7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Post 500....the Maxima is back.....love the 7th gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 PM

Thumbs up For Post 500....the Maxima is back.....love the 7th gen

I've been a Maxima fan since I could remember, loving the 3rd gen the most. Family almost bought a 4th gen and I still remember driving one for the first time. My bud had a smooth anniversary edition 5th gen and loved the MMC of the 5th gen with the HIDs standard.....I've always considered it higher than a Camry/Accord and to me it was always better than the I30/I35.

Then the gotdamn 6th gen came, one of the worst vehicles I have ever driven.:matt93se: Course, handled poorly, awfully cheap interior, made in Tennesse, I mean WTF? To make matters worse, it looks like a knock-off Lexus GS. I was not pleased. WTF did Nissan do to the beloved Maxima?

Well the 7th gen is becoming my favorite Maxima ever!! The styling is crisp and fresh without overdoing it. The interior is straight out an Infiniti. The features are the same as in luxury brands. Stock with the sport 19s, what a great looking car.

As for driving, while I really do not like FWD, the CVT and smoothness of this vehicle make up for it. It another quick Max!! It feels like its built from another planet compared to the last gen. We all know the new 4DSC is the Skyline aka our G35/37 but the Maxima does not embarrass itself!

My G/F likes it a lot. Yall know Lexus is in my blood and I'm lucky she likes the IS 350/IS-F as well. However the Maxima is so good to me, if thats what she really wants, I won't drug her up with F-sport parts.

Hats off to all 7th gen owners. I will be back here more frequently.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 PM

The 2004-2008 maximas were the biggest failure ever. the interior looks like a cheap $10k econobox (hyundai accent/kia rio/chevy aveo) crap.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:45 PM

Thanks for the words, 1SICKLEX. I agree with you that the 7th gen is a very solid car. Best one I have ever owned.

But we may be giving the 6th gen Maxima a short straw here. Sure, it was a big change from the Maxima as we had always known it. I thought it looked a little heavy (OK, bloated), and I had to think awhile before deciding I liked it.

After driving one for five years, I grew to love that roomy and reliable 6th gen. On an extended interstate drive Saturday (in my '09), I saw three 7th gens, and they were very sharp. But I also saw around a dozen 6th gens, some with very nice modding, and not only thought they looked really good, but realized I had grown very fond of my 6th gen, and really missed seeing it in my garage.

While watching the news Saturday night, they showed an '04 Burnt Umber SE sticking halfway into the side of a home. Seems a carjacker had been chased by the police, and lost control on a curve. Of course the announcer called it a 'Nissan Altima', which annoyed me. I realized at that point I really did love my 6th gen.

Thanks again for your astute appreciation of our new 7th gen. It truly takes us back nearer the 'Maxima mantra.'
Old 07-19-2009, 05:02 AM

Hooorrayyyyy Nissannnn!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:41 AM

Although I was never a fan of the 6th Gen I still never dissed them and I thought that the car was constantly getting better as Nissan realized that it was not hitting the market and began to make changes (especially cosmetic).

Yes, the car (6th Gen) did look a little bloated to me but they have grown on me and I've seen some very nice looking 6th Gens around and some are modded and look totally stock.

I wouldn't go as far to diss a 6th Gen to praise the 7TH Gen, both are Maximas and both will carry that one great element most of us really love about our cars and that is the RELIABILITY factor.

The 7TH Gen for me is the best Max, I own a 2k, 2k3 and now a 2k9 so I can speak from first hand knowledge of the drivability, quality and reliability of these cars.

Good luck with the GF and the new Max, hopefully she'll crossover to it as well.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:20 AM

If you look the minority of my post is about the 6th gen, mostly about the 7th gen and how fantastic it is.

Lets focus on the 7th gen!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've been a Maxima fan since I could remember, loving the 3rd gen the most. Family almost bought a 4th gen and I still remember driving one for the first time. My bud had a smooth anniversary edition 5th gen and loved the MMC of the 5th gen with the HIDs standard.....I've always considered it higher than a Camry/Accord and to me it was always better than the I30/I35.

Then the gotdamn 6th gen came, one of the worst vehicles I have ever driven.:matt93se: Course, handled poorly, awfully cheap interior, made in Tennesse, I mean WTF? To make matters worse, it looks like a knock-off Lexus GS. I was not pleased. WTF did Nissan do to the beloved Maxima?

Well the 7th gen is becoming my favorite Maxima ever!! The styling is crisp and fresh without overdoing it. The interior is straight out an Infiniti. The features are the same as in luxury brands. Stock with the sport 19s, what a great looking car.

As for driving, while I really do not like FWD, the CVT and smoothness of this vehicle make up for it. It another quick Max!! It feels like its built from another planet compared to the last gen. We all know the new 4DSC is the Skyline aka our G35/37 but the Maxima does not embarrass itself!

My G/F likes it a lot. Yall know Lexus is in my blood and I'm lucky she likes the IS 350/IS-F as well. However the Maxima is so good to me, if thats what she really wants, I won't drug her up with F-sport parts.

Hats off to all 7th gen owners. I will be back here more frequently.
I agree!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:35 PM

I have to agree, this 7th Gen is built on another planet, having come from a 6th Gen I appreciate this car so much more
Old 07-19-2009, 05:17 PM

This car rox my sox. Love it!!! Sexxa car.