6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

spacers need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:18 PM

omg i want those... $#!@ $#!* *$!@ if you would let them go for 650 i'd take them in a heart beat. but i barely have 300 to play with right now. ima broke college student man.

if you still have them in a few months ill take em, by then ill have enough
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
KC's FINEST

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...-not-safe.html

Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by officerfrasher
Does 15 in the rear actually make it wider than the front? Is this done for looks (the look of wider in the rear than the front) or does it have to do with the way the fenders are set up. Are the rear fenders wider than the front?
Front are looking more flushed out than rear from factory.....or it's just only me who can see like that?
Old 05-12-2011, 05:55 PM

This guy is ****ing hilarious first he's a mecahnic that gets paid $23/hr but doesn't know the tire says exactly on it whats the size of tire and rim it fits and measures an 18" rim as 19.5", there is no 19.5" rim EVER so STOP your BS I guarantee your not a mechanic or get paid anything close to what you say. Then now he's going to be a nurse that gets 80k a year. How the hell are you a mechanic and a nurse
Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by KevMaster
Front are looking more flushed out than rear from factory.....or it's just only me who can see like that?
15mm in the rear will make front and rear flush with each other, not necessarily with the fender but they will closely be on the same track.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by KCMAXX
Make me an offer on these: http://forums.maxima.org/wheels-tire...eagle-f1s.html

Im tired of all the PM's on these damn things.
If this were in silver than you could have to look out for packaging materials by now.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by KevMaster
If this were in silver than you could have to look out for packaging materials by now.

I had them powder coated silver, then changed my mind and went black.

I can always get them re-re-done...
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
This guy is ****ing hilarious first he's a mecahnic that gets paid $23/hr but doesn't know the tire says exactly on it whats the size of tire and rim it fits and measures an 18" rim as 19.5", there is no 19.5" rim EVER so STOP your BS I guarantee your not a mechanic or get paid anything close to what you say. Then now he's going to be a nurse that gets 80k a year. How the hell are you a mechanic and a nurse

you must not understand abstract thought.

i quit my job of 3 years as a big rig diesel mechanic/metal fab at Soares Trucking inc, and went back to school where i was accepted into a nursing program. (something you wouldn't have the ability to do)

ummm... DUH?????????? and who are you to tell me I am not a mechanic? are you related to ms. cleo? are you psychic? lets put money on this. bet me 100 bucks. and ill show you a pay stub from my work, and my nursing school ID. you all can be my witness. If i can't show you both of those things ill delete myself from the forum AND give you $1,000.00. put your money where your mouth is little boy. or do you not have the ***** to shake on it? either take the bet or STFU you immature little forum troll. if you don't have the ***** to put your money where your mouth is, then your a little **** and i got nothing left to say to you.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 05-12-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 PM

This otta be good. Lets see you take the bet 2000_max_king or quit trolling this forum. I am a long time member on my6thgen and just recently joined here and all i see is drama from trolling OT users like YOU messing with 20eggs when all he is doing is asking valid questions.

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
i got nothing left to say to you.
lets keep it that way. forum Trolls aren't worth it. unless you can make some money out of them.

@ 20eggs: 30mm+ spacers are not a good idea, i would go no larger then 25mm.

you can put strain on the bearing and damage something if you hit a hard bump.

Last edited by revvinMAXto11; 05-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:59 PM

you must not understand abstract thought.

i quit my job of 3 years as a big rig diesel mechanic/metal fab at Soares Trucking inc, and went back to school where i was accepted into a nursing program. (something you wouldn't have the ability to do)

ummm... DUH?????????? and who are you to tell me I am not a mechanic? are you related to ms. cleo? are you psychic? lets put money on this. bet me 100 bucks. and ill show you a pay stub from my work, and my nursing school ID. you all can be my witness. If i can't show you both of those things ill delete myself from the forum AND give you $1,000.00. put your money where your mouth is little boy. or do you not have the ***** to shake on it? either take the bet or STFU you immature little forum troll. if you don't have the ***** to put your money where your mouth is, then your a little **** and i got nothing left to say to you.
I asked you a question, all you had to do was answer it I like how you got mad too bad its the ****ing internet and you and your dumbass bet don't mean ****.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by revvinMAXto11
This otta be good. Lets see you take the bet 2000_max_king or quit trolling this forum. I am a long time member on my6thgen and just recently joined here and all i see is drama from trolling OT users like YOU messing with 20eggs when all he is doing is asking valid questions.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:03 PM

consider your question answered then. end of convo
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 PM

interesting, i didn't think about that being a problem with 35mm spacers.

so i guess, from what im gathering here, 20mm is the largest i should go with

Last edited by twentyeggs; 05-12-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 PM

holy crap! well... thats not going to detour me from spacers, but i will be sure that i torque them down ALOT, AND use some thread lock, AND stay away from that brand. I'll be making sure they are hub centric. they shouldn't have gotten lose like that. Dude probably didn't torque them in the star pattern or go over them more than once
Old 05-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by officerfrasher
Does 15 in the rear actually make it wider than the front? Is this done for looks (the look of wider in the rear than the front) or does it have to do with the way the fenders are set up. Are the rear fenders wider than the front?
from what im told nissan tucks in the rear wheels for some reason. they are on a smaller track from the factory which is why i think people get larger rear spacers than the front
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 PM
KC's FINEST

Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by KCMAXX
Some people are so retarded keep ignoring the answer to the questions they ask and still keep asking the same question in different ways.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 PM

all i see is drama from trolling OT users like YOU messing with 20eggs when all he is doing is asking valid questions.
EXACTLY, that's what I see too.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
EXACTLY, that's what I see too.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 AM

Old 05-13-2011, 12:56 AM

It's like any thread that 20eggs make equals failure....eh
Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 AM

K-Ryder MAX_KING

Last edited by twentyeggs; 05-13-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:28 AM
dot dot dot ...

Good grief,
Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Good grief,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA!!!!
oh my side!!! ahhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh... aaaaahhahahaha
Old 05-13-2011, 01:31 AM

Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 AM
dot dot dot ...

I like your socks, can I haz
Old 05-13-2011, 08:31 AM

ok im going to fully explain myself once and for all on why i am interested in this so much.

just by 1/4 to 1/2 inch at most. im trying to get the widest track possible without it looking bad. A: more stability in cornering, B: imo i think tires that protrude slightly past the fenders looks good.

my corvette rims sick out about an inch and it looks awesome. so im looking for something like this for my maxima except im having problems ensuring info on travel distance, rubbing, fenders ect..

i asked a similar question on the vette forums and showed the rims i was looking at, and one guy who was local had the same rims and told me to come by and look at them to see if they rubbed for myself. they didn't and that was all the answering i needed.

so i try and ask a similar question, involving the same concerns (fender damage, and rubbing) on the maxima forum and no one has an answer for me. yet.. still hoping someone knows enough about spacers to give me some answers.

i really wanna just go get rims and leave spacers for the birds... but i don't have my job anymore because im back in school and don't grad for 2 years. that is just too long to wait to do anything, especially since working on cars is what i love to do. so im trying to do things cheaply, and spacers will give me what im looking for. (for now)

when i grad, and im getting those 6 thousand dollar/month as a starting salary promised to me by the scholarship program im in, i will be going ape sh** in the modding department, and i will become much more useful on this .org as i am on the vette forum after doing a custom twin turbo kit when i was working and able to afford it last year. [ btw im going to 16 psi and tuning it tomorrow!! cant wait... ill make videos if yall want to see what i've done so far] so, About 80% of the money i make now (which is about nothing) goes into modding my maxima. after i grad, that number will be reduced to maybe 50% so i will be putting a 2-3 grand every month until i run out of things to do and need to buy another car.

so if you guys can help me now, ill return the favor when i begin the journey of learning by way of trial and error, in making my max one of the fastest in the world. I absolutely love sleeper cars, in fact more than i do bonafied race cars like the corvette. i still have a lot to learn with import cars but we all need to start somewhere right? I want to own my own performance shop like my pop's and make a career out of racing. its what i was born to do. but for now getting a degree is my golden ticket in acquiring the capital needed and entering into that world. So scratch my back and ill scratch yours later on down the line.

Yes, I for one would love to see video of the Vette
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 AM

lets keep it that way. forum Trolls aren't worth it. unless you can make some money out of them.

Must be under a different username???
Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 AM
KC's FINEST

FREE POST, CLICK THE LINKS UNDER MY SIG.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:41 AM

Wow, a whole thread of garbage.

Since you have stock suspension, wheels, and tire sizes, I'd probably recommend 15mm front and 20mm rear. You may rub in the rear occasionally, but it more than likely won't be on the fenders but on the fender liner. If you want to go conservative then do 15mm all around. I had 10mm in the front on the stock wheels but when I tried the 15mm in front I liked it a lot better. If you have 15mm in front then 15 in the rear may look a little recessed into the fender, 20 would look more even with the front but might increase the chance of rubbing.

As far as using spacers go, I've ran with H&R DRS spacers for almost 3 years, never had any problems.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by bcampbe7
Yes, I for one would love to see video of the Vette
cool, im getting ready to head over to the shop now. ill post when done.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by joecurr
Wow, a whole thread of garbage.

Since you have stock suspension, wheels, and tire sizes, I'd probably recommend 15mm front and 20mm rear. You may rub in the rear occasionally, but it more than likely won't be on the fenders but on the fender liner. If you want to go conservative then do 15mm all around. I had 10mm in the front on the stock wheels but when I tried the 15mm in front I liked it a lot better. If you have 15mm in front then 15 in the rear may look a little recessed into the fender, 20 would look more even with the front but might increase the chance of rubbing.

As far as using spacers go, I've ran with H&R DRS spacers for almost 3 years, never had any problems.

YES!!!THIS is what i was looking for this whole time!! THANKS MAN!!

someone who has gone as far as they could go and knows through experience.

im sold, 20 in the rear, and 15 up front. DONE!! hells yea..

thank you for saving the thread Joe.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:31 PM

I don't think the aggressive wide tire look it seems you are kind of after will work well with this car. The spacers I recommended will make it look more like newer model BMW's (I think even Mercedes or any other European brands), which seem to have much better wheel fitments stock than most Japanese and American cars.

This is how the Maxima should have came stock.

This is the front with a 10mm spacer, lowered on Progress springs. Without being lowered, it will probably look more spaced out since the front is a tiny bit cambered in, and with 15mm should be pretty flush with the outside of the fender.

This is the rear with a 15mm spacer, again lowered on Progress springs. Without being lowered, it should look pretty equivalent to this since the Progress springs lower less than an inch. With the 15mm spacers I was rubbing on the fender liner that covers the bumper mount, which I trimmed. After trimming, I never had any rubbing issues, even after I installed my coilovers and lowered it more. With 20mm, there may or may not be issues. Worst case, sell the 20mm's and get another set of 15's.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 PM

Told the egg (OP) that 10mm & 15mm is his best bet.

http://forums.maxima.org/8045975-post34.html

I don't know if he even read my two lines seriously meanwhile he was busy answering (according to what he called) thread troll members...lol

If he want's to go into trimming business then 15mm & 20mm is his next option.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 PM

ok, awesome. Well i thought i was gunna go get spacers this weekend or next but i had a horrible day at the dyno. so i need to use that money and buy another oil pump.

turns out that one pump no matter how monstrous it is, isn't enough for a non-ball bearing twin turbo kit @ 16 pounds. basically the oil was not returning and sprayed oil all up in the exhaust and on the inside of the finder and dyno.......... also that i am not going to get away with 1/2 diameter hosing with the added boost. blaaahh.. .. today was an utter fail. i don't wanna post up the videos but all you haters who don't think i own a corvette will start goin ahh blah blah blah. and i don't wanna hear it. (i bought the corvette AND turbo kit for less!! then half of you bought your maximas) JUST SO YOU KNOW they aren't some untouchable unobtainable mysterious scary car reserved only for the wealthy.. picked it up for 19 k @ 42k miles, and the kit for 6k

anyways, here are the links.

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...t=MVI_0251.mp4

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...t=MVI_0257.mp4

but back to the topic, i think i've gathered what i needed to make a decision. I am going to try the 20mm in the rear and 15mm in the front. and test it out. ill report back (when i get some more money to blow) and let you guys know how it goes. if it all goes wrong, ill ebay it up and swap them for 15mm and 10mm like Kev says.

so thanks for all the help! MUCH appreciated!!

Last edited by twentyeggs; 05-14-2011 at 01:21 AM.