7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I picked up my 09 a few weeks ago. I have nothing but praise for this car - from the well designed interior to the beautiful sheet metal. It took a bit to get used to the CVT, as this is the first time that I have ever used one. Platinum Gray SV Sport + Tech w/ frost interior.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by g00ch
I picked up my 09 a few weeks ago. I have nothing but praise for this car - from the well designed interior to the beautiful sheet metal. It took a bit to get used to the CVT, as this is the first time that I have ever used one. Platinum Gray SV Sport + Tech w/ frost interior.
Welcome aboard, g00ch. Keep us informed as to how your new baby does. I wanted a frost interior (brightens things up, and doesn't get as blisteringly hot as dark leather), but a frost interior is not available with a Winter Frost exterior and Premium package.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Love my '09

So, lightonthehill, did you get an 09 yet? It draws alot of stares on the road still. Prob. folks wondering what it is.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
So, lightonthehill, did you get an 09 yet? It draws alot of stares on the road still. Prob. folks wondering what it is.

Not yet; I have so many irons in the fire right now I'm not even sure what month it is, much less what day. I searched the nearest 14 dealers (all in the north Georgia area), and the only '09 equipped exactly as I am interested in (Winter Frost, Premium, Cafe Latte interior) is one that arrived at my nearest dealer June 25 (first day of '09 sales), stayed there for a month (available at a way-jacked-up price), then was moved to his other lot about 20 miles away (where they still wanted MSRP), where it sat for another month, and now is shown in the inventory of a third dealer in Griffin GA (obviously was involved in a swap).

I am a little concerned with even considering this particular car, as it will have been test-driven by many folks. I usually try to catch a new one as it is arriving at the dealership, and nail it down before any of these wild, crazy, and absolutely insane maxima.org members 'test-drive' it for maximum accelleration, then cruise in it at 140MPH when the car has only 3 miles on the odo.

But I am ready, have my cash for the full amount in hand, and things have reached a point where dealers are dealing. I may just order mine built if I don't see a recently-arrived one equipped as I want very soon.

Won't be long! Thanks for asking.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:31 PM

i feel its worth waiting until diesel version shows up. i suspect it may go awd, as cvt+fwd wont handle that much torq? just a thought.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Welcome aboard, g00ch. Keep us informed as to how your new baby does. I wanted a frost interior (brightens things up, and doesn't get as blisteringly hot as dark leather), but a frost interior is not available with a Winter Frost exterior and Premium package.
Thanks for the welcome - I've lurked on these forums before when I owned my 2000 SE, which was unfortunately plagued with problem rotors, intake and catalyst problems as well as a new clutch at 12k. A mistake to get a first production year model again? Only time will tell. I just couldn't resist the temptation.

Being located in PHX, I had to get a lighter interior. One of my buddies has the black leather in his G35, and it gets mighty toasty.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:26 PM

Well I just placed my order for 2009 Maxima SV w/ Tech Package for my wife. I dont come home from Iraq till February and thats when it will be finished. I say its for my wife but Ill probably catch myself driving more than my truck . Anyways had a few questions about it. I did not get the "Premium Package" bc i am a cheapskate, I was wondering if the Charcoal Leather comes with that Red Stictching on just the Sport model or all the models? Any pics of that color interior? How do yall like the NAV system? This is my first Nissan, so its a whole new world to me. Im sure my wife and I will love it though. Oh and I paide a little under 31K OTD. Im a member of GMFULLSIZE.com which is a forum, for GM trucks. I may be on here alot more now. LOL. Thanks guys! :handshake:
Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by g00ch
my 2000 SE, which was unfortunately plagued with problem rotors, intake and catalyst problems as well as a new clutch at 12k. A mistake to get a first production year model again?

I bought my 2000 SE in July 1999, less than a month after they first began arriving at dealers, and that beautiful, completely loaded baby never gave me the first whimper of trouble. Ever. Probably the 'luck of the draw'.

You were very smart to get a light-colored interior; after a few hours in the sun, dark leather will brand you like you were a longhorn steer.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by SSGStukes
Well I just placed my order for 2009 Maxima SV w/ Tech Package for my wife. I dont come home from Iraq till February and thats when it will be finished.:

I will let someone who already has their '09 answer the technical questions, but I am shocked there is a FIVE MONTH turnaround on special orders. At this point (three months after going on sale), I really feel there is no excuse for Nissan to take more than two or three months on special orders. Unless you insisted on a built-in caviar dispensing machine.

Keep your head low, and come home safe, Sarge. And much gratitude for your service.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Love my '09

I was wondering if the Charcoal Leather comes with that Red Stictching on just the Sport model or all the models? Any pics of that color interior? How do yall like the NAV system? :handshake:
I can't answer the first question. I got the tech and sport and the charcoal/black with red stitching came on it. I don't know if or which package it may have been attached to.

Pics, I'll have some this weekend. Both interior and exterior, if someone posts before then, great..

Nav system. It works, has tons of options. Are you looking for something specific?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:59 AM

I just know that some Factory Nav Systems suck. Can you override the DVD player safety crap? And is it easy to store music on the system? Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Love my '09

I actually feel that this nav system is BETTER than the portable unit I used to know and love. More options, routing is better (actually seems to choose INTELLIGENT routes) over some of the retarded ones my little unit did. There's only a few companies that make civilian routing maps, so for accuracy, you're still at their mercy. no 1:50,000 maps with grids for you. LOL. Ex Army.

Music. If the one you ordered has the MUSIC BOX feature, you can do the music. It rips music CD's to the hard disk. if you didn't get that feature, the answer is no. Note, music CD's only, not CD's with MP3s.

Overriding the safety crap. Not via the touch screen, some of the items are greyed out if you are in any gear but P. Seems that the voice enabled stuff still seems to work tho.

If someone is able to completely override the safety stuff, that's a mod I'd love too.

I have PDF's of the QRG, manual and nav manual. Not sure where I can post them for all to get if they want, but a bit of searching on the net will find them for you.

lol, scrolled up, noticed you got the tech pkg. You'll have the 9Gb of space for the music, CF player, Ipod interface (useless to me) and lots of fun goodies.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any suggestions on cleaning the navigation screen? and other stuff....

None of the manuals have any info on how to clean all the fingertips marks off the navi screen....

I would assume you could use a little glass cleaner and a soft cloth (Like on a computer screen) but I don't want to do something wrong???

Also, my stitching isn't red....it's more of a dark pink/mauve color.
SV/sport/navigation/dark slate/charcoal interior

Bought mine 2 weeks ago tomorrow and still haven't seen another one on the road. Live in Los Angeles and am getting approximately 23 miles to the gallon on average.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.........SSG! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We have not forgotten about you at home! We support you and pray for you and your families everyday- and your safe return home! Thank you for protecting the land of the FREE!!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 AM

Well thank you guys for your help on this, and thank very much for the support
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Enjoy the discussion about the spoiler. Picking up my 09 Premium and Tech package tomorrow. Have ordered the Spoiler but it will not be in for three weeks. ( Ordered same time as the car) However Sales Rep says they just disconnect the rear window lights and add Spoiler and hook those lights up. I said the should remove the rear window lights or it would look hooky! Said he did'nt think they could. I note others here have the Spoiler on the Prem package and have the light removed. Thanks for info.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 AM

Picked mine up last night, gorgeous car! Winter Frost / charcoal / Premium / Nav.... LOVE IT! Drove 20 miles on interstate and got 30.5 MPG. Haven't had much time to play with any of the toys yet, but the weekend is coming : ) I drove about 60-65 MPH (remember we are breaking these cars in!) and at 60 MPH my RPM was 1900 and at 65 MPH the RPM was 2000. At a stop the idle is about 600. The dual panel moon roof is great. Don't know that I will open it much but the light that comes in is wonderful.... To Lightonhill... The charcoal leather will be fine for me here in SC. My '02SE had charcoal and I did okay with that using a sheild in my front window. The dealer had taken the car to put premium fuel in it and the seat was cold... took me a few minutes after leaving the dealer to figure out the cooled seat was on! I waited and saved over 2 years for this car and now I can say it was worth every minute. Oh yes, and I know we are not supposed to say how great the CVT is on this forum so you can consider it implied!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Love my '09

Lol, you can say how great the CVT is in the 7th gen forum.

(Considering there aren't any other options at this time)
Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by maxud
Hi,
can you please share your price without Taxes/title and registration. Those fees vary by state, so it is hard for me to grasp the number in CT.
Also please share the name of the dealership, if you dont mind. If it is prohibited, can you please pm me with that info?
thanks,
Max
Mud,
it was 34,323 for the car......
Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Can anyone help me with the exact specs for going to a 20 inch rim, offset? recommended tire size etc... Can't wait must go bigger!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Hey Guys,
I need your help don't want to get the wrong size and waste my dough!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by lee3up1
Can anyone help me with the exact specs for going to a 20 inch rim, offset? recommended tire size etc... Can't wait must go bigger!!!!!!

I'll let those into 'upsizing' post the info you are looking for. But I just wanted to be sure you knew the offset on both the 18" X 8" and 19" X 8" OEM wheels for the '09 is +50mm, and the bolt pattern and bore are exactly the same as the 6th gen.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:29 PM

Listening to all you guys talk about the '09 made me throw up a little in my mouth. It's a friggin car people.............I would never pay $35k+ for piece of plastic. Flame me up now.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Love my '09

Lol, there are many more folks who pay MUCH, MUCH more than that for a car.

And no, I'm not going to flame you for your opinion.

Last edited by Compusmurf; 09-18-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:09 PM

Man ,that Navy Blue color is sick! This car's design, is miles ahead of that ugly bloaty 6th Gen. I wish they had put the 3.7L engine into this car though
Old 09-19-2008, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Man ,that Navy Blue color is sick! This car's design, is miles ahead of that ugly bloaty 6th Gen. I wish they had put the 3.7L engine into this car though

Nissan has not yet built a 3.7 for a FWD vehicle. The 3.7 built for RWD vehicles cannot just be dropped into a vehicle built on a FWD frame.

I'm just happy they upped the HP by 35 to gain clear power separation from the Altima. The styling of the new Maxima has also left the Altima looking stale. Consumer Reports correctly rates the Altima better than Accord or Camry, but the Altima is no longer in the same league with the '09 Maxima.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:50 AM

We need some performance mod, intake, tuner of some sort, etc.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 AM

I will let someone who already has their '09 answer the technical questions, but I am shocked there is a FIVE MONTH turnaround on special orders. At this point (three months after going on sale), I really feel there is no excuse for Nissan to take more than two or three months on special orders.

Keep your head low, and come home safe, Sarge. And much gratitude for your service.

I placed my order on July 26 and picked it up September 17.... about 7-8 weeks...
Old 09-19-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 4themax
I placed my order on July 26 and picked it up September 17.... about 7-8 weeks...

You are the third one here that received their special order '09 Maxima in less than two months. I don't understand why they gave Sarge a February estimated arrival date.

Sarge's folks may have run into that traditional old salesperson gimmick of giving a way-out arrival date for special orders in hopes that they would just settle for one already on the dealer's lot. I have run into that before. If that is what happened, then Sarge's Maxima will probably arrive within two months of the time the dealer submits the order.

That brings me to another point: I remember my wife special-ordering a truck back in 2004, realizing about ten days later that she had made a mistake in the order, rushing to the dealer to try to contact Ford and get the order changed, and finding out the order had not even been sent in yet.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 PM

I just picked up an 09 SV black on black leather Sport + Tech package. I absolutely love this thing.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Love my '09

Ok, since I've never driven any Maxima under 07, how does it compare to your 03?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:39 PM

I don't own one, but I had the pleasure of getting my front bumper knocked off by a white on with only 216 miles on it in a mall parking lot last week. I was checking it out afterwards, I love how the front of it looks, nice and aggressive!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by COliveira
I just picked up an 09 SV black on black leather Sport + Tech package. I absolutely love this thing.

Congrats! Nice choice. But this purchase obligates you to keep us informed as to how your love for this '09 continues to grow and blossom. There are some 'doubting Thomases' still on the fence here on the ORG who need to hear from owners like you who can dispel any incorrect rumors we may be hearing from Maxima doubters.

Enjoy your great ride, and keep us informed.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 AM

You are the third one here that received their special order '09 Maxima in less than two months. I don't understand why they gave Sarge a February estimated arrival date.

Sarge's folks may have run into that traditional old salesperson gimmick of giving a way-out arrival date for special orders in hopes that they would just settle for one already on the dealer's lot. I have run into that before. If that is what happened, then Sarge's Maxima will probably arrive within two months of the time the dealer submits the order.

That brings me to another point: I remember my wife special-ordering a truck back in 2004, realizing about ten days later that she had made a mistake in the order, rushing to the dealer to try to contact Ford and get the order changed, and finding out the order had not even been sent in yet.
I picked that delivery date. I will be home in February sometime, and I want to be there when my wife picks it up from the Dealership its sent to in Houston. I ordered through a Military Overseas Purchases program and they allowed me to pick a delivery date as close as 2-3 months out. I really hope I dont regret not getting some of the packages. I only got the 09 SV w/ Tech and Cold Packages..I swayed away from the Premium and Sport for some reason. I just hope i dont kick myself later.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM

I picked mine up this morning 19 miles on her, navy blue/cafe latte premium,tech pack,splash guards,spoiler, loaded. Coming from a base model 94' camaro for the last 12 years quite an upgrade if i don't say so myself. It's going to take a while to figure out how all the bells and whistles work, looking forward to it though.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM

I picked that delivery date. I will be home in February sometime, and I want to be there when my wife picks it up from the Dealership its sent to in Houston. I ordered through a Military Overseas Purchases program and they allowed me to pick a delivery date as close as 2-3 months out. I really hope I dont regret not getting some of the packages. I only got the 09 SV w/ Tech and Cold Packages..I swayed away from the Premium and Sport for some reason. I just hope i dont kick myself later.

Now I understand. That is much better. Something else to look forward to when you get home. Yes, the Premium and Sport packages have lots of goodies, but the SV with tech and cold package is a rather nicely equipped vehicle that has all the essentials plus some play-things for fun.

Just five more months. Keep that head low and your helmet on, buddy. I still have all my Army unis from my three years active duty back in the 1950s (and eight years reserve duty in the '60s). I was very proud to be a soldier, although I was a little disappointed when my orders were changed from Germany to Korea two weeks before I left Ft Huachuca AZ, because I had taken five semesters of German in college, and wanted to use it before I forgot everything. Instead, I learned a little Hangul, and made a few friendships with Koreans that have lasted over fifty years.

Army all the way!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

WOW I LOVE IT

We have had our Max for two weeks now and it only has 1100 km on it its a joy to drive. Its dark gray with tech and Premium Package. funny thing is I havent see one around here yet
Old 09-20-2008, 03:59 PM

i dont see how (other than budget ) people would not want all the features avalible in this max..( ok i forgot about the people who plan to put aftermarket stuff in..).. but still these cars are hot. and its bitter sweet that more people are getting them.. i like the "im the onlyone in my area with it" feeling
Old 09-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by liypfhe1
i dont see how (other than budget ) people would not want all the features avalible in this max..( ok i forgot about the people who plan to put aftermarket stuff in..).. but still these cars are hot. and its bitter sweet that more people are getting them.. i like the "im the onlyone in my area with it" feeling
Totally got that bitter sweet feeling this morning, had not seen one on the road yet and low and behold coming back from the bank money in hand to pick up mine today saw a navy blue one in a neighbors driveway! Same color as mine but not loaded like mine lol.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BluFlame
i feel its worth waiting until diesel version shows up. i suspect it may go awd, as cvt+fwd wont handle that much torq? just a thought.
I will love to see a Maxima AWD, but that sounds like M35x so, I don't think it will possible under Nissan badge's.

Who knows.

Last edited by Yaco_Max; 09-20-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM

Congrats! Nice choice. But this purchase obligates you to keep us informed as to how your love for this '09 continues to grow and blossom. There are some 'doubting Thomases' still on the fence here on the ORG who need to hear from owners like you who can dispel any incorrect rumors we may be hearing from Maxima doubters.

Enjoy your great ride, and keep us informed.
There is no comparison to my 03. This car is truly a machine. There is nothing I dislike about it. I've got 343 miles on it and not a single complaint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?