7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Iphone Issues-other

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cool...thanks for the info. I just ordered one too!

Originally Posted by choice89
No prob, I am just happy that the adapter actually works as stated I was tired of draining my IPHONE or having to unplug it so I could plug my cigarette lighter adapter in and losing my music. Now I can have it all!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Those adaptors are available at the Apple Store. ($25) I bought mine there. I just got my Maxima on Tues, and charged the phone with it, but haven't played with the 3G yet in the car. (I have just used my 60GB one)
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Cool which IPod work with generation 7 Max

can we have all generation 7 maxima owner list all the working ipod model with this car? I just purchased my 09 max premium package with Precision Gray exterior and charcoal interior. i am thinking of getting the ipod to play music and video but not sure which ipod or iphone to get without having to purchase unnecessary converter. appreciate all the response...

will other device work such as zune or sony, etc...

BTW. why can't i start a new thread

Last edited by airwolf09; 01-03-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by airwolf09
can we have all generation 7 maxima owner list all the working ipod model with this car? I just purchased my 09 max premium package with Precision Gray exterior and charcoal interior. i am thinking of getting the ipod to play music and video but not sure which ipod or iphone to get without having to purchase unnecessary converter. appreciate all the response...

will other device work such as zune or sony, etc...

BTW. why can't i start a new thread
You cant start a new thread most likely becasue you are new and only have 1 post. Take a look at the FAQ the answer should be there.

As far as your ipod question goes, the ones that will work 100% are the 2G Iphones and any ipod before the most recent 4th Gen. I beleive the 4G ipod is the 1st gen with the updated charging interface. FOr the 4g Ipod and and 3G Iphone, Ipod Touch, you can use them it just wont charge the device.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
Those adaptors are available at the Apple Store. ($25) I bought mine there. I just got my Maxima on Tues, and charged the phone with it, but haven't played with the 3G yet in the car. (I have just used my 60GB one)
Hmmmm Havent seen them before must be new, I know they used to have kits for the 2g but not this particular adapter for the 3G. As far as I knew the only solution was the cablejive since Apple did not make an adapter.

EDIT just found what I believe is the adapter you were talking about:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...Dc5OQ&s=newest

sche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G is the actual product.

Last edited by JHOVAMAX; 01-03-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by JHOVAMAX
Hmmmm Havent seen them before must be new, I know they used to have kits for the 2g but not this particular adapter for the 3G. As far as I knew the only solution was the cablejive since Apple did not make an adapter.

Thats pretty sweet!! It looks just like the one I purchased but a little slimmer!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:58 AM

You cant start a new thread most likely becasue you are new and only have 1 post. Take a look at the FAQ the answer should be there.

As far as your ipod question goes, the ones that will work 100% are the 2G Iphones and any ipod before the most recent 4th Gen. I believe the 4G ipod is the 1st gen with the updated charging interface. For the 4g Ipod and and 3G Iphone, Ipod Touch, you can use them it just wont charge the device.
So I have to get Ipod generation 1 to 3 to get it works. I was thinking of getting theApple iPod Video 5.5 Gen. 30 GB. will this ipod video work? if it's not, can i use the adapter interface charger with it? how is the center console display look when ipod connected? will it display the same screen that show on the ipod and play video from the ipod?

Last edited by airwolf09; 01-04-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So I have to get Ipod generation 1 to 3 to get it works. I was thinking of getting theApple iPod Video 5.5 Gen. 30 GB. will this ipod video work? if it's not, can i use the adapter interface charger with it? how is the center console display look when ipod connected? will it display the same screen that show on the ipod and play video from the ipod?
I have a 5.5 gen 60gb video iPod that works fine. Charges, plays...without the adaptor.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 AM

Sorry should have clarified, its the 4th Gen Nano (newest one) that I beleive has the new charging (usb based) interface. The IPOD touch may also have this new interface. I do not beleive the other Ipods do, but there are better places to find that out.

As far as the center display Youll get the Track, Album info, but no cover art. Youll basically get all the information available to you about the track that you can get on the IPOD you can get on the screen for the Maxia. THe browsing interface is much like the IPOD as well. VIdeo I dont beleive will play unless you are in park (there is a kill switch).
Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 AM

thank you Chrisedge and JHOVAMAX your reply help me a lot. I will then get the ipod video gen 5.5 with 80GB then

I am hoping that someone have a mod and instruction to bypass the video so that I can get it plays the video while the car in motion as we often travel via car on vacation and I hate to hook up another separate video.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Sorry should have clarified, its the 4th Gen Nano (newest one) that I beleive has the new charging (usb based) interface. The IPOD touch may also have this new interface. I do not beleive the other Ipods do, but there are better places to find that out.

As far as the center display Youll get the Track, Album info, but no cover art. Youll basically get all the information available to you about the track that you can get on the IPOD you can get on the screen for the Maxia. THe browsing interface is much like the IPOD as well. VIdeo I dont beleive will play unless you are in park (there is a kill switch).
Hey J,
I have searched the Internet high and low on other forums and discussions and I have yet to find a bypass or kill switch or any other solution to the vidoe/nab option while driving. I am sure in time someone will be brave enough to cut some wires and create the bypass I am sure alot of us are waiting for. I undretand the safety issues and legal ramifications of having video playback up front. But traveling with the wife on long road trips to TX would make the trip so much more comfortable and less boring for her. I will keep my fingers crossed!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2nd gen 32GB Ipod Touch and it will not recharge while plugged into the Maxima.

Thanks for the tip on the adapter.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks Choice and JHov I just ordered an adapter off Apple's website, so hopefully soon I'll be able to listen to songs off my iPhone.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 PM

Updated Iphone doesn't work now.

I got my Max 6-30-08, the bluetooth worked fine, I got a 3g Iphone in Nov. of 08 and it has worked fine until it was updated 2 weeks ago and now it is incompatibly with the car, it drops the call, I tried 2 other updated Iphones and had different problems with them. Has anybody else had this happen to them?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi, I just purchased the new 09 Maxima. I have a 1st gen Ipod touch. I can't play video from the Touch even in park with the e-brake on. I have gone through all the menus but cannot find the video files. Is it the ipod or the car? Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Can't play the video throught the iPod cable. you have to purchase the video out cables and hook it up to the AUX port.

This has been tested by another around the ORG.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 PM

Called Apple

I talked to Apple today, the bluetooth was only to work with the Apple headset. I was lucky to have it work in my car. With the upgade 2.2.1 it changed the phone and it doesn't work, I tried other IPhones with the upgrade and they didn't work. Apple is giving this info to there engineers to fix the problem. This has affected a lot of cars. BMW, Benz's, Hondas, Acuras and other cars. Lets hope they fix it because you have to be handsfree in Chicago.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i just bought my '09 max on friday night and my iphone 3g (2.2.1) paired with no problems. initially, i had the car in drive (foot on the brake) and it would not pair. i shifted to park and it paired instantly. while i haven't received any calls yet, i've been making them with no problems and the quality is very good.

on a somewhat (un)related note, my 4th gen ipod sometimes disconnects (that's what the nav display says) while playing through the interface. it reconnects and picks up where it left off after about 10 seconds. anyone else having connection drop-outs with a 4th gen or other ipod?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:29 PM

I have no issues with the 2.2.1 software and never had any issues with my car. Sorry.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 PM

This is exactly what I needed. Works perfectly!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by netjack
totally random question -

when you leave the car, will the doors automatically lock even if you don't hit the switches on the handle or the lock button on the intelli-key? If so, how long before the doors automatically lock?

thx
I actually just noticed the auto-lock this morning. I unlocked driver door (didn't open door) and when I walked about 5 feet away from the car (with my key in pocket) the door automatically locked. Something tells me it will not autolock with key inside car.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a quick questions for you guys. I bought the 09 max 6 months ago and I have the premium package but I didnt get a ipod cable with the car. The regular ipod/iphone cable is usb and doesnt fit in the ipod connection in the car. Was I supposed to get a Nissan cable with the car to connect the ipod/iphone to? The dealership says it doesn't come with the car and parts dept. says they don't know what to order for me. All they have is a wire harness which I assume is the one already in my car. Please help!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by phildog
I have a quick questions for you guys. I bought the 09 max 6 months ago and I have the premium package but I didnt get a ipod cable with the car. The regular ipod/iphone cable is usb and doesnt fit in the ipod connection in the car. Was I supposed to get a Nissan cable with the car to connect the ipod/iphone to? The dealership says it doesn't come with the car and parts dept. says they don't know what to order for me. All they have is a wire harness which I assume is the one already in my car. Please help!

I already answered this once, and my answer has not changed. No need to post the question twice.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by phildog
If you got the package with the Rear View Camera and or the Navigation then you should automatically have the iPod/iPhone Cable. If you just got the car without the the Premium Package or Tech Package then you wont have the cable
Old 06-26-2009, 11:12 AM

iPhone 3G "S" works flawlessly

Doesn't seem to charge, which is fine...but, the iPhone 3G "S" model works perfect with the interface. We don't have stereo bluetooth in our '09s tho, do we?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Found a solution for anyone with the Iphone 3G. Here is the link. You can also get a/v cables cheap.
http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/connector.htm?connipod.htm

Awesome Stuff right there!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM

iphone 3GS and maxima

anyone try the new Iphone 3GS with the maxima interface and see if it works?

I'm thinking of getting the iphone 3GS but want to make sure it works.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM

Works just fine.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM

But you will still need the adapter to charge it in the car, correct?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 09Maxima_Sam
But you will still need the adapter to charge it in the car, correct?
Definitely need the adapter. Sosche Passport. Works great.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

iPhone 3GS and Maxima

Have you seen any information around as to whether Nissan will offer an updated cable for compatibility with the new iPhones?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by rrubio62
Have you seen any information around as to whether Nissan will offer an updated cable for compatibility with the new iPhones?
No fact is the 2010 has a USB connector. USB is now the International standard for all cell phones.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM

So, in short, an iPhone 3G or 3GS will work fine to (a) play music; and simultaneously (b) as a communications device with the bluetooth?

The only issue is that it won't charge without an adapter?

Just want to confirm since I'm planning to switch to an iPhone when my current contract expires in December.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
yaz
Newbie - Just Registered

First post here, but I have received a ton of great info by using this site... thanks to all that post.

Someone posted a similar problem within this thread, but I did not see any response to the question. I have hooked my iPhone up with the adapter and it works great, other than the fact that I am unable to access my videos... for whatever reason, when hooked up through the Maxima, it's as if they are not even on the phone (they do not appear on the screen).

I will be picking up the video cables tomorrow, but will that actually change the display?

Thanks again
(btw, the '09 is Maxima #4 for me, and is far and away my favorite!)
Old 10-18-2009, 04:26 PM
yaz
Newbie - Just Registered

it looks like I found the answer to my own question (looks like if you search long enough, the answer can be found on this site)...

"That is the only way I have been able to play video on the Navigation screen using the AUX input. I can't even navigate to the videos using the standard iPod interface cable that came with the car. Hope this helps!"
Old 10-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jay588
what about ipod touch?

The touch works great for me, it just doesn't charge while connected...who cares really........great quality sound out of the Music Box
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
yaz
Newbie - Just Registered

Trying to get video from my iPhone onto the Maxima screen...

I picked up the video cables and nothing... when I hook it all up, I get the message on the car screen that the iPod is not connected. I tried it with and without the adapter, but it made no difference (I was told that I would not need the adapter). It does not even recognize that there is anything connected.

As far as I know, i hooked it all up correctly, as there is not much to it.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 06:33 PM

i have this and it only worked for my ipod 2nd gen. it doesnt work for my iphone 3g, it wont charge it or play music...
Old 10-21-2009, 07:07 AM
yaz
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by whit
i have this and it only worked for my ipod 2nd gen. it doesnt work for my iphone 3g, it wont charge it or play music...

I have this as well, and it does work for my iPhone 3Gs.

...and does anybody have any help w/ my above video question?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Found a solution for anyone with the Iphone 3G. Here is the link. You can also get a/v cables cheap.
http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/connector.htm?connipod.htm

any one tried this already?!?!

Quick Reply: Iphone Issues-other