7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

How much did you pay? *New car shopper*

Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
How much did you pay? *New car shopper*

I was gonna buy a salvage 06 off a guy around here selling cheap on a Saturday, but his stuipd partner sold it before he called me back on a Tuesday. So, I figure oh well, maybe I'll just get a new one. So....


I've checked them out at the local dealership and been looking online. I want the premium package and spoiler. I would like Nav, but since Metra is making a double din kit, I figured I'd through my AVIC in there, instead of paying for the Tech package.

So, what kinds of prices have you all been getting so far at the dealerships? There are a few dealers around here that are selling the S and SV with no packages BELOW invoice. I would jump on it, but if I'm buying new, I want to have what I want to have.

Anyway, I don't mind driving to get a good deal on a new car. Where are the cheapest new maxima's being sold around the country? What package do you have and how much did you pay? What option would you add/delete?

....
BTW, I'm presently in NorCal, but from the east coast. So, I will drive just about anywhere in between to get an excellent deal.

Last edited by smooth_caramel; 11-05-2008 at 10:20 AM.
smooth_caramel is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: A T L
Posts: 264
$32k in mid-August, included sports package, window tint, 2 year maintenance package (oil change/tire rotation free).

Last edited by michaelle8885; 11-30-2008 at 01:05 PM.
michaelle8885 is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 951
32k September, SV + Sport.

I'd guess if you wait you'll get it for near 30k once incentives hit....we are buying when it's still "new".
mls277 is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: houston
Posts: 1,310
man i wish i could afford a 7th gen.
maxima.713 is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by mls277 View Post
32k September, SV + Sport.

I'd guess if you wait you'll get it for near 30k once incentives hit....we are buying when it's still "new".


When is this supposed to happen? Only thing i've seen is 0.0% financing that ended monday. Are there cash rebates/incentives coming?
smooth_caramel is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 03:58 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North NJ
Posts: 51
I just picked mine up yesteday. SV, Sport Pkg. $32,500.
angrye is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NYC>SF Bay Area>Tampa Bay
Posts: 156
36k sv premium + tech in the beginning of july
liypfhe1 is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
Posts: 55
Beginning of October, I paid 26.6K for S
bizarjuggalo is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 951
Wow....26.6k is great for a Maxima. Smarter than the rest of us!
mls277 is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,734
under 30 is great
Bjs470 is offline  
Old 11-05-2008, 10:03 PM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Bjs470 View Post
under 30 is great

yes, exactly!!!!

There is one listed around here for $26,900 in NorCal, but it doesn't have the options I want. I think that's an excellent price for this area, but I just can't do it.

I'd be upset later that I didn't get the options that I THINK I want.

Keep'em coming. I may have to make a drive across country for the xmas holidays!
smooth_caramel is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 AM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 268
I am planning on buying a SV with the technology package. My guess is that towards year end, the incentives will come out. It seems that Maximas can be had now for invoice or just below invoice. Nissan will need extra incentives to move year-end metal.

I am playing the role of a vulture circling overhead. But the dealer's BS continues! Yesterday, It was in a double wide dealership. By double wide, I mean a formerly Nissan - GMC or similar that has dumped the US product. There were Nissan models everywhere. I was literally the only customer. Salespeople were lined up outside to intercept the customers. Notwithstanding the evidence, the salesperson said their dealership was not hurting! I said I needed to find a hungrier dealership and left.
CT Maxima is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Queens, Ny
Posts: 67
i bought my SV w/ sport & tech package for just under 33k (32.8k) before taxes last month. they also threw in the floor and trunk mats. the cheapest quote i got from a nissan dealership for the exact same car was 33.5k. i bought it through an auto wholesaler.
DarkSlateMaxima is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by DarkSlateMaxima View Post
i bought my SV w/ sport & tech package for just under 33k (32.8k) before taxes last month. they also threw in the floor and trunk mats. the cheapest quote i got from a nissan dealership for the exact same car was 33.5k. i bought it through an auto wholesaler.
This is supercheap! Can you tell me who this auto wholesaler is?
CT Maxima is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Queens, Ny
Posts: 67
its in queens, NY. in long island city. i was referred to him through a friend that gives him alot of business.
DarkSlateMaxima is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM
  #16  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by CT Maxima View Post
I am planning on buying a SV with the technology package. My guess is that towards year end, the incentives will come out. It seems that Maximas can be had now for invoice or just below invoice. Nissan will need extra incentives to move year-end metal.

I am playing the role of a vulture circling overhead. But the dealer's BS continues! Yesterday, It was in a double wide dealership. By double wide, I mean a formerly Nissan - GMC or similar that has dumped the US product. There were Nissan models everywhere. I was literally the only customer. Salespeople were lined up outside to intercept the customers. Notwithstanding the evidence, the salesperson said their dealership was not hurting! I said I needed to find a hungrier dealership and left.


As far as the incentives go, wouldn't they gear the year end incentives toward 08's instead of 09's?
smooth_caramel is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: a meadow south of Atlanta
Posts: 8,109
Originally Posted by smooth_caramel View Post
As far as the incentives go, wouldn't they gear the year end incentives toward 08's instead of 09's?

He is talking about chronological year end sales quotas, not model year end.

Also, in many states, dealers have to pay a significant tax on merchandise on their lot at year's end, so usually lower prices additionally be the amount of that tax in late December in order to both help meet sales quotas and avoid having to pay the tax.
lightonthehill is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
  #18  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a dealer about 150mi away that has premium + tech w/floor mats for $33,499!!! I think that's good for here. Since I don't necessarily want the tech, it would be $1600 less. So I could get a 09 SV premium pkg for $31899!!!

That's better than the CarsDirect quote I got!

He didn't mention the spoiler though, I'm not sure if it's included or if he just forgot to add it into the quote. Either way, if I go with this one, I'll know for sure when I put in an "official" quote request.

Good price?
smooth_caramel is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by lightonthehill View Post
He is talking about chronological year end sales quotas, not model year end.

Also, in many states, dealers have to pay a significant tax on merchandise on their lot at year's end, so usually lower prices additionally be the amount of that tax in late December in order to both help meet sales quotas and avoid having to pay the tax.

Oh thanks for clearing that up. I'm debating now if I should wait for the clearances or take the one above
smooth_caramel is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 951
Looks good even with Tech....under 32 with premium sounds pretty darn good. I was 32 for SV + Sport
mls277 is offline  
Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,055
I paid absolutely ZERO DOLLARS and ZERO CENTS for mine, praise be to the Almighty GOD.
bk2k3max is offline  
Old 11-10-2008, 10:22 AM
  #22  
Newbie - Just Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6
Got mine $500 under invoice....forgot exactly what that was

Mine has the sports package
OMarqs is offline  
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/Carf...htype=LOCATION


fitzmall has, usually, the lowest or almost lowest prices in the country. they seem to want a little over 27k for the cheapest model. i'd base it off their pricing

Last edited by pengwin; 11-11-2008 at 11:01 AM.
pengwin is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 AM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27
SV + Premium + Tech = $34,149 out the door on November 6th
09SV is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 08:33 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 951
out the door? wow. I HAD the best price. I was out the door at 34600 I wanna say
mls277 is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM
  #26  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by 09SV View Post
SV + Premium + Tech = $34,149 out the door on November 6th
For clarity, does out the door mean that taxes, title, and the ubiquitous documentation fee are not included?
CT Maxima is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 AM
  #27  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
i just noticed i posted a bad link.

here it is fixed. http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/Carf...htype=LOCATION

edited my previous post.

"Out the door price includes everything, including all fees, sales tax, registration fee, and license fees. Everything. "
pengwin is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27
Out the door means the total... taxes, tags, title, delivery charges, etc. The price on the bottom.
09SV is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
  #29  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by 09SV View Post
Out the door means the total... taxes, tags, title, delivery charges, etc. The price on the bottom.
Wow! The bloom is off the "new" car Maxima. Thanks for the benchmark.
CT Maxima is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: a meadow south of Atlanta
Posts: 8,109
Originally Posted by CT Maxima View Post
Wow! The bloom is off the "new" car Maxima. Thanks for the benchmark.

The bloom is off almost every vehicle. Car dealerships around me are falling like the last leaves of Autumn. Dealers in the Atlanta metro area who have been in business over forty years are saying they have never seen business half this bad in their lifetime. Many big gas guzzlers are being advertised for five to ten thousand below inventory. I drive by dealerships around where I live, and the only way you can tell they are open is because the gates are open. The lots (even my Nissan dealer's lot) are deserted. This is beginning to remind me of the 1930s (yes, I was around during the 1930s).
lightonthehill is offline  
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
  #31  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 181
Yes, it's the BAD 'ol days once again. If the domestic car industry fails, it'll be even worse for everybody, Nissan included. The 'out-the-door' pricing is hard to compare, particularly when you consider the different tax rates and licensing fees that we pay in each state. What's more accurate to quote in this thread is what you paid for your Max and add in any doc fees or other dealership tricks for adding to the bottom line.
dkmura is offline  
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: seaside town north of Boston
Posts: 428
Yes, things look dire for the auto industry right now. But should we bail out these companies? The AIG stuff has "my knickers in a twist!" Yes, the economy is in a free fall right now, and for many reasons. One of which is unions! The purpose of a union has gone from protecting the rights of a worker to defiling the rights of the consumer. The hourly rates and benefits granted to "assembly line" workers are out of scale (along with pro athletes, lawyers, etc.)! Unfortunately, however, should a major corporation such as GM fail, the ripple effect would decimate the middle class while the execs of the corporation would laugh all the way to the bank with their "golden parachutes"!

This should liven up this thread!
jc53 is offline  
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM
  #33  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NYC>SF Bay Area>Tampa Bay
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by lightonthehill View Post
Car dealerships around me are falling like the last leaves of Autumn.

thats a funny *** saying.... lmao.... good one
liypfhe1 is offline  
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: a meadow south of Atlanta
Posts: 8,109
Originally Posted by liypfhe1 View Post
thats a funny *** saying.... lmao.... good one

Thanks for finding some humor in my plaintive bleatings.


I am not a big fan of Detroit products. I owned/drove nothing but Detroit products from 1949 to 1978, and there was hardly ever a time that something didn't need fixing on every car I ever had. I'm not sure Detroit really 'got it' back then.

I also remember that many of the kids I grew up with in the '40s dropped out of school and headed to Detroit instead of college, because they made more as an assembly line worker than many college grads were able to take home in professional jobs where I lived in the South. I'm not sure Detroit really understood the effect they were having on Southern families back then.

As late as this past spring, Detroit was still churning out a preponderance of big road hogs that were getting from 11 to 15 MPG, and many of their dealer lots were jam-packed with far more huge vehicles than they could possibly sell. I knew then that Detroit still had no clue.

There has always been a seldom spoken, but very obvious 'attitude' in the deep South, especially among older folks, against foreign vehicles. Some of the dealers here even have U.S. flags waving in their ads, and they sometimes slip in the phrase 'buy American.' Even back in the mid-1970s, when I was still driving only American cars, that turned me off.

I still see 'that look' (as in 'why aren't you supporting America?') in the eyes of folks my age when they see my Maxima. They don't seem to understand that their Crown Vic or Grand Marquis or G8 was assembled outside the U.S., while my Maxima was assembled in Tennessee by Americans using over 80% American-made parts. Sadly, their automotive knowledge became stagnant around the time the Terraplanes and Pierce-Arrows disappeared.

But I ramble.

Yes, it would be very bad for our entire economy (especially the automotive world) if the Big Three went under. But our government cannot afford to totally make up the many billions of dollars the Big Three are losing every quarter. And few folks are in position to buy anything they made anyhow. There is no easy fix.

At least I will have shoes to wear during this coming depression; during parts of the 1930s, I had no shoes.
lightonthehill is offline  
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 AM
  #35  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by lightonthehill View Post
Thanks for finding some humor in my plaintive bleatings.


I am not a big fan of Detroit products. I owned/drove nothing but Detroit products from 1949 to 1978, and there was hardly ever a time that something didn't need fixing on every car I ever had. I'm not sure Detroit really 'got it' back then.

I also remember that many of the kids I grew up with in the '40s dropped out of school and headed to Detroit instead of college, because they made more as an assembly line worker than many college grads were able to take home in professional jobs where I lived in the South. I'm not sure Detroit really understood the effect they were having on Southern families back then.

As late as this past spring, Detroit was still churning out a preponderance of big road hogs that were getting from 11 to 15 MPG, and many of their dealer lots were jam-packed with far more huge vehicles than they could possibly sell. I knew then that Detroit still had no clue.

There has always been a seldom spoken, but very obvious 'attitude' in the deep South, especially among older folks, against foreign vehicles. Some of the dealers here even have U.S. flags waving in their ads, and they sometimes slip in the phrase 'buy American.' Even back in the mid-1970s, when I was still driving only American cars, that turned me off.

I still see 'that look' (as in 'why aren't you supporting America?') in the eyes of folks my age when they see my Maxima. They don't seem to understand that their Crown Vic or Grand Marquis or G8 was assembled outside the U.S., while my Maxima was assembled in Tennessee by Americans using over 80% American-made parts. Sadly, their automotive knowledge became stagnant around the time the Terraplanes and Pierce-Arrows disappeared.

But I ramble.

Yes, it would be very bad for our entire economy (especially the automotive world) if the Big Three went under. But our government cannot afford to totally make up the many billions of dollars the Big Three are losing every quarter. And few folks are in position to buy anything they made anyhow. There is no easy fix.

At least I will have shoes to wear during this coming depression; during parts of the 1930s, I had no shoes.

Your posts are excellent.
rkurlander is offline  
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 181
Back on topic: anybody else who has recently purchased an '09 Max that cares to share what they paid? Has anybody tried VPP pricing yet?
dkmura is offline  
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 565
Well, I was today at Nissan koeppel Northern Blvd .NY.

Those guys are crazy SV + Premium + Tech = $38,999 plus taxes, registration, etc.

I walked away, laughing.
Yaco_Max is offline  
Old 11-14-2008, 01:18 PM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 951
Wow...38,999...what a JOKE in this economy. It's a NISSAN...for 39k plus tax title you better have the BMW logo or at least Inifinity or Lexus...32-33 for SV with Sport OR Premium with tech should be where these are selling, and it looks like thats the case. Try CT or NJ dealers
mls277 is offline  
Old 11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
  #39  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 20
Mine came out to $33,788.
Precision Gray, Sport & Tech package...

This is through a dealer's internet sales department.
Had a pretty good experience working with them, and it looks like I'll be going this route for any future vehicle experiences...

e.
e... is offline  
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: a meadow south of Atlanta
Posts: 8,109
Originally Posted by Yaco_Max View Post
Well, I was today at Nissan koeppel Northern Blvd .NY.
Those guys are crazy SV + Premium + Tech = $38,999 plus taxes, registration, etc.
I walked away, laughing.


That was pretty much the way my dealer was dealing back in July. He even added a $3,600 charge above MSRP as 'Market Adjustemnt'. Like you, I walked away (but crying, not laughing). But with the recent collapse in our economy, things are vastly different. Intelligent dealers are painfully aware the customer is now in the driver's seat.

Today, I would not be paying over invoice plus a reasonable 'Dealer Service' charge of not more than a few hundred dollars. Thiis still gives the dealer profit in the Holdback (over $500), plus he sells a car, which he is finding more difficult to do every day.

As we can see from some of the posts in this thread, some dealers and new car outlets are now going UNDER invoice on the '09 Maxima.


p.s. - Thanks, rkurlander.
lightonthehill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much did you pay? *New car shopper*


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.