6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Grounding kit install problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM

Grounding kit install problems

I just got my Racingline grounding kit and started the install today. First of all, the instructions on their website do not match the kit I got. My wires are all labeled 1 or 7. Second, the first instruction calls for the first wire to be connected to the top bolt of the starter. The picture shows the wire being connected to the transmission like the instructions on their website. Why the wrong picture? I am having a terrible time trying to locate the first three mounting points. (starter to front head, front head to fuel rail, fuel rail to rear head)

I think part of the problems may be that i have the dreaded 4 speed SL and maybe some brackets are in different spots making it hard to see my engine bay in the same way as the pics on the instructions. When it says the top bolt on the starter does it mean the top MOUNTING bolt of the starter housing or the top bolt where electrical connections are made? The instructions say it should be a 14mm bolt but they are 12mm. Was this a typo or am I messing with the wrong bolt?

Every picture I have seen looks totally different than my setup and it's frustrated the crap out of me.

Can anyone shed any light on this EASY install?

Sorry for ranting. Hope it makes sense.

JB

Last edited by Switch; 10-29-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Switch
I just got my Racingline grounding kit and started the install today. First of all, the instructions on their website do not match the kit I got. My wires are all labeled 1 or 7. Second, the first instruction calls for the first wire to be connected to the top bolt of the starter. The picture shows the wire being connected to the transmission like the instructions on their website. Why the wrong picture? I am having a terrible time trying to locate the first three mounting points. (starter to front head, front head to fuel rail, fuel rail to rear head)

I think part of the problems may be that i have the dreaded 4 speed SL and maybe some brackets are in different spots making it hard to see my engine bay in the same way as the pics on the instructions. When it says the top bolt on the starter does it mean the top MOUNTING bolt of the starter housing or the top bolt where electrical connections are made? The instructions say it should be a 14mm bolt but they are 12mm. Was this a typo or am I messing with the wrong bolt?

Every picture I have seen looks totally different than my setup and it's frustrated the crap out of me.

Can anyone shed any light on this EASY install?

Sorry for ranting. Hope it makes sense.

JB
The grounding point locations are NOT written in stone. If it says ground to the trans, then use the most convenient bolt, it doesn't HAVE to be the one they used.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50
The grounding point locations are NOT written in stone. If it says ground to the trans, then use the most convenient bolt, it doesn't HAVE to be the one they used.
What he said!