6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

ECU modding with ODBII reader/writers now available for the Max

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ECU modding with ODBII reader/writers now available for the Max

Interesting news: There are now a few different companies out there that sell moded ECU software that can reprogram your ECU! Some as inexpensive as under $300! Of course you should have this done by a qualified shop/tech and you should have a baseline dyno then you can reprogram the ECU then Dyno run again then fine-tune the results. This is similar to what Technosquare was doing except better and way less expensive and/or risky. I plan on doing mine soon. This is even better than buying a VFAC or piggy back computer.... completely stealth too!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:22 PM

interesting
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 PM

lets us know how it goes, ill be doing this mod soon.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:58 AM

so whats the name of the sofware?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:03 PM

Umm I are you talking about Osiris ? Cipher ?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Umm I are you talking about Osiris ? Cipher ?
I have read about these two. Osiris is nice, however expensive.

As for the post, it is similar to me saying there are several different companies who offer turbo kits for our cars under $1000, and leaving you in suspense. I mean you couldn't list one of the companies?

Also a piggyback is the best for this car. You can tune and dyno and tune and dyno until you find what works best for you. Most have more than 1 preset, and you can switch back very quickly. Cost is fair for what you get. You also don't have to purchase a new map every time you want to upgrade something. If they came out with a plug in tuner for your OBD2 port that stays plugged in, and allows you to program your car, then that would be ideal and less invasive.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp

As for the post, it is similar to me saying there are several different companies who offer turbo kits for our cars under $1000, and leaving you in suspense. I mean you couldn't list one of the companies?

Also a piggyback is the best for this car. You can tune and dyno and tune and dyno until you find what works best for you. Most have more than 1 preset, and you can switch back very quickly. Cost is fair for what you get. You also don't have to purchase a new map every time you want to upgrade something. If they came out with a plug in tuner for your OBD2 port that stays plugged in, and allows you to program your car, then that would be ideal and less invasive.
What's wrong with doing a little bit of research on the subject yourself? (GOOGLE) That's how I discovered this. UPREV is one such company but there are more and more out there. And I disagree...the garage that I spoke to said that they can program it for about $500 Dyno included! Having a piggyback is not exactly stealthy and the wiring is tricky...and is strictly not for the average garage or person and can be expensive.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
I'm not sure where you're coming from but I sense a bit of sarcasm. I've seen your posts around the forum and frankly I'm not impressed with your antagonistic style.

Sometimes if you don't have something positive to say or contribute it's best to keep your comments to yourself. I've learnt this the hard way.

Peace!

Last edited by xorbitman; 05-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
What's wrong with doing a little bit of research on the subject yourself? (GOOGLE) That's how I discovered this. UPREV is one such company but there are more and more out there. And I disagree...the garage that I spoke to said that they can program it for about $500 Dyno included! Having a piggyback is not exactly stealthy and the wiring is tricky...and is strictly not for the average garage or person and can be expensive.
Yeah but were on this board to share info , The list of tuning ablitiies are these

TechnoSquare
UTEC
Haltech
Pro-EFI
UpREV -Osiris

Others that Ive not used or seen is

Bullydog

I mean Xordbit , if you found another new software , would you mind listing this ? this would be greatfully helpful for guys like me that likes to stay on top of list since alot of customers are always looking.

if they are offering you $500 for the software and dyno then JUMP ON IT.

Make sure they provided you with runfiles - A/F ratio's
Old 05-22-2011, 04:29 PM

This should be good.
Originally Posted by po8pimp

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
I'm not sure where you're coming from but I sense a bit of sarcasm. I've seen your posts around the forum and frankly I'm not impressed with your antagonistic style.

Sometimes if you don't have something positive to say or contribute it's best to keep your comments to yourself. I've learnt this the hard way.

Peace!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:54 PM

I was informed that TechnoSquare no longer does ECU programming for the 6th Gen Maxima. Of course this needs to be verified.

I'll have my popcorn buttered with just a hint of salt please!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM

Correct TechnoSquare does not offer it as a service anymore to 6thgens. The most popular tuning used now on 6thgens is UpREV -Osiris which is what most TOP performance shops are using. Just buy a license and get your car tuned.

eManage Ultimate doesn't work with 6thgens to its full potential so that's why its not in the picture. UTEC appears to work well as various members have used it... but they seem to have limitations.

Most members can get away with just using an APEXI SAFC2 to tune their air/fuel ratios if you just have simple bolt-on's. Just buy APEXI SAFC2, AEM Wideband and go to a performance shop for tuning.

I would only consider a standalone if I was going like turbo, fully built motor or a nitrous route. Even with nitrous you can get away by just using a custom-tuned SAFC2 map for efficiency.

Are you referring to this: http://my6thgen.org/showthread.php?p=175736

Last edited by EddyMaxx; 05-23-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM

I had the Uprev Osiris done to my car and have had no issues so far. I've noticed a diff in shiftpoints as well as a jump in power and better fuel consumption. For under $700 worth every penny.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:36 PM

I'm going to give the Osiris software a try...Let you guys know what happens after.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 PM

UPREV

Originally Posted by the macedonian
I had the Uprev Osiris done to my car and have had no issues so far. I've noticed a diff in shiftpoints as well as a jump in power and better fuel consumption. For under $700 worth every penny.
What other mods do you have?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 PM

What other mods do you have?
pretty much every possible one out there w/o the turbo.

have you had a chance to take a look at the Osiris option ?