6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Others respect the maxima

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 AM

If i was mad right now, this thread would have completely made my day. but im not, so either way this thread wins over me anyway People who talk down on my car get a slap on the hand when the find out what its capable of. I dont get offended because i know what i can do, but once they're done begging for a race, i finally race them. when we're done, i throw them my keys and tell them, shoulda got a maxima
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by bushness
I have had a few runs with SER's and had no trouble taking them. I think that most of the people ended up getting an SER because of the cosmetic features. I had the option of either the 05 maxima or the 05 SER. I test drove both and to be quite honest I think that the SER handeld just like I expected..an Altima!!
The maxima is able to be modded a bit more that the Altima SER(a friend of mine has the 05 SER and after a CAI and a few other simple mods he is only putting out 295 or so) I am currently putting out over 330+ hp to the wheels so it all depends on what you like.
I just wanted to know, why would you come on the maxima.org site, on the 6th gen page and start beating the 6th gen down?? I mean even if it's a car that you personally don't have great appreciateion for, it's the flagship of Nissan...as per the altima (it's been styled to "resemble" the maxima ever since the 02 version came out)
I'm not beating the 6th gen down I personally like the car but not for the same reason I like the 5th gen (which is the best looking Max to date). I was just stating things that I've read from Nissan insiders. They redesigned re engineered the 09 hoping to return the Maxima to it's former glory. The glory was lost during the sixth gen, not only because of some design snafus but the presense of the more inexpensive 3.5 Altima found more demand. I'm a Maxima enthusiest just like the next guy but Nissan drop the ball on the line from 04 to 08.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
SuPeRmOd

wait you think the 5th gen is the best looking to date? well I would hope 5th gen owners would think that, and seems most of you do. but that's not what majority think. I personally know 3 5th gen owners that loved their maximas. I liked them as well. once they saw my 6th gen, they wanted to trade. 2 did. there is already a thread for listing you favorites, but I have to disagree and say that the 7th gen blows the 5th away on looks.

also how did the ball drop when the 6th gen runs the same if not faster than the 5th with way more options and also heavier?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
wait you think the 5th gen is the best looking to date? well I would hope 5th gen owners would think that, and seems most of you do. but that's not what majority think. I personally know 3 5th gen owners that loved their maximas. I liked them as well. once they saw my 6th gen, they wanted to trade. 2 did. there is already a thread for listing you favorites, but I have to disagree and say that the 7th gen blows the 5th away on looks.

also how did the ball drop when the 6th gen runs the same if not faster than the 5th with way more options and also heavier?
Good point Nismo. I agree 100%.
I mean if you like the 5th gen then what makes you say that the Altima is better than the 6th gen max ?
I mean they both use the same platform. To say that you like the Altima but dislike the Maxima is contradicting no???
Old 07-16-2008, 01:41 PM

Bought my first Maxima. Got plenty of get-up and go. So far I love it.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Y2k2maxse
Well I must say...I do have some decent respect for the Hemi R/T or SRT8 Chargers..they are a good looking car and they sound mean..and i've heard they really move......... What mods do you have done to your car that you were able to beat Hemis? I dont want to race them(stock)...I do not want to give them the impression that the Maxima is just another japanese ricer.. and give it a bad name. Im leaving it up to you (sleeper) modded VQ's to show them what its about.
I like them too, the 300, the Charger and the Magnum. I just know from previous posts in the now defunct "Weekend Battles" section that there wasn't a lot of respect coming back this way from some folks posting there. I finally got the chance to line up with Charger R/T and Magnum R/T and beat them both. My mods are listed in my sig, but stock for stock, it would be extremely close.

..... I am currently putting out over 330+ hp to the wheels so it all depends on what you like.....
Bushness: we have similar mods, how are you putting down 330hp to the wheels Have you dynoed it? - - - EDIT: Wait a minute. You have a 6th gen, 2005 right? I looked again and I see a /Novidem/Stillen S/C listed in your mods? What is that? Do you have a supercharger on there? Please explain.

maxima-junky - I'm curious, what year Maxima's are you driving?

Last edited by Apollos2; 07-16-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:41 PM

Novidem s/c

Yeah. Got the Novidem s/c that goes into a few of the Nismo 350z's (Stillen apparently has a few pieces (pulleys etc) that are part of this set-up as per my techy guy at the shop). It produces 377 hp fully tuned as per the guys at JDM. I was lucky enough to get one straight from Osaka to my door. The 377 is at 6800 rpm so I am guestimating that I am putting down 330 at around low 4's to 5's...perhaps more since I am able to take a STI at 110 (km/h) and overtake him by 2 car lengths (ended up going 180) a bit risky but he learned a lesson.

PM me if you have any other questions. I'm not as techy as some of the guys here but what I lack in that area I make up in driving skill

Take care bro
Old 07-16-2008, 03:06 PM

........It produces 377 hp fully tuned as per the guys at JDM. I was lucky enough to get one straight from Osaka to my door. The 377 is at 6800 rpm........
Nuff said.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:46 PM

I want a supercharger....
Old 07-17-2008, 05:31 AM

I drove the Altima and the Maxima, both 08s and there was no comparison to me. The Maxima blew the Altima out of the water.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
I want a supercharger....
Pretty sure you might be able to grab one but trust me..it was a bit on the $$$ side...Let's just say that after the whole "set-up" I had to spend a few days on the couch (the wife was not pleased)

FYI -> Worth every penny and every toss and turn on the couch
Old 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Cool Member

Yeah. Got the Novidem s/c that goes into a few of the Nismo 350z's (Stillen apparently has a few pieces (pulleys etc) that are part of this set-up as per my techy guy at the shop).
Nice. Do you have pictures of your setup? do you have a custom hood?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80

I'm talking about sales and overall customer satisfaction thats how Nissan is judging the success or failure of a car. The 6th gen was the worst for them. Thats straight frome Nissan not me.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 PM

Good point Nismo. I agree 100%.
I mean if you like the 5th gen then what makes you say that the Altima is better than the 6th gen max ?
I mean they both use the same platform. To say that you like the Altima but dislike the Maxima is contradicting no???
I never said I disslike the 6th gen I just said the Altima/SER was a better buy thats why it outsold the Maxima. If I'm a sports sedan fan why would I go to the dealership and pick a big heavy 6th gen over a 3.5 Altima, defeats my purpose.

Last edited by maxima-junky; 07-17-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 07-17-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by kidd4l
Nice. Do you have pictures of your setup? do you have a custom hood?
ok so more about this novidem please... it's claimed that theres no room to SC so whats the whole deal with this novidem? any pics or whatnot.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:01 AM

Easy guys...lol

Yeah there is space, the two guys that worked on it (have to give a shout out to Enzo and Nunzio from A & N), they had the option of either putting it where the battery is (sort of what Chern did with his turbo set-up) or what we did which is mounting it below on a 35-40 degree angle. It's a tight fit (car spent 3-4 months in the shop) cost me about 8k or so (Canadian and Euro) but it was worth it...
I will post some pics as soon as I get the thing back from the shop...(getting some tranny work, nothing big...

Best thing about the set-up is that when I get a "routine" stop from Toronto's Finest, they almost always ask me to pop the hood and unless you know where to look, you will not be able to see the s/c (you can see the hookup but not like on the Nismo 350Z where it sits on the right side in plain site.

Hope this answered some questions

Cheers guys !
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM

WOW I got happy for a second on thinking we had a SC for our car. But 8k. Man I would rather get the turbo kit from speed force. Man is someone else going to come out with a FI choice for us.. ?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by anm6
WOW I got happy for a second on thinking we had a SC for our car. But 8k. Man I would rather get the turbo kit from speed force. Man is someone else going to come out with a FI choice for us.. ?
Yeah dude...over the course of 4 months it totalled around 8k...worth every penny though

I feel like I should have went with the turbo but I wanted something unique you know...

I'll post some pics as soon as my baby is back from the shop...

Cheers!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Good job on pioneering boost for our cars. Like I said in a post a while ago, I would prefer supercharging over turbo for several reasons so I'm definitely interested.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:41 PM

gained some MAJOR respect today..my buddy got his RSX back and spent 7K on the motor alone..turboed it..got a built motor..cams...etc etc. Well on my STOCK ( intake only) family sports sedan..i can easily take him up to 80 or 90 (closed course) than of course his turbo kicks in and it takes off. but he gave me props. his RSX was dynoed at 320wheel tq and 390 whp.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:44 PM

oh and for you guys talking about the 5th gen being the best looking max..ive owned two of them. and at the time i didnt like the 6gen. I had to buy one to realize its beauty and see how good it really does look. its best angle is side/rear view. amazing.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by maxima-junky
I never said I disslike the 6th gen I just said the Altima/SER was a better buy thats why it outsold the Maxima. If I'm a sports sedan fan why would I go to the dealership and pick a big heavy 6th gen over a 3.5 Altima, defeats my purpose.

Nissan built less Maxima when they put V6 in the Altima. 6th gen sales were better than what Nissan expected. I've never seen the sales figures that seperate the Altima 2.5L and 3.5L, let alone SE-R. If you have this info, I'm sure a few of us here would love to see it.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:59 AM

I'm talking about sales and overall customer satisfaction thats how Nissan is judging the success or failure of a car. The 6th gen was the worst for them. Thats straight frome Nissan not me.
I usually don't like to get into conversations like this, but since you did mention your reason as to the 6th gen being the worst due to sales and overall satisfaction... In case you've forgotten Nissan had a lawsuit against them for the 5th gen having their headlights stolen so easily and the fact that at the dealerships they were charging over $3,000 to fix getting your headlights back. A week later they'd steal them again, get charged again but no solution. The worst gen of customer satisfaction ever! And we're talking about tens of thousands of Maxima's that this happened to. And as far as sales, someone else already gave you a reasoning as to production etc... so no need to repeat this. I'm not knocking the 5th gen cause I owned one and loved it but realistically the 6th gen handles better and just offered more options then the 5th gen.

I think you just happened to fall for the sales gimmicks of Nissan promoted the 7th gen as all car companies do for their new cars coming out. Everyones always going to market their new car as better, even if it is, lol.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:32 AM

The 6th Gen is a great car, seems the only people who don't like it are 4th and 5th gen owners who don't want to let go of the past, I've come across plenty of people who love the 6th Gen and where previous 4th and 5th Gen owners.

The Altima is nothing more then proof that most people are cheap and if they can save a couple dollars, and constantly reassure themselves by talking down the Maxima, then cause they insult others and make themselves happy it was a good purchase, I've got plenty of friends with Altimas and they are nice cars but I'll pass.

The 4th Gen Altima, biggest mistake was dual exhaust, so many people ask me how to tell if it's a V6 and I don't know considering how 99 out of 100 altimas are 4cylinders, it takes away from V6 owners being slightly different
Old 07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

?????? LOST

does any one have a clue as of where i can buy the redlinemax body kit the front bumper looks ill
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Nissan built less Maxima when they put V6 in the Altima. 6th gen sales were better than what Nissan expected. I've never seen the sales figures that seperate the Altima 2.5L and 3.5L, let alone SE-R. If you have this info, I'm sure a few of us here would love to see it.
Does anyone know of one or more people who owned a Maxima and then went on to buy an Altima? When I bought my 04 Max SE, the salesman tried to get me to test drive an 06 Altima. I honestly felt sick just thinking about leaving a Max for anything "less."

Not knocking the Altima since it is a Nissan. But the car just can't beat Maxima in no way, shape, fashion, or form.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
This Space for Rent

id like to see pics of this supercharger
Old 07-19-2008, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by King Khan
does any one have a clue as of where i can buy the redlinemax body kit the front bumper looks ill
bodykits.org
Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Domestic Violence
Good post!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by nlt624
Not knocking the Altima since it is a Nissan. But the car just can't beat Maxima in no way, shape, fashion, or form.
i don't know man.. with the factory body kit and spoiler, the V6 altima looks down right sexy.. i gotta give it it's due props

Originally Posted by Y2k2maxse
(long throws, but silky smooth)
smooth... HA! try notchy as all hell.. lol.. but i love reading stuff like that man.. and i love when people underestimate the maxima...

Originally Posted by Apollos2
IMO, the only thing out there that look so bold as the CLS in that respect.
all i'm gonna say is that there's a CLS 550 owner out there who got a pretty mean surprise one day... and now has gained respect for the power of the maxima

Last edited by wyche89; 07-19-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:26 PM

Like I said fellas...will post some as soon as she comes back...

Don't worry, you got my word on that
Old 07-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by STARR
bodykits.org
i saw the redlinemax front bumper and side skirts what rear bumper would match it the other one they have on it looks like garbage no offence to no one
Old 07-20-2008, 07:09 PM

I had an experience almost like that in my 2007 Maxima last year. I pulled up to a stop light where both lanes go straight, and on the left was an obvsiouly heavily modded Mitsubishi Lancer with a gigantic rear spoiler on it, and to the right was a regular 4 door smaller saturn. It was too late for me to switch so I stayed in the right lane. The young kid in the Lancer slammed his gas, winding out the gears sounding like he hit 8000 RPMs on each but was barely moving, the saturn in front of me easily beat him off the line, and I slammed my gas and stayed with the saturn, both of us easily beat the Lancer leaving it behind. I didn't realize those cars were such a joke. All show, noise, and no performance. I guess a 1.8 liter 4 with turbo on it is no match for a solid VQ engine. The punk was passed by a compact saturn and my "boat." He should have felt like change for a penny.

Dean
Old 07-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Not as heavy as you think...the Maxima is bigger than the Altima however if you check the weights of both cars you will notice very little difference. Thats because the Maxima uses more high quality plastics, vinyl, rubber, carbon fiber (front bumper inside), and both the hood and the trunk are aluminum. Plus all of the suspension is aluminum in the Max too.

The Max and the Mustang GT share the same weight.
A modded Max (CAI, Spacer, Headers, Exhaust, APEXI, UDP, YPipe, etc,) can more that hold it's own against one too.

I know friends of mine that have raced their Maxima's against regular and GT Mustangs at the local drag strip and have beaten them clean. Usually Mustangs spend too much time spinning their tires.

Last edited by xorbitman; 07-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:26 PM
This Space for Rent

any links to the set-up? a site where its been reviewed or is available?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 AM

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2952

"My mate's gotta Celica SX (Options of a GT in US but with GT-S Engine) and my mums gotta V6 Nissan Maxima, i wanted to see the difference. I know the maxima flies along and i also know that the Celica's go damn hard..."

"But, still was a good drag, them Maxima's are the biggest sleepers ever!! Give heaps of cars runs for there money!!"
Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 AM

is this so ? waiting for pics then
Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 AM

any links to the set-up? a site where its been reviewed or is available?

From what I know the only review available is for the Nismo 350z. It has the same Novidem s/c so you can take a look at that if you like. Link is below guys..

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/29/n...-gt-s-concept/

This shows the GT-S w/ the Swiss made Novidem s/c on it...
Be advised that on the 350 the s'c is installed on the right side (where my battery is) so for me the installation was below (35 degrees) so the battery would not have to be moved to the back like Chern...

Hope this answers some questions,

Ciao!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

what a nice thread.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

yo nizmo101 where did u get that full body kit looks good on black

Quick Reply: Others respect the maxima