6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6.5 gen bumper on 6th gen. Look!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Bumper Swap

The Bumper Swap, was a very interesting project, once the 07 Front Bumper arrived. I couldn't wait to begin the project, it's always best to be creative in a situation like this. Especially when your dealing with a slightly damage 07 Front bumper, air compressor was down. Which means I just, had to get "OLD SCHOOL", with all the prep[body work]. The Fog lights on the 07 Maxima are active vs the 2004-2006 Maxes bottom cornering lights, which are just tutning indicators. I actually appreciated those lights, just didn't approve of the location. So, on that note, there will be custom H.I.D Fogs applied. The 07 Front Bumper, fits perfect onto the 2004-2006 Maxima's front end. There are no gaps around or under the Headlight Assembly what-so-ever, Sorry! The camera angles aren't the best, promise to post much better pics. Bumper splitters would look pretty cool, depending on the style/shape. OH! Everybody, Please! Stay tuned for my fabricated 2007 active tuning like grille. Many more mods to come.....

Last edited by The Presence; 11-25-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by The Presence
The Bumper Swap, was a very interesting project, once the 07 Front Bumper arrived. I couldn't wait to begin the project, it's always best to be creative in a situation like this. Especially when your dealing with a slightly damage 07 Front bumper, air compressor was down. Which means I just, had to get "OLD SCHOOL", with all the prep[body work]. The Fog lights on the 07 Maxima are active vs the 2004-2006 Maxes bottom cornering lights, which are just tutning indicators. I actually appreciated those lights, just didn't approve of the location. So, on that note, there will be custom H.I.D Fogs applied. The 07 Front Bumper, fits perfect onto the 2004-2006 Maxima's front end. There are no gaps around or under the Headlight Assembly what-so-ever, Sorry! The camera angles aren't the best, promise to post much better pics. Bumper splitters would look pretty cool, depending on the style/shape. OH! Everybody, Please! Stay tuned for my fabricated 2007 active tuning like grille. Many more mods to come.....

You can gut stock '07 frame and add mesh, is that your plan?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:01 PM

the bumper looks good...job well done
Old 12-02-2007, 04:35 PM

What lights are you putting in the bumper?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Bumper Swap

Originally Posted by anthny2040
What lights are you putting in the bumper?

Thanks! To all that have viewed/complimented the Bumper Swap & Hood Extension Project outcome so far. Technically the ride is still a 05 Nissan Maxima, meaning...... I still have corner indicator lights, not active fog lights like the 07 Max. That's all about to change with the New H.I.D Piaa Ring Fog Lights, that will be applied. Ebay has the kit for around $189.00 & up + shipping. They'll look similar to the third pic below, active fog light, with a bright L.E.D Angel Eye Ring.

Last edited by The Presence; 12-05-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Bumper Swap

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Anxious to see how this turns out. My bumper is in real need of a makeover.

AllBlackMax! I'm just waiting for the Piaa L.E.D Fog Ring Lights, an my new Grille to arrive. But all the Body work & Paint is complete.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Hey Bro,

Love your ride. It's Smokin' - Great Decision on the 07 Bumper, Perfect Combo for your 22's but you gotta get the 07' spoiler - then it's gonna looook like it's on FIIIRE !!! i really think the 07 spoiler will make a difference to the aerodynamics of the car.

Also, Can you please tell me if the PIAA Angel Eye Fog Rings fit the openings for the 07 Bumper. If so, I'm surely going to consider them. Please let me know, is there any modifications necessary or they are a direct fit. Let me know as soon as possible because that could be an interesting mod.

Can't Wait to see when it's all done !!! Keep us posted...I've been waiting on the Final Piece !
Old 12-05-2007, 06:59 PM

The 07 fog light uses the H11 bulb, can this be connected in a way that it uses the 07 foglight switch and simply a replacement without any modification necessary? I need to know how the light output is, any idea if it'd match the OEM HID 4300 k HID's? Is it as bright as HID fogs?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by trance.addict
Hey Bro,

Love your ride. It's Smokin' - Great Decision on the 07 Bumper, Perfect Combo for your 22's but you gotta get the 07' spoiler - then it's gonna looook like it's on FIIIRE !!! i really think the 07 spoiler will make a difference to the aerodynamics of the car.

Also, Can you please tell me if the PIAA Angel Eye Fog Rings fit the openings for the 07 Bumper. If so, I'm surely going to consider them. Please let me know, is there any modifications necessary or they are a direct fit. Let me know as soon as possible because that could be an interesting mod.

Can't Wait to see when it's all done !!! Keep us posted...I've been waiting on the Final Piece !

The Piaa Led Ring Fog Lights, probably require very minimal modification work. Which will consist of boring out the factory fog light finish panel diameter, if it's slightly larger. But Piaa's Fog Light Kit, comes with all the necessary hardware needed for mounting. Being that my car is a 2005, I still have all the wiring for cornering lights. So the Piaa upgrade Fog lights will work for the 2007 active fog lights, as well as the 2004-2006 bumper cornering lights. OH! Currently I'm researching different spoiler styles for my ride, once I make a decision, it will be fiberglass molding to the trunk. No lines what-so-ever, so that I can capture a great concept appearance.

Last edited by The Presence; 12-05-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Presence: Lookin forward to the spoiler design. Care to share what ur thoughts are or preliminary ideas???
Old 12-06-2007, 06:53 AM

Looks great keep up the work.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:39 PM

Hey Presence I dont know if this helps things at all but these aftermarket foglights claim to fot like OEM's for the 07' they have the schematics of the dimensions. Hope it helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-07-2007, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ntown45
Hey Presence I dont know if this helps things at all but these aftermarket foglights claim to fot like OEM's for the 07' they have the schematics of the dimensions. Hope it helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

Ntown45! Thanks for looking out bro, the Xenon Fogs where
actually my second choice, if the Piaa's weren't sufficent.
Which I'm sure they will be; Are you changing your mind about
the Piaa Ring Fogs? They should fit the 07 wire harness,
an boring out the fog lamp finish panel shouldn't a problem @ all,
that's if the circumference is slighty wider. The price is much
better for Xenon Fog Lamps though, I think I've seen them
on rides around town. An the appearance looks really good.
But I want the best of both, Led Rings & Active Fog Lights.

Cefiro80! Thanks for the compliment, many more mods to come.

Last edited by The Presence; 12-07-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:10 AM
*moderator*

Presence, FYI those fogs aren't HID. They use a regular H1 bulb. Just wanted to make sure you knew that before you pruchased them. Those are the fogs I have in my RLM bumper.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 AM

Ntown45! Thanks for looking out bro, the Xenon Fogs where
actually my second choice, if the Piaa's weren't sufficent.
Which I'm sure they will be; Are you changing your mind about
the Piaa Ring Fogs? They should fit the 07 wire harness,
an boring out the fog lamp finish panel shouldn't a problem @ all,
that's if the circumference is slighty wider. The price is much
better for Xenon Fog Lamps though, I think I've seen them
on rides around town. An the appearance looks really good.
But I want the best of both, Led Rings & Active Fog Lights.
I was thinking about it but them halos are really hot and gives it a better look so if there isnt to much boring out for the PIAA ima defintely try and stick with the haloa
Old 12-09-2007, 04:39 PM

The Piaa Led Ring Fog Lights, probably require very minimal modification work. Which will consist of boring out the factory fog light finish panel diameter, if it's slightly larger. But Piaa's Fog Light Kit, comes with all the necessary hardware needed for mounting. Being that my car is a 2005, I still have all the wiring for cornering lights. So the Piaa upgrade Fog lights will work for the 2007 active fog lights, as well as the 2004-2006 bumper cornering lights. OH! Currently I'm researching different spoiler styles for my ride, once I make a decision, it will be fiberglass molding to the trunk. No lines what-so-ever, so that I can capture a great concept appearance.

bro, let me know if when you do get them - i'd want to see pictures and do let me know if it did require modification for the 07 bumper that is if they fit in the holes made for the fogs. i hope they do cause they def. look hot
Old 12-27-2007, 12:46 PM

Bump.... Hey, Presence...... Show us yo grill!!!!!!!!

Any finished photos yet? When do you think you will have it all done?