7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT CUSTOMER REVIEW FOR MAX 09

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 02:02 PM

GREAT CUSTOMER REVIEW FOR MAX 09

Check out this link, the 09 Max received really great reviews from Owners-Overall Rating is 9.1:

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/maxima...8157.date.html

Post your reviews as well.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:58 PM

I saw that it's a great place to get real honest opinions on cars! One of the reasons I bought my Maxima and of course after driving her I fell in love!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by NissanGoddess
I saw that it's a great place to get real honest opinions on cars! One of the reasons I bought my Maxima and of course after driving her I fell in love!
Yeah, I'm glad I shop around first before buying and since I own 2 other Maximas I figured I better get more feedback on this new model before purchasing.

I liked the one post by the former BMW owner, I should've quoted it here but he basically said he traded 2 BMWs for the Maxima and that he got tired of paying for no more than a Name.

The owner actually said that the Max trumped his BMW in every category, that's a nice statement coming from a guy who said he never considered driving anything less than BMW, not even a Mercedes.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
Yeah, I'm glad I shop around first before buying and since I own 2 other Maximas I figured I better get more feedback on this new model before purchasing.

I liked the one post by the former BMW owner, I should've quoted it here but he basically said he traded 2 BMWs for the Maxima and that he got tired of paying for no more than a Name.

The owner actually said that the Max trumped his BMW in every category, that's a nice statement coming from a guy who said he never considered driving anything less than BMW, not even a Mercedes.
ouch for BMW, i still love that M5 though, lawd that V10 sound sweat
Old 06-15-2009, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by JAMAICANLOVRBOY
ouch for BMW, i still love that M5 though, lawd that V10 sound sweat
Oh, I love BMWs too, the 335i almost makes having the M3 a non essential item because it is just as quick and that M5 is just sick-like you said that V10 is music to your ears.

I was kinda surprised to read that commentary coming from a BMW owner, I'm going to have to find it and post it in the next comment I make.

The reason I say that I was surprised because the other day a lady I know that drives a BMW 325 tried to put me down because as she put it "well at least I'm not driving a Nissan"!

I responded by asking her two things: What can your car do that mine can't? Do you know that my car is far more reliable than your car? I told her that her car may have a better resale and warranty (the latter she needs, I told her because of the issues they have with those cars).

I was honest with her but she did try to dismiss my car, I then went on to add that not only does my car look better (which everyone around agreed- about 200 people), my car is bigger, faster, gets better gas mileage (I average 23 city and 33 hwy) and it has equal appointments/in some categories better goodies than her car.

I did give her car credit for its' handling though, I said it was better than ours but that it wasn't miles ahead.

It just bothers me that simply because "name recognition" alone that she assumed that her car was better.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 AM

Here's the FORMER BMW Owner's review:

My husband owned a BMW 740i and I had a BMW x5 coming off lease. We have been a BMW family for a long time and had been considering a BMW 3 or 5. My husband saw a Maxima in person, and was impressed with the styling, so we went for a test drive. I never expected to get him into this car. We were so impressed with all the features we got in the car (Sport loaded) that a similarly equipped 3 would have been $55k, and we loved the sporty look and feel of the dash board and small steering wheel! We had fun driving it, and were impressed with the 5 star crash ratings. In todays economy, why spend more money for a name, when if you don't look at the emblem, you don't know this is a Nissan.
Favorite Features
We loved the styling. Ours is black and with all the chrome, it looks as rich and classy as a BMW or Lexus. The dash is Young looking, not stuffy, and it has a great nav system, fantastic Music Box Bose radio, and features like heated seats, memory positioning, which make you feel quite pampered.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be much appreciated, but it is equal to the BMW's. Rain sensing windshield wipers would be nice.
9 out 11 people found this review helpful

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/maxima...57%2edate.html
Old 06-18-2009, 01:19 AM

Oh, I love BMWs too, the 335i almost makes having the M3 a non essential item because it is just as quick and that M5 is just sick-like you said that V10 is music to your ears.

I was kinda surprised to read that commentary coming from a BMW owner, I'm going to have to find it and post it in the next comment I make.

The reason I say that I was surprised because the other day a lady I know that drives a BMW 325 tried to put me down because as she put it "well at least I'm not driving a Nissan"!

I responded by asking her two things: What can your car do that mine can't? Do you know that my car is far more reliable than your car? I told her that her car may have a better resale and warranty (the latter she needs, I told her because of the issues they have with those cars).

I was honest with her but she did try to dismiss my car, I then went on to add that not only does my car look better (which everyone around agreed- about 200 people), my car is bigger, faster, gets better gas mileage (I average 23 city and 33 hwy) and it has equal appointments/in some categories better goodies than her car.

I did give her car credit for its' handling though, I said it was better than ours but that it wasn't miles ahead.

It just bothers me that simply because "name recognition" alone that she assumed that her car was better.
Just hit the gas pedal. That always shuts the 325 snobs up. It's seems they're willing to throw down money for a name brand without even knowing the specs of the car (what they're paying for). Maybe they think it's the ultimate driving machine or something.

Now that's not to say I'm not drooling over a 335i, but guys who act like they have a sick ride with a low-end BMW are tools.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:04 AM

Here's the FORMER BMW Owner's review:

My husband owned a BMW 740i and I had a BMW x5 coming off lease. We have been a BMW family for a long time and had been considering a BMW 3 or 5. My husband saw a Maxima in person, and was impressed with the styling, so we went for a test drive. I never expected to get him into this car. We were so impressed with all the features we got in the car (Sport loaded) that a similarly equipped 3 would have been $55k, and we loved the sporty look and feel of the dash board and small steering wheel! We had fun driving it, and were impressed with the 5 star crash ratings. In todays economy, why spend more money for a name, when if you don't look at the emblem, you don't know this is a Nissan.
Favorite Features
We loved the styling. Ours is black and with all the chrome, it looks as rich and classy as a BMW or Lexus. The dash is Young looking, not stuffy, and it has a great nav system, fantastic Music Box Bose radio, and features like heated seats, memory positioning, which make you feel quite pampered.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be much appreciated, but it is equal to the BMW's. Rain sensing windshield wipers would be nice.
9 out 11 people found this review helpful

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/maxima...57%2edate.html
I completely agree with the last part, when she says that "In todays economy, why spend more money for a name, when if you don't look at the emblem, you don't know this is a Nissan.", so many people ask me what kinda car is that until they come close up and see that its a Nissan, they just trip! Some times you have research and look for the better deal, than having to pay for 50K-60K just so you can have an emblem to show for it, the smartest buyers aren't the richest rather the most budgeted individuals.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by alexishaze
I completely agree with the last part, when she says that "In todays economy, why spend more money for a name, when if you don't look at the emblem, you don't know this is a Nissan.", so many people ask me what kinda car is that until they come close up and see that its a Nissan, they just trip! Some times you have research and look for the better deal, than having to pay for 50K-60K just so you can have an emblem to show for it, the smartest buyers aren't the richest rather the most budgeted individuals.
Let me just point out that I didn't intend this thread to be a MAXIMA to BMW comparison nor did I intend to Bash BMWs.

I love BMWs, especially the 335i, M3, and the M5, those are among my absolute favorites, for me I seem to have issues with the snobbish, thumb your nose at everybody who doesn't drive a BMW owners.

If you read the review that the couple wrote she even shows a little bit of that snob on a couple of occasions:

HTML Code:
you don't know this is a Nissan.",
HTML Code:
if you don't look at the emblem
HTML Code:
I never expected to get him into this car.
Not that she or that they are snobs now but their statements clearly indicate that it would've been considered beneath them to drive anything less.

Plus when I factor that thinking in with the ignorance some of those owners have about the reliability of their cars in comparison to Maximas it actually makes you like them even less.

Sure I'd trade my car for nearly every car I mentioned above but not simply because of "name recognition" but for purely personal reasons like the fact that I like fast cars and all of those cars are faster than a Maxima but never for the fact that just because it is a BMW.

To me ppl who do that are Snobs and think they're better than everyone else.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Who cares what the BMW folks think. Seriously, we know what our cars are. The reviews are evidence that this car is a dream. Forget the snobs, the car rocks.