6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Can anyone do a Led conversion in Sacramento or know a place?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can anyone do a Led conversion in Sacramento or know a place?

I was wondering if there was anyone that could do full blue led light conversion in my area or know a place that can do it on my 2007 maxima?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Teo_916
I was wondering if there was anyone that could do full blue led light conversion in my area or know a place that can do it on my 2007 maxima?

man you really need to be more specific.

What are you trying to convert? the domes floor lights trunk ect or are you trying to convert all the orange in the dash and control panel.

Will you be supplying the LEDs or are you expecting the person to already have them. What will you pay in labor/expertise.

If you are trying to convert all the orange in the dash, let me give you a heads up. It is a VERY difficult, technical, time consuming, and EXPENSIVE conversion. All that orange you see are many tiny little diodes hard wired into the circuitry. You basically have to unsolder each one and replace it with a new color diode. This is why practically no one on this forum has it done. And the ones who do have it done did it themselves because they have the skillset.

I know lots of people in Sacramento but you will need to clarify.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I want all the orange converted to blue LEDs and I will buy all the bulbs just need know what size to buy?
Old 03-16-2014, 02:40 AM

I want all the orange converted to blue LEDs and I will buy all the bulbs just need know what size to buy?
well you obviously didn't understand what I just told you.

First off, bulbs are not diodes, there is a vast difference.

Second, just forget about it. You will never get this done. There are no words to describe the incredible amount of work it would take to do this mod to someone who doesn't have electrical experience or skill. Unless you are a solder monkey gauge clusters guru, you will almost be guaranteed to destroy your circuit board. Soldering wires is different than tacking resisters, capacitors, diodes, ect.. on circuitry. You need to be quite good and experienced at circuitry specifically to pull it off. If you take this into a shop to get it done, IF you find someone, you are literally looking at over a grand in JUST LABOR. You are talking about a 10+ hour job.

Those lights you see below, are diodes soldered into a circuit board, one cannot just simply change them. Name:  2097921_30_full.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  44.6 KB

I have been tinkering all my life, and I have taken many appliances apart, and I've done my fair share of soldering. I've learned the hard way that if you are not quick and precise the iron can destroy all the delicate components in that board. When I look at this picture, I see something that I would not attempt in my own car. Odds are i would do just fine, but we are not talking about a cheap to replace mistake. I too really wanted some nice blue and red lights in my dash but after some research I quickly realize its not worth the money.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 03-16-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
well you obviously didn't understand what I just told you.

First off, bulbs are not diodes, there is a vast difference.

Second, just forget about it. You will never get this done. There are no words to describe the incredible amount of work it would take to do this mod to someone who doesn't have electrical experience or skill. Unless you are a solder monkey gauge clusters guru, you will almost be guaranteed to destroy your circuit board. Soldering wires is different than tacking resisters, capacitors, diodes, ect.. on circuitry. You need to be quite good and experienced at circuitry specifically to pull it off. If you take this into a shop to get it done, IF you find someone, you are literally looking at over a grand in JUST LABOR. You are talking about a 10+ hour job.

Those lights you see below, are diodes soldered into a circuit board, one cannot just simply change them.

I have been tinkering all my life, and I have taken many appliances apart, and I've done my fair share of soldering. I've learned the hard way that if you are not quick and precise the iron can destroy all the delicate components in that board. When I look at this picture, I see something that I would not attempt in my own car. Odds are i would do just fine, but we are not talking about a cheap to replace mistake. I too really wanted some nice blue and red lights in my dash but after some research I quickly realize its not worth the money.
This can be done. There are a couple guys on here and on my6thgen.org that know how to do this. You will have to send them your parts to get done. Some can do them quickly and send them back so you are down only for like a weekend. Here is a writeup on how to do it yourself. http://my6thgen.org/f278/how-perform...ormation-3937/ Good luck If you want someone to do it for you, just ask the guys in that thread. Some are willing to do if for a fee of course. I believe CoryXavior and Alliance did it on the org as well, but don't quote me on that. Ohh just so you are aware, I am very good with a soldering iron and will not even attempt this myself.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
Ohh just so you are aware, I am very good with a soldering iron and will not even attempt this myself.
Exactly, if you trust someone to do this and they mess up you are just out of luck. These are expensive parts, and these guys do not have insurance or capital to replace your parts of there is a mistake.

The biggest issue of mistakes are this, you will have to get a new gauge cluster with a different odometer reading than is actually on your car. If you are planning to resell your car, i know i would be bugged by that and would probably consider another persons car. I do not know if you can get a preset guage cluster to match your old one from the dealer, does anyone else know?

Teo if you do get this done would you mind giving us the price and which member offered to do it? Having a member here doing it would probably be very affordable, but again, if they mess up its all on you. When I said the price is not worth it, I was talking about an actual shop who's labor is generally 70-100/hr
Old 03-16-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
Exactly, if you trust someone to do this and they mess up you are just out of luck. These are expensive parts, and these guys do not have insurance or capital to replace your parts of there is a mistake.

The biggest issue of mistakes are this, you will have to get a new gauge cluster with a different odometer reading than is actually on your car. If you are planning to resell your car, i know i would be bugged by that and would probably consider another persons car. I do not know if you can get a preset guage cluster to match your old one from the dealer, does anyone else know?

Teo if you do get this done would you mind giving us the price and which member offered to do it? Having a member here doing it would probably be very affordable, but again, if they mess up its all on you. When I said the price is not worth it, I was talking about an actual shop who's labor is generally 70-100/hr
If I remember correctly, it was you pay shipping both ways and around 4-500 for labor and parts. The cost is high due to time it takes. When it was being offered, people where afraid of parts getting messed up and whatnot. No one really had this problem though. Just do a search oh here. The thread is old but useful non the less.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 AM

Theres a guy on Youtube. try to get in contact with him. He did all the orange to blue led it looks good but i prefer the stock