7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by I Hack 4 U
Just a quick note on my 09 max! Have you guy's seen the room in the glove compartment? It's HUGE! Even has a basic organizer. THe Trunk to me seems bigger in the 09 compared to my 04. Just my 2 cents. One thing I have noticed since I am 6'5 is getting into it I have to duck a little as my 04 I didn't have to turn my neck to get in.

As for the headlights I am impressed with them as well as the S Shape hood and sides. I have people coming up already asking what kind of car it is since I already did a little body work on it.
yea the space is great, you can seriously fit some laptops in there, for example an apple ibook or macbook (whatever it's called) will fit in there comfortably
Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 AM

My 2009 Nissan Maxima SV SP
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2958228...7606765763043/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2958228...65763043/show/ (slideshow)

Last edited by michaelle8885; 08-16-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by michaelle8885
Really nice photo/slide selection, michaelle8885. Gives us a chance to check out any detail on any part of this car. I don't think any driveway would be embarrassed by your choice of vehicle.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just picked up my 90 SV Sport in Navy Blue on charcoal.

I've driven it about 50 miles so far, and I have to say this is the nicest car I've ever been in. The CVT is awesome - I've always driven manual transmission cars, but this tranny is SO much better than standard automatics. There is even a bit of engine braking that is allowed by the CVT (at high enough RPM), in lieu of the incessant up shifting / overdrive engagement that plagues most automatics. I couldn't be happier.

Here's what I traded up for (walked out the door at $30k even):

Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 PM

I have put around 1800 miles on mine so far and it's an absolute joy to drive. Plenty of power and the car always responds when I need it to. I use the manual mode and sport modes quite a bit on the highway for a little extra fun when passing.

I have the SV sport w/ tech.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I decided to try the new photosynth software that Microsoft announced a couple of days ago to give a 360 degree view of my SV with premium and tech packages. I took 53 pictures from all around the vehicle and processed it using photosynth. I think it worked very nicely. You can see it at http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=...8-CA478A6E926E
I think you have to download their photosynth software to just even view it. There is a small ring in the center of the picture that you can click on to see the picture from different angles. You can also drag across the picture to rotate it.

I have had my car less than 2 weeks and love it. Very nice to drive.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:31 PM
dot dot dot ...

Anyone got any soundclips yet?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 PM

I really like the new maximas,
but like the bimmers,
I think the direct previous generation looks more aggressive.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just got 09 Maxima for my wife

I bought our 4th Maxima (3 autos 1 stick) a 2009 Silver 3.5 SV. I also had a 97 Q45, which I loved.

We got the Sport pkg with 19" wheels.

My wife loves the car. I really like the paddle shifter.

But the 19" Wheels look like junk

I want to buy some new rims; but No one at NISSAN can tell me what the 2009 Wheel OffSet is on the OEM wheel.

Does anyone know???

I don't want to have to pull the wheel and measure it myself.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by michaelle8885
I absolutely love this car, it is still surreal to me that I own this vehicle. I upgraded from my 96 Honda Accord 4 Dr LX to a 09 Nissan Maxima SV SP. Of course there is a huge difference and my 96 Accord can't compare to this but I'm being honest that this car is amazing. Although I liked the new design of the Maxima, I was hesitant with the design of the rear but when I went to the dealership and saw this car in person it looks so much better, especially with the rear spoiler on it. I got the Sport Package that has the 19in alloy rims and spoiler upgrade and it's is so beautiful. I am one of the few, if not the only, person to have this car in my area so far, I see a lot of eyes and heads turning when I'm driving. The standard features are great and convienent to use, the seating is comfortable and so is the ride, A LOT of space in the rear for passengers (leg room), more than you think. The BOSE sound system is amazing and sounds great, steering is smooth as well as the handling. One of my favorite things about the car is when you push the start button and the engine starts it sounds so "aggressive" and when you punch the gas the thing sounds mean, but don't get me wrong, it's not loud and annoying, it's just... sporty. The only thing I do not like about the car is that the rear windows do not go down all the way into the door frame, when you put the windows down at it's lowest, the window is still 3-4 inches visible.

GOOD: powerful, comfortable, smooth, aggressive looking, beautiful, great features, BOSE sound system

BAD: when you put the rear windows down they do not go all the way into the door frame

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR

Please feel free to ask me anything about the car, I'll try my best to answer it with accuracy, keeping in mind it is my personal opinion.
sorry, pics will be upped this weekend
Great Car, it rules! It's a clone of mine, I have exact same thing. Just curious, how much did you pay for yours? I got mind exactly at the suggested retail price of 35,300 on July 11, and was first my local dealer sold.

Dean
Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I can't start my own post since I did not hit 15 replies yet so I figured I would ask in this thread.

Where is the TPMS info on the '09 Max? I have the prem package with navi and I do not see anything where I can get the pressure reading from the TPMS. Where do I access this? I looked in maintenance etc and I do not see anything that give me pressure readings? What am I missing?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Original Nerd
I can't start my own post since I did not hit 15 replies yet so I figured I would ask in this thread.

Where is the TPMS info on the '09 Max? I have the prem package with navi and I do not see anything where I can get the pressure reading from the TPMS. Where do I access this? I looked in maintenance etc and I do not see anything that give me pressure readings? What am I missing?
I don't think you can. I think they got rid of that feature on the '09, it'll only tell you when one of the tires gets too low.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by BobXX
I don't think you can. I think they got rid of that feature on the '09, it'll only tell you when one of the tires gets too low.
That would make sense since I cannot find it anywhere. I wonder why they would remove that though. It is nice to be able ti see the actual readings of each tire rather than only when a low reading is detected.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:52 PM

Location: Long Beach, CA is where i live. Queens NYC is always home.
A few weeks ago, I did a PDI (Dealer term for pre delivery inspection) on one of these. I love the new look and the interior. I`ll say tho as a technician .. what a BIT%* this car is gonna be to work on ...underneath...lol Warranty is gonna kill us

Anyway... I took it for a drive .. nice accel.. but one disappointment was the cornering ability of the new Max. It feels heavy and to my taste was not as responsive as I`d like I hope the aftermarket makes good stuff to improve some of these flaws after all it is a 4DSC right ???
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by GAMERA30
.. nice accel.. but one disappointment was the cornering ability of the new Max. It feels heavy and to my taste was not as responsive as I`d like I hope the aftermarket makes good stuff to improve some of these flaws after all it is a 4DSC right ???

Many mag testers were very pleased with the handling of this '09. I assume you were testing the Sports equipped version with summer performance tires inflated to at least 36 pounds? I wouldn't expect any setup other than the Sports Package to approach 4DSC status. The other versions are more for the luxury feel, as this car is also promoted as a near-luxury family sedan.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM

You are supposed to be able to monitor you tire pressure through the Nav screen. I saw a post where they showed pics of it on the Nav screen. The search function is your friend Noob.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 09Max

I don't want to have to pull the wheel and measure it myself.
Hopefully, you shouldn't have to measure it. It's (the offset) is cast into the inside of the wheels of my '05.

Tire Rack and the like will have the specifics within weeks.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
Hopefully, you shouldn't have to measure it. It's (the offset) is cast into the inside of the wheels of my '05.

Tire Rack and the like will have the specifics within weeks.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait a week or two; and then pull the wheel if Tire Rack or Nissan still don't have the OffSet published yet.

I really hate the 19" OEM rims.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MAXIMAK99
You are supposed to be able to monitor you tire pressure through the Nav screen. I saw a post where they showed pics of it on the Nav screen. The search function is your friend Noob.
The picture was supposedly from the 2008 Model. I already searched... but thanks for calling me a noob.

I have the car and it doesn't show anything in the manual or in the different navi screens. All the manual talks about is the light that comes on during start up and if there is a low reading than that same light comes on.

Oh and by the way, the picture was in THIS THREAD. Thanks noob.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have also been looking for the TPMS screen and have not been able to find it either. But I am holding out hope because on page 5-4 of the Owners Manual, the fourth bullet says:
  • You can also check the pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display screen (if so equipped). The order of the tire pressure figures displayed on the screen does not correspond with the actual order of the tire position. See "Tire pressure information" in the "Monitor, climate, audio, phone and voice recognition" section.
I plan on asking the dealer about this.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by TerrySC
I have also been looking for the TPMS screen and have not been able to find it either. But I am holding out hope because on page 5-4 of the Owners Manual, the fourth bullet says:
  • You can also check the pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display screen (if so equipped). The order of the tire pressure figures displayed on the screen does not correspond with the actual order of the tire position. See "Tire pressure information" in the "Monitor, climate, audio, phone and voice recognition" section.
I saw that too. This is why I was really confused. I can't see having the fully loaded premium package with this feature removed. I really want to see all 4 tires readings not just a light in case the reading is too low. Please let us know what the dealer says.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:58 PM

I saw that too. This is why I was really confused. I can't see having the fully loaded premium package with this feature removed. I really want to see all 4 tires readings not just a light in case the reading is too low. Please let us know what the dealer says.

This TPMS using only a light to indicate low pressure in a tire is not useful for me. I carry 37 psi in my tires, and I will bet the TPMS is only triggered by a reading dropping below around 27 or 28 psi. I check my tires frequently, have very visible valve stem caps that turn red if the pressure drops below 34 psi (and look at them every time I enter/leave the car), so would catch a slow leak rather quickly. About the only thing this minimalistic Nissan TPMS system would tell me is that I have just had a blowout or flat while driving. I suspect I would know that about the same instant the TPMS system does.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait a week or two; and then pull the wheel if Tire Rack or Nissan still don't have the OffSet published yet.

Are you planning on selling them after you get the new rims?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:09 AM

I've been curious about this too... my dealer's service department didn't even know. I sent an inquiry to Nissan USA and am awaiting a reply.

Last night I looked and felt all over the wheel for an offset stamp but didn't find anything. If it's stamped on the wheel, the only places it could be are either inside hidden by the tire or where it mates up to the car.

Do we know the bolt pattern at least? Let me know if you find any information.

-John
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM

Location: Long Beach, CA is where i live. Queens NYC is always home.
the bolt pattern for all 5 lug passenger nissan is 5 x 4.5 ( 5x114.3). all Nissan passenger cars also have a 66.1mm hub bore. As far as offset for the new Maxima rims.. I think it`s the same as the 6th gen.. but i`m not sure on that .. We haven`t tried swapping rims at my job yet on the 09 Max
Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
This TPMS using only a light to indicate low pressure in a tire is not useful for me. I carry 37 psi in my tires, and I will bet the TPMS is only triggered by a reading dropping below around 27 or 28 psi. I check my tires frequently, have very visible valve stem caps that turn red if the pressure drops below 34 psi (and look at them every time I enter/leave the car), so would catch a slow leak rather quickly. About the only thing this minimalistic Nissan TPMS system would tell me is that I have just had a blowout or flat while driving. I suspect I would know that about the same instant the TPMS system does.
28psi is the trigger point on the 6.5g... I can feel the change in the tire's behavior at 32-33psi, long before the idiot light comes on. 28psi is a full 10psi below the recommended high speed pressure on the 6.5g SE. TPMS (especially with an idiot light only) IS WORTHLESS. But all 6.5g's without NAV are exactly this way.

I looked in the TPMS section of the 09 manual and it only mentions the idiot light regardless of NAV status, and the NAV menu tree does not show it at all.

The mention in the manual that others noted is probably a good 'ol "copy 'n' paste" error as the writers pulled verbage from other manuals. Hope I'm wrong, but...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bmore
Picked mine of 8/8. White w/ Tan. Premium + Tech. Added 20" Chrome & Tint. Loving it so far!

Dude, what are you trying to do to me? I was all set on the 06/07 M35 and now this! Awesome car man. It looks so good in white and the chrome 20's are PERFECTION on that car!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I was at the dealer today but there was no immediate help on this. Their quick answer was that my car must not be "so equipped" as the manual states. When I told them the only options I did not have were the spoiler and the emergency kit for the trunk, they said they would have to check into it more.

I also showed them on page 4-123 of the Owners Manual in the alternate command mode of voice recognition that there is a menu shown that has Tire Pressure as one of the commands (this is in the middle screen on that page). The command Tire Pressure is also listed as one of the commands on page 4-126. However, when I tried this on my car there is no Tire Pressure or Trip Computer on the Info screen as shown in the manual. I also tried those two voice commands and it did not recognize them even though all other commands on the screen were recognized so I suspect their manual needs some revisions.

I will wait and see what the dealer can come up with.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:52 PM

Those this car weigh around 3600-3700 pounds, looks heavy. But I'm glad they brought back the 4DSC label. How do you guys rate it from 1-10?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am new to this group and a 3rd gen Max owner (244K plus miles). This site is immensely helpful (thanks guys) to me as I am now seeking to purchase another motor car. Is anyone else interested the highly anticipated diesel 2010 Max? Is Renault reliable and will Nissan get it right the FIRST time for the U.S. market/ EPA regulations? In light of fuel cost, I would be willing to wait, but is it even worth waiting for? Any opinions?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I also showed them on page 4-123 of the Owners Manual in the alternate command mode of voice recognition that there is a menu shown that has Tire Pressure as one of the commands (this is in the middle screen on that page). The command Tire Pressure is also listed as one of the commands on page 4-126. However, when I tried this on my car there is no Tire Pressure or Trip Computer on the Info screen as shown in the manual. I also tried those two voice commands and it did not recognize them even though all other commands on the screen were recognized so I suspect their manual needs some revisions.

I will wait and see what the dealer can come up with.
Please let us know what you hear back. I saw the same things in the book and I thought I was going crazy. I thought something was wrong with my navi since it wouldn't work even after trying the voice commands. It just seems strange that since the sensors are already in and we have the nice screen with the navi that it wouldn't be a feature available with the premium package.

Thanks for the update.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:37 PM

Hey lightonthehill,
The new gas cap fixed the SES. The 12V outlet issue was an unconnected connector in the center console. Seat heaters were not working either, same plug I was told. No issues other than those. Dealer has been superb, couldn't ask for more. I just rolled 1K miles on the way home. The more I drive it the more I love it, the seat is extremely comfortable.
Thanks for your help.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by jacejax
Hey lightonthehill,
The new gas cap fixed the SES. The 12V outlet issue was an unconnected connector in the center console. Seat heaters were not working either, same plug I was told. No issues other than those. Dealer has been superb, couldn't ask for more. I just rolled 1K miles on the way home. The more I drive it the more I love it, the seat is extremely comfortable.
Thanks for your help.

Jacejax - I am so glad your problems were easily fixed by your (apparently astute) dealer. I am hopeful this 7th gen intro year will not have the problems the 6th gen '04 intro did (such things as steering shimmy, rotor warping, weak steering rack, etc).

So far, the major complaints with the '09 seem to be with Nissan philosophy (no manual tranny, no psi readout for the TPMS system, no gaudy exterior colors, no double panel roof with Sport package, etc).

Thanks for the followup. I had been worried about your problems, figuring I might have the same ones when I get my '09. I am relieved.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Anyone got any soundclips yet?
everyone says the exhaust sounds good. at least someone hear with one can take 20 secs of there time to make a sound clip!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM

did you look in your wheel wells?

I have an odd question.
The new Maxima has padded wheel wells. Why would nissan put padding on the outside of the wheel well? What happens when that material gets wet/dirty?
Any insight would be appreciated. I drive 4th gen and mine does not have it, they may have done it with 5th or 6th gen, but I only noticed it now.
thanks,
Max
Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
everyone says the exhaust sounds good. at least someone hear with one can take 20 secs of there time to make a sound clip!
My camera didn't do a very good job at catching the complete sound of the exhaust, but I guess it's decent enough . Here you go:

Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by maxud
I have an odd question.
The new Maxima has padded wheel wells. Why would nissan put padding on the outside of the wheel well? What happens when that material gets wet/dirty?
Any insight would be appreciated. I drive 4th gen and mine does not have it, they may have done it with 5th or 6th gen, but I only noticed it now.
thanks,
Max
It cuts down on noise and it dries after it gets wet.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM

man...that 09 max is a sexual car indeed lol
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I love most everything about this maxima (3rd Generation owner here...1992 SE manual transmission)...I am in the market for a new car, but after travelling to both Nissan and Infiniti dealerships yesterday, there does not seem to be a VAST difference in price b/t the Maxima Premium package and G35 with Premium Package. What are your thoughts? Personally, I would be willing to pay a couple more thousand dollars for a "true" premium entry-luxury motor car that apparently is LOVED by all critics.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by SirLennox
I love most everything about this maxima (3rd Generation owner here...1992 SE manual transmission)...I am in the market for a new car, but after travelling to both Nissan and Infiniti dealerships yesterday, there does not seem to be a VAST difference in price b/t the Maxima Premium package and G35 with Premium Package. What are your thoughts? Personally, I would be willing to pay a couple more thousand dollars for a "true" premium entry-luxury motor car that apparently is LOVED by all critics.

Just a few thoughts; I have seen several reviewers of the '09 Maxima who like the way it rides, drives and handles better than they do the G35. The Maxima back seat feels roomier to me, and the trunk is also larger. For me, the Maxima definitely has a more aggressive and more noticable styling. The out-the-door price for the '09 Maxima has begun falling from the artificially high intro level, and by late fall, should be approaching invoice, which would make it measurably lower than a comparably equipped G35. Does the G35 have a heated steering wheel and air conditioned driver's seat? Those are 'musts' for me. Of course you can't go wrong with either. My best advice? Continue to look at, sit in, test-drive and negotiate price for both until you feel you know which one is best for you.

Quick Reply: OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?