6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Car Dies while idling (some) and hard to start (Some)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Car Dies while idling (some) and hard to start (Some)

All -

I'm really hoping you can help me. My car died on me twice when I was slowing down for a stop light. It re-started immediately, (this was 2 days apart.) Now it got worse, it died and would not re-start. I let it sit awhile and it re-started again, then it died again while on my way to the Nissan store. They had it and they replaced the Front Cam sensor (Bank 2 I believe.) They said there was a code for it, that didn't fix it and it is showing that Bank 1 (INT/V TIM B1) is 64 Degrees CA. We replaced the rear and that didn't fix it, the car will start and you can rev it up but that "64" number NEVER changes. Bank 2 is reading anywhere from 0-2 and fluctuates while the car is running.

I'm attaching the Sheet he had printed out at the Nissan Store. THEY told me that I need to spend $2100 for a new timing chain and tensioners.....this just isn't adding up to me, it runs FINE when it runs, and it does idle (but will die after several minutes.) There is no top end valve chatter, it runs smooth and pulls strong when you rev it up.

If Bank 1 was really 64 Degrees off would the car run? Would it run smooth? Wouldn't it run poorly ALL the time? This just seems like an electrical or sensor issue to me.

What are your thoughts? What direction do I go in from here?

Print out from the diagnostic computer.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I forgot to mention that he had P0345 written down on his paper, I'm assuming that's the code it showed when he first connected it.