6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Mechanic says I need a new A/C compressor hose and a new condenser hose for my 2008

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mechanic says I need a new A/C compressor hose and a new condenser hose for my 2008

When I google 2008 Maxima A/c compressor and condenser hoses do come up but they aren't called "compressor hose" or "condenser hose" I know they probably have a different name and I just don't know. The Mechanic said they were leaking and Is what's causing the A/C to blow hot air. Can someone please point me in the direction of the compressor and condenser hose for a 2008 Maxima?
Old 06-15-2016, 05:23 PM

My son has sold his maxima so I do not have the vehicle to look at. The hose that runs from the compressor to dryer is a high pressure hose. Then there is a hose from the dryer to the condenser. That is also a high pressure hose. Then there is another hose that runs from the condenser to the expansion valve/evaporator core. That is also a high pressure hose. That hose from the evaporate core to the compressor is the low pressure hose.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:49 PM

DrewQuinz: Did some additional research and went to Nissan diagram of the AC system. The condenser and dryer are a combined unit so your vehicle only have three lines. The high pressure line from the compressor to the condenser, the line from the condenser to the evaporator core (is steel line and only does not normally fail unless the vehicle has been in an accident and the low pressure hose from the evaporator core to the compressor. Your mechanic is probably referring to the line from the compressor to the condenser.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by wingnut2006
DrewQuinz: Did some additional research and went to Nissan diagram of the AC system. The condenser and dryer are a combined unit so your vehicle only have three lines. The high pressure line from the compressor to the condenser, the line from the condenser to the evaporator core (is steel line and only does not normally fail unless the vehicle has been in an accident and the low pressure hose from the evaporator core to the compressor. Your mechanic is probably referring to the line from the compressor to the condenser.
Thanks a lot for all your help, this is what confused me when I typed in the compressor and condenser hose in Amazon this came up https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C9FSSI..._N4Uyxb7F5QNP9 I know it isn't for the maxima but I assumed the hoses were supposed to come like that but didn't find anything for the Max
Old 06-16-2016, 11:33 AM

Yeah i wouldn't replace the compressor unless you know for a fact that it's shot. It's typically the high pressure line which you can replace yourself and get some cheap *** A/C stuff from walmart.. I did and my A/C is blowing colder than a penguins breath.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SR20Power
Yeah i wouldn't replace the compressor unless you know for a fact that it's shot. It's typically the high pressure line which you can replace yourself and get some cheap *** A/C stuff from walmart.. I did and my A/C is blowing colder than a penguins breath.
he said the compressor is fine it was just the hoses that were bad when I googled I saw the high pressure line come up and I assumed that was one of the hoses that needed replacement but I was still confused on the second one.