6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

'04 Maxima Bose amp/sub help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 PM

'04 Maxima Bose amp/sub help!

Recently, I noticed my subs in the rear deck arent hitting like they used to. I felt the subs and I do believe they are still working. Just nowhere near how they used to. Is there any AMP fuses or tricks/tips to get the amp working? Or is it even the AMP causing the problems? And by the way, everything is factory.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Streethoboz
Recently, I noticed my subs in the rear deck arent hitting like they used to. I felt the subs and I do believe they are still working. Just nowhere near how they used to. Is there any AMP fuses or tricks/tips to get the amp working? Or is it even the AMP causing the problems? And by the way, everything is factory.

Yeah common problem. There are other post, if you search, on how some guys approached this problem. My 03 subs mostly only works when the temp is cool. Some say it's due to a relay that turns the sub on and off. Some use cardboard to apply pressure to the sub speaker amp mounted on top of the sub. There are photos in here to show you some approaches. I think it's due to a poor design by Bose which they seem not to be able to improve.