mountain Bike, with 16" BMX racing rims. Your bike "might" go faster than mine with that set-up, but my bike looks a hell of a lot better, with this rim size. Again, this is just my opinion.

HAHAHAHAHA , " And not wheels that look like they belong on a VW Golf", He's got a point people!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

It looks ghetto fabulous
Ghetto fabulous....

This reminds me of that song from ODB :

Ghetto supastar that is what you are
Comin from afar reachin for the stars
Run away with me to another place
We can rely on each other uh huh
From one corner to another uh huh
Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
Ghetto fabulous....

This reminds me of that song from ODB :

Ghetto supastar that is what you are
Comin from afar reachin for the stars
Run away with me to another place
We can rely on each other uh huh
From one corner to another uh huh

Wow! But wait! Don't you have 20" BSA wheels on your car? Aren't they those cheap eBay specials, made in Malaysia wheels? I've seen them. You can get a 20" wheel & tire package for like $400.00 - $500.00 SHIPPED. A friend on mine bought those BSA's off of eBay last summer. He bent both back wheels with-in a week. I remember him giving them a nic-name..something like: "B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels. Or something like that.

***your car looks good though***
Old 04-24-2007, 03:50 PM

wow, so TWO people found these rim attractive, im with the rest of the crowd, i dont like em, its your car, if you dig, more props!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Wow! But wait! Don't you have 20" BSA wheels on your car? Aren't they those cheap eBay specials, made in Malaysia wheels? I've seen them. You can get a 20" wheel & tire package for like $400.00 - $500.00 SHIPPED. A friend on mine bought those BSA's off of eBay last summer. He bent both back wheels with-in a week. I remember him giving them a nic-name..something like: "B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels. Or something like that.

"B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels ---->>>> bowrofl: Oh man, this forum is getting funnier by the day. When someone asks me know what kind wheels the car has I will go: My car has "B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels..... ahahah

I am just joking 2-DIE-4. Look, you have to get the wheels you like, period. Not everyone will have the same taste as you or I. HOWEVER, when you, I or anyone posts on forums like these you've to be open for feedback: either positive or negative.

Now, onto my "B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels. I am a guy who likes my toys as close to stock as possible. Haven't done anything to my X-5 and won't do it. There is no need. It is hot as it is. Then comes the Maxima. I loved the hot body, hot design the first moment I saw it. So much so I traded in my 03'
740i for it. And I have no regrets (I must say some think I am for going from BWM to Nissan, but hey, it's a matter of taste).

The only problem I had was after I got the Maxima I thought it needed that extra ummmmpf. Saw the BSAs (or B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels) on a website (not Ebay, I must add) and thought they looked hot. The rest is history. Don't know where they were made. Don't remember the total price either. I ain't Donald Trump, but $$ was/is not really an issue

To finalize, all I am trying to say is we have a hot car with a hot design (imho, of course) as it is, and if you do too MUCH to it, that original design will be screwed up... that's all!

And oh, thanks for the compliment... I hope whatever you do to your car looks good as well!!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
"B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels ---->>>> bowrofl: Oh man, this forum is getting funnier by the day. When someone asks me know what kind wheels the car has I will go: My car has "B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels..... ahahah

I am just joking 2-DIE-4. Look, you have to get the wheels you like, period. Not everyone will have the same taste as you or I. HOWEVER, when you, I or anyone posts on forums like these you've to be open for feedback: either positive or negative.

Now, onto my "B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels. I am a guy who likes my toys as close to stock as possible. Haven't done anything to my X-5 and won't do it. There is no need. It is hot as it is. Then comes the Maxima. I loved the hot body, hot design the first moment I saw it. So much so I traded in my 03'
740i for it. And I have no regrets (I must say some think I am for going from BWM to Nissan, but hey, it's a matter of taste).

The only problem I had was after I got the Maxima I thought it needed that extra ummmmpf. Saw the BSAs (or B"ull "S"hit "A"ss wheels) on a website (not Ebay, I must add) and thought they looked hot. The rest is history. Don't know where they were made. Don't remember the total price either. I ain't Donald Trump, but $$ was/is not really an issue

To finalize, all I am trying to say is we have a hot car with a hot design (imho, of course) as it is, and if you do too MUCH to it, that original design will be screwed up... that's all!

And oh, thanks for the compliment... I hope whatever you do to your car looks good as well!!

Thanks man. I wasn't striving to disrespect when I wrote the BSA comment. Was just recalling the history of last summer.

Anyway, I like my car. And now that I've added these wheels, I like it even more. I've only owned it for about 1 month now. And all I get all day long from many people (most I don't know) is: wow, you have a hot/nice car. Especially since I've added the wheels. But I will be doing almost the same as you. Keeping the car as close to stock as possible. The only plans I have for it is: wheels, tints, chrome Billet grilles (both upper & lower), chrome pillar post, chrome handles and I "MIGHT lower it...."Might". That's it! Nothing more, nothing less. My grilles, pillar-post and handles should be coming by Fedex this weekend. I'm also striving to get it tinted by then to. After all is done, I'll post some pictures. I hope you guys will like what I've done. If not, it's cool. Because I will like what's been done.

So again thanks, and take care!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
wow, so TWO people found these rim attractive, im with the rest of the crowd, i dont like em, its your car, if you dig, more props!
Now hold up, I didn't say I liked them, but they alright...I've seen worse.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 PM

Your rims arent BSA's but they sure do look like Bull Sh*t *** rims to me. Those rims are like some Mom and Pop rim shop special...Buy a set of 20" tires get those rims free.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM

I've seen those rims on several different car makes & models, an my opinion varies on the matter. Because some rims especially 22s aren't very appealing on just anything, the rims I currently have are 22x8.5 Fusion Onyx, and the main reason for purchasing them was to fill the wheel well a bit more. So know that the car is drop 2.2 inches in the front; an 1.5 inches in the rear on the Intrax Kit plus upgraded Suspension components consisting of Adjustable Koni Struts & KYB AGXs shocks, rotors, brakes, steel braided brake lines, RSB, end links, etc.......... Sorry for babbling,but I didn't want to take away the sportiness or luxury that the Maxima tends to capture. I've actually seen those wheels on a 2007 Nissan Altima, an they really where appealing. If your definitely purchasing those wheels, post some pics, uniqueness is always interesting.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

Oh this is an instant classic