6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Sensor for expired registration

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 PM

woow. lol..

well, When a cop runs your plates, it tells us everything about that car, and the owner. just like grayte199 said. instead of using the device he is talking about, cops usually just run the LP number through their system. it gives us all of the same info. Deus, its not like your car is inconspicuous... its sad to say, but modified cars are looked at a little closer than say a normal maxima or accord or something like that.

My friend runs plates alllll day. when she is not on the way to a call, she runs almost every plate that she is around. she is mostly doing that just looking for warrants.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Google ALPR
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

You may have pissed someone off who ratted you out!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nismo4life07
, its not like your car is inconspicuous... its sad to say, but modified cars are looked at a little closer than say a normal maxima or accord or something like that.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM

Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 AM

fix your tint that's probley why
Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 PM

Ok, my windows were down so they didnt know about the tint. NONE of the cops saw my plates until they were right behind me AFTER they were already tracking me. I did not have this problem wen my reg was paid. Does that change anyone's opinions?
Old 03-27-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Ok, my windows were down so they didnt know about the tint. NONE of the cops saw my plates until they were right behind me AFTER they were already tracking me. I did not have this problem wen my reg was paid. Does that change anyone's opinions?
NOPE...

Here is my theory man. I am going to assume you probably drive around the same area where you live everyday you use your car. Lets say in a 30 mile radius. In theory over the years all the cops you have passed by and the phew that have tailed you without ever pulling you over. Have never done anything to you for what ever reason that may be. And now they are on to you... They are going to give you as many tickets as they can give you for your tints. They are going to milk you. If they wanted to they could give you a paper demanding you remove the tint (at least that's what they did to a friend of mine. Don't know if this applies in your state).

Recently in the past 2 years. Cops have really started to nail people for anything stupid they can come up with. Tinted windows is against the law IF ITS TOO DARK. but has never been really enforced till about 2 years ago.

I have got like 3 tickets for tinted windows in the past 1 1/2 years. And its getting crazy... One cop really looked in car from the front windshield and thought it was tinted (because of the black leather it looks so dark)... He was going to give me a ticket... He thought it was tinted too. I told him to really look at the front windshield.
I am almost pissin my pants when I drive by a cop... And yes they do look at that tint. Your car or any ones car (mine to) with tint windows is an Eye Magnet... Plain and simple. I am going to remove my tint I just hate to get in a panic mode thinking I am going to get nailed with a ticket for tint..

I would suggest taking off the tint.... Atleast if you do get pulled over you wont get a ticket....... Because they wont have nothing to tag you with... or even pull you over for that matter once they read your plate and they are done following you. Unless you were speeding or breaking other driving laws..

Last edited by DoHaste; 03-27-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I hope I'm not paranoid but I have had a couple of experiences that lead me to believe that the 6th Gen Maxima emits a signal if the registration has expired. My registration expired in November. Last week, I was pulling up to a red light and a motorcycle cop was about 75 feet off to the side of the road, slightly in front of me. I went by him and he pulled out immediately and began tracking me. He was several cars behind me. I pulled over into a pizza joint, and he pulled behind me with his red lights going and said my reg was expired. There is NO WAY he could have known unless he had some kind of device which sensed the car was expired, or that he saw it was expired after he pulled me over. He let me off with a warning. This weekend, I went by a highway patrol who was on teh opposite side of the road. I was with a stream of cars. He passed all the cars and got behind me and pulled me over for the same thing plus tinted windows, even though my windows were rolled down at the time.

My question is: Does the 6th Gen Maxima have a device installed that lets police know whether registration is paid or not? Yes I know I should have paid the reg, but thats not the issue.
YES! They are called license plates. LOL Didnt mean to come off like a putz but police vehicles these days are equipped to scan license plates from far distances..hence a check thru the DMV and a positive ID that your reggy was not renewed.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:35 PM

I dont have a front plate so the CHP that got me for tint never saw my plate til he was behind me. He was already tracking me before he saw my plate and my windows were rolled down so no tint was visible. Also the CHP got me about 300 miles from home so he was not familair with my car. I was driving in a group of cars going into the Sierras and he clearly singled me out before I even got to him.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:43 AM

Its the end of the month and they have to meet their quota. (More likely to pull you over for anything) Looking at your car in a group of cars its stands out whether I've seen it before or 1st time coming towards me. As you pass me I notice the tint so I would pursue you for that. While I'm doing that let me run your plates while I'm at it.

There thats more than likely how the scenario went down.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 AM

In Massachussetts the plate itself has the month and the sticker has the year #.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 AM

the cop probably started tracking you just for the fact that you dont have front plates... my friend got pulled over because he didnt have front plates.. and everything started rolling from there... besides the plates, he was ticketed for his front window tint and a busted tail light..
Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I work in Petaluma, ca. (an hour north of SF) Cops here have a new radar gun that will pick speeders out of heavy traffic. GAVE OUT 54 tickets the first day!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Darcin
I work in Petaluma, ca. (an hour north of SF) Cops here have a new radar gun that will pick speeders out of heavy traffic. GAVE OUT 54 tickets the first day!
that's a bunch of bs. for one a radar gun is only good with out heavy traffic due to the radar beam size that has to be put out for a good return. The Lazer gun on the other hand is far more accurate and can pick cars out of traffic depending on the angle and the cop using the gun. if you are good you could probably do well even in heavy traffic. With heavy traffic usually you don't get many speeders unless everyone is speeding.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
that's a bunch of bs. for one a radar gun is only good with out heavy traffic due to the radar beam size that has to be put out for a good return. The Lazer gun on the other hand is far more accurate and can pick cars out of traffic depending on the angle and the cop using the gun. if you are good you could probably do well even in heavy traffic. With heavy traffic usually you don't get many speeders unless everyone is speeding.

^^agreed
the radar sends out the signal in a cone shape pattern that is really difficult to determine who is speeding if there are multiple cars. The Lazer or LIDAR as it is called uses a light beam that can pick up a single car even in heavy traffic areas. (if youve ever played call of duty modern warfare, it looks like the red dot sight) just look through the sights and pick which car you wanna peg...very easy
Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 AM

"Riced out batmobile" FTW Hilarious!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by joker07x
i think ur delusional bud..
ur bud has caused delusion?

....put down the bong.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:55 PM
TAZ

Originally Posted by Racingline
Google ALPR